- Individual Single Trip Insurance: This type of single trip insurance plan is made for solo travellers. The policy covers only one traveller and can be bought by anyone older than 18 years of age. The benefits offered are in-line with the basic structure of a single trip travel insurance plan.
- Family Single Trip Insurance: You can insure your whole family with a family single trip travel insurance plan. Most insurance providers allow 2 adults (you and your spouse) and 4 child dependents to be insured in a family one trip travel insurance plan. Children have to be older than 30 days and younger than 18 years of age.
- International Single Trip Insurance: As the name suggests, these single trip travel insurance plans are designed to cover only international trips. As long as your trip takes you out of the UAE, you can use an international one trip travel insurance plan to cover it.
- Domestic Single Trip Insurance: Trips taken within the political boundaries of the UAE are covered by domestic single trip insurance plans. The benefits are almost similar to the ones offered in international single trip insurance plans.
- Senior Citizen Single Trip Travel Insurance: One trip travel insurance for senior citizens is designed to cover older travellers. Most such plans can be bought by travellers aged over 65-70 years.
Best single travel Insurance in UAE
Here is a comprehensive list of cheap Single travel insurance plans in Dubai, UAE :
|See More Plans >>
Best Travel Insurance Partners in UAE
Inclusions of Single Trip Travel Insurance
The benefits of a one-trip travel insurance plan can be divided into two main parts – medical benefits and trip inconvenience benefits. Given below is a complete rundown of both types:
Single Trip Medical Travel Insurance Benefits
- Emergency medical treatment cover – include injuries as well as illnesses
- Emergency dental treatment cover – includes only high emergency cases causing pain and discomfort
- Emergency medical evacuation – if you need to be evacuated to a hospital nearby in case of an emergency or to another hospital if the current one cannot provide the medical assistance you require.
- Accidental death cover – include compensation for deaths or disabilities caused due to an accident.
- Compassionate visit – if you have been hospitalized for a while due to an injury or illness, the insurance company will cover the travel cost for one of your family members or close relatives to come and visit you.
- Hospital cash benefit – compensation amount to cover hospitalization cost if you have to stay in hospital for more than 24 hours after the emergency treatment.
Trip Inconvenience Benefits
- Personal liability cover – helps you in case you end up accumulating personal liability towards a third party when on a trip.
- Trip cancellation or curtailment – covers for cancelled trips or trips cut short due to an unforeseen reason.
- Baggage delay or loss – delayed or lost checked-in baggage at the airport. An hour-based limitation may apply here.
- Loss of luggage or personal belongings – offers compensation if you happen to lose luggage or personal belongings when on the trip.
- Highjack coverage – compensation for high jacked flights or the ones facing a potential high jack threat.
- Emergency cash assistance – insurance provider offers financial assistance if you are short on money when on the trip.
- Loss of travel documents – the expenses to get a new passport are covered by the insurance provider if you happen to lose your original copy.
- Home burglary cover – compensation if your home is broken-in by a burglar while you are on the trip.
- Non-medical emergency evacuation – if you need to be evacuated due to a non-medical emergency, the insurance company covers the cost.
- Flight delays and missed flights – flights delays are covered by compensation. Missed connection flights can also be reimbursed.
Add-On Covers for Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Terrorism cover – covers for damages, loss and injuries caused due to an act of terrorism in the country you are visiting.
- Adventure sports cover – includes treatment for injuries caused when playing adventure sports like skiing. Specific sport-based covers, for example, skiing cover, also cover reimbursement for lost or damaged equipment and cancelled bookings.
- Cancel for any reason cover – this special cover will offer compensation for all cancelled trips no matter the reason.
- Pre-existing condition cover – basic emergency medical treatment does not cover treatment for pre-existing diseases. This covers enables you to seek the treatment you need for all known pre-existing conditions.
Exclusions of Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Pre-existing diseases
- Damages caused when under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Damages caused when driving without a permit
- Self-inflicted injuries and suicide
- Loss or damages caused by radioactive substances and explosions
- Alternative treatments like aromatherapy and acupuncture
- Sexually transmitted diseases like HIV
- Accidental injuries caused by adventure sports or hazardous activities
- Mental illnesses like depression
Eligibility Criteria to Buy Single Trip Travel Insurance
UAE citizens and residents older than 18 years of age can buy a single trip travel insurance plan. The maximum age limit can differ as per the provider. However, it ranges between 65 to 70 years. You will need documented proof of your residency or citizenship in the UAE along with trip tickets and other related documents. Senior citizen plans can be bought by people around the age of 65-70 years.
How to Claim Single Trip Travel Insurance Plans?
The process to submit claims against your one trip travel insurance plan depends upon the type of claim you are making. Emergency medical treatment claims can be made directly as cashless claims. Other claims such as trip delay, trip cancellations and lost luggage claims are to be made as reimbursement claims. Contact the insurance provider and find out the exact things you will need or if there are any special steps you need to take to file the claim.
Generally, in case of direct claims, you simply need to visit the hospital and inform them about your insurance coverage. Inform the insurance company about the upcoming claim as well. Fill out a direct claim form if required and submit it for instant approval. Once the hospital receives approval, your treatment will be covered directly by the insurance as per the plan terms and limits. If you are unable to perform these steps on your own, one of your companions can complete them for you.
Reimbursement claims can be made when you are back home after the trip. Obtain the claim form from the insurance provider and fill it out as required. Get the necessary documents and attach them with the filled out form. Submit the set using online or offline methods, as you see fit.
For personal liability, lost luggage lost travel documents and accidental claims, you will need to keep an official police report of the incident to get the claims approved. Apart from that, ownership proof for personal items and lost luggage is also required. For medical reimbursement claims, you will need radiology reports, lab tests, treatment receipts, hospitalization bills and other related documents.
How to Buy the Best Single Trip Travel Insurance in the UAE?
To buy single trip travel insurance that is the best for you, you need to take notes of a few tips and tricks and follow them ideally. Given below is what you need to know in order to buy single trip travel insurance plans that are ideal for you.
- Draw Comparison: Single trip travel insurance comparison is the best exercise you can perform to buy the right plan for your trip. Even though the structure of most plans is identical, they always have some redeeming qualities making them different from each other. So always go for a single trip travel insurance comparison before you decide on one plan.
- Try and Shop Online: Shopping for your travel insurance plan online has many benefits. The top one is additional discounts. It is rare to find promotional discounts for insurance plans. However, almost all providers offer additional discounts for online purchases. Take advantage of that to buy yourself a wonderful and yet cheap single trip insurance plan.
- Read Online Reviews: The digitisation of the world has motivated people to use online channels for almost everything. That includes leaving insurance reviews as well. You can easily find out which insurance provider and plan other travellers found helpful and in what way. Make it a point to scroll through reviews to find a trustworthy provider and plan.
- Make a List of Your Needs: You will often find benefits in one trip travel insurance plans that may not be of any use to you. For example, pet cover. If you do not have a pet at home to take care of, opting for a plan that offers this benefit is a waste. So, make a list of your requirements and then find a plan that covers them all.
- Buy Early: Despite popular belief, it is best to buy a single trip travel insurance plan for your trip as early as possible. Ideally, you should buy insurance as soon as you book a flight and accommodations. Many benefits like trip cancellation cover start from the moment you buy the plan. On top of that, early shopping may lead you to get cheap single trip travel insurance plans.
Single Trip Travel Insurance FAQs