Are you planning to buy car insurance online, but do not know from where to start? Do not worry as in this article we are going to discuss the process of acquiring a car insurance policy online and how to keep some important things to check before it.
Selecting the most suitable car insurance plan online could be a troublesome task as there are so many insurance providers and insurance products available. However, if you go through this article, you will be able to make an informed decision.
Benefits to Buy a Car Insurance Policy Online
- Helps you to make the informed decision: You may get a plethora of information related to car insurance online, which helps you to make an informed decision.
- Fast and easy way: Apart from information, the online purchase of car insurance is fast, convenient, and easy.
- Transparency of the information: The plans are so clearly explained on the websites of the insurance providers that it becomes really easy to understand them. This is possible because of the transparency of the information shared by the insurance providers on their websites.
- Flexibility to customize your insurance plan: Online purchase of the policy also offers you the opportunity to customize your insurance plan.
- Reduced paperwork: While purchasing a plan online, you only need to fill a form and upload the required documents. So, comparatively lesser paperwork is needed.
- Cost effective: In addition to all the above-mentioned benefits, the biggest advantage that you get is you get insurance plans at comparatively cheaper rates. This is because there is no middleman involved and the insurance provider passes this saving in the form of discount to its buyers.
Steps to Purchase Car Insurance Policy Online
Follow the below-mentioned steps to purchase a car insurance policy online:
- Know the Coverage You Require: Start your online insurance purchasing process by understanding the cover that you want from your insurance policy. The car insurance providers of UAE provide two types of car insurance plans – comprehensive insurance plan and third-party liability insurance. On one hand where third-party insurance provides only minimum cover by paying out for the damages of the third-party in case of an accident. The other hand, a comprehensive plan covers third-party as well as your own vehicle in case of any mishap by your car. In addition to a policy, you can also opt for several add-ons by paying an extra premium in order to meet your individual requirements. These add-ons may cover agency repair, an extension for Oman, personal accident cover, or cover in case of natural calamities.
- Compare Policies Online: The next step that you have to perform in order to purchase car insurance online is to compare various policies. To do it, you can to go to the website of a reliable insurance web aggregator. Most of the web aggregators ask you to fill a form with the details of your car and yourself. After that, they give you the options of some of the most suitable insurance policies for your car. From this result, you can select one as per your needs. While comparing insurance plans, you must take the deductible and excess applied to your policy into account. You may get to know that the higher the deductibles are the lower will be the premium of your car insurance plan. However, it should always be kept in mind that higher deductibles cost higher out-of-pocket expenses while making a claim.
- Search for Discounts and Offers: The insurance providers time to time launch various offers and discounts and most of them provide special discounts on festive seasons. So, search for an insurance provider that offers you good discount or deal. This can save hundreds of Dirhams.
- Pay for Your Policy and You are Ready to Go: For completing the purchase, you have to make payment on the website. If you are buying car insurance online from the website of the insurance web aggregator then you have to make the payment there. And if you are taking a plan directly from the website of the insurance provider, then obviously pay at its website. In both the cases, do not forget to check about the turnaround time taken in processing the payment and issuing the policy. Some insurance web aggregators issue the insurance policy within an hour of the payment and document upload, whereas some may take a time of a day or two. So, keep the turnaround time in mind.
- Contact the Customer Support, if Required: If you find difficulty at any step of the online purchase process, you can contact the customer support of your insurance provider or insurance aggregator (depending upon the medium from which you are purchasing a plan). The customer support representatives are available 24*7 at your help.
Whether it is the purchase of an insurance plan or renewal of a policy, online medium is the most suitable of the current time. Not only it is fast, but it is convenient as well because you can purchase a plan at the comfort of your home. However, keep these small tips in your mind while finalizing any insurance plan and then you will for sure end up in buying the best policy for your car online.