One of the largest public joint shareholder companies (PJSC) in the UAE, Oman Insurance has been around for over 45 years now. Its core business lies in providing all life and general insurance products on personal, family, and corporate levels. Oman insurance has its headquarters established in Dubai, but it functions in all emirates along with Oman and Turkey. The majority shares of Oman Insurance are held by Mashreq bank and it works in partnership with major companies like Bupa, Coface, and Generali. Oman travel insurance plans are well known among the residents and visitors of the UAE for their comprehensive coverage and extensive options. From easy claim process to instance coverage, there is a lot you can expect to get from Oman travel insurance in the UAE.
Key Benefits and Features of Oman Travel Insurance
- Premium Worldwide Coverage: All Oman travel insurance plans designed for UAE residents and citizens can be customized as per the preferred geographical coverage. You get the option to take the same plan for domestic trips, worldwide trips, excluding the USA and Canada, and a separate cover for global trips including the USA and Canada.
- Common Covid-19 Cover: All travel insurance plans offered to UAE citizens and residents by Oman insurance come with pre-approved Covid-19 cover. It means that you can now travel with maximum security and peace of mind.
- Comprehensive Benefits: From personal liabilities to emergency medical expenses and home protection, Oman travel insurance in UAE comes with a comprehensive list of benefits. The plans cover every major and minor benefit that you may need when on a trip away from home.
- Easy Claim Process: The best thing about the Oman travel insurance claim process is that the claimant does not have to go through a long waiting period for the final processing and settlement. Your claims can be quickly submitted, processed and settled ideally in no time at all.
- Instant Cover: Whether you have bought Oman travel insurance online or offline, your coverage begins instantly leaving no gaps.
- Customization Options: All travel insurance plans designed for citizens and residents can be customized to cater to all your individual needs.
- Specialized Plans: Oman travel insurance also offers a specialized travel insurance plan designed for visitors in the UAE. This is a comprehensive travel insurance plan that covers all mandatory travel insurance requirements to procure a UAE Visa.
Oman Travel Insurance Plans
Oman Insurance offers two basic types of travel insurance plans – Travel Easy and Visitor Health. Travel Easy plans are designed for UAE residents and citizens whereas Visitor Health travel insurance plan is made for visitors planning to come to the UAE. Both these plans are made to fulfil all individual needs of the tourists, residents, and citizens. Let’s uncover their benefits and coverage span.
Made for both you and your family, Oman Insurance Travel Easy insurance plans are embedded with all the right benefits that you would need on your trip away. The benefits are comprehensive and there are several coverage options available for you to choose from. All plan variants from the Travel Easy category can be bought as either domestic or international travel insurance plans. Travel Easy is further divided into five different travel insurance plans – Elite, Ultimate, Annual Individual, Family Plan, and Annual Family. All these variants come with 24x7 customer assistance and support.
- Oman travel insurance Elite plan is the base level individual single-trip travel insurance plan offered in this sequence.
- It comes with an emergency medical expense cover benefit of USD 75,000. This also includes emergency medical evacuation and an emergency dental expense benefit of USD 300.
- Oman travel insurance Elite plan offers a personal liability cover of USD 500,000 to cover any third-party liability arising during the trip.
- A repatriation benefit of USD 10,000 is offered in case of the policyholder’s demise during the trip.
- The Elite plan also includes an accidental death and disability cover benefit of USD 50,000, which also includes cases of complete and partial paralysis.
- Standard baggage delay benefit of USD 50 per hour after the base waiting period of 4 hours.
- Oman travel insurance Elite plan comes with loss or damage of baggage/personal items cover benefit of USD 500.
- Trip cancellation and curtailment cover benefits of USD 1000 for each scenario come with the Oman travel insurance Elite plan.
- Trip delay benefit of USD 50 per hour after a base waiting period of 4 hours.
- Special home protection covers a benefit of USD 5000.
- Other included benefits of Oman travel insurance Elite plan are cover for loss of money, loss of travel documents, theft, flight hijack or detention, bail bond cover, legal fee cover, and missed departure or connection flight cover.
- The Ultimate travel insurance plan from Oman Insurance is a highly exclusive version of individual single-trip travel insurance plans.
- It comes with an emergency medical insurance benefit of USD 1,000,000, which is inclusive of emergency medical evacuation services as well. You will also receive a benefit of USD 300 for emergency dental care services and treatment during your trip.
- Personal liability cover limit of Oman travel insurance Ultimate plan is set at USD 1,000,000. You also get a bail bond benefit of USD 15,000 and a legal fee benefit of USD 10,000.
- Accidental death and disability benefit of USD 200,000 is inclusive of compensation benefit for partial or complete paralysis cases.
- In case of the policyholder’s demise during the trip, the Oman insurance Ultimate plan offers a benefit of USD 15,000 for repatriation of the mortal remains of the deceased.
- Standard travel-related benefits include baggage loss benefit of USD 3000, trip delay benefit of USD 50 per hour, trip cancellation and curtailment benefit of USD 6000, missed departure or connection flight benefit of USD 1500, and flight hijack/detention benefit of USD 500/day.
- Oman travel insurance Ultimate plan also comes with loss/theft of money benefit of USD 1000 and loss of travel document benefit of USD 500.
- It also offers home protection benefits with an assured limit of USD 10,000.
- The annual individual plan from Oman insurance is the only individual travel insurance plan made for annual trips. It is valid for all trips taken within the term of the plan.
- It comes with an emergency medical treatment benefit of USD 100,000, which is inclusive of an emergency medical evacuation benefit as well. The plan also offers emergency dental treatment benefits of up to USD 300.
- Accidental death and disability benefit of the Oman travel insurance annual individual plan is set at USD 100,000.
- Repatriation of mortal remains benefit with an assured sum of USD 10,000 is available in case the insured person meets their demise when traveling.
- Standard flight-related benefits include baggage delay benefit of USD 50 per hour, trip cancellation or curtailment benefit of USD 1000, trip delay benefit of USD 50 per hour after 4-hour waiting, hijack and detention benefit of USD 250 per day and miss departure or connection flight benefit of USD 1000.
- Personal protection benefits of Oman travel insurance annual individual plan include loss of personal money benefit of USD 250, loss of travel documents benefit of USD 500, and loss of baggage benefit of USD 1000.
- You can also avail of a home protection cover benefit of USD 10,000 and a 24-hour assistance service during your trip.
- The Oman travel insurance Family plan is a single trip basic plan designed to cover the whole family under a single plan. The benefits of this plan are applicable for each family as a whole and not each member.
- Emergency medical treatment benefit of USD 60,000 inclusive of emergency medical evacuation services. Emergency dental care services are also covered up to a sum of USD 300.
- The Oman travel insurance Family plan offers accidental death and disability benefit of USD 25,000 and a repatriation of mortal remains cover of USD 10,000.
- Flight-related benefits include flight delay benefit of USD 50 per hour, trip cancellation or curtailment benefit of USD 1000, baggage delay benefit of USD 50 per hour, missed departure or connection flight benefit of USD 500 and hijack/detention benefit of USD 100 per day.
- The additional trip benefit of the Oman travel insurance family plan includes loss or damage of luggage during the trip benefit of USD 500, loss or theft of money benefit of USD 250 and loss of travel documents benefit of USD 250.
- In case of a pressing matter when on the trip, the Oman travel insurance Family plan will also offer a legal fee benefit of USD 1000 and a bail bond benefit of USD 5000.
- It also comes with a home protection cover of USD 5000.
The Oman travel insurance Annual Family plan offers benefits that are similar to that of the single-trip Family plan. The assured sum for all benefits is also the same. The only difference between these two plans is that one is for a single trip while the other is an annual plan applicable for all trips taken during the term of the plan.
Add-on Cover Options
All Travel Easy Oman travel insurance plans can be combined with an additional rider benefit of passive war and terrorism.
Visitor Health Travel Insurance
- A plan specifically designed for people who are planning to visit the UAE soon.
- The Visitor Health insurance plan from Oman insurance can be taken by anyone with a valid UAE visitor visa.
- Can be opted till 80 years of age.
- Ideally compliant with all directives set by the UAE government.
- The Visitor Health travel insurance plan includes emergency medical expenses benefit of AED 150,000 and an accidental death benefit of AED 5,000.
- Repatriation of mortal remains in case of demise for up to AED 7,500.
Oman Travel Insurance UAE General Exclusions
- Any claim arising from a pre-existing disease
- Being under the influence of drugs, alcohol or any kind of intoxicating substance
- Suicide attempts or self-inflicted injuries
- Being a part of an actual or attempted felony
- Loss arising out of war-like situations including civil wars, terrorism, rebellion, foreign enemies, mutiny, etc. (add-on cover available)
- Radioactive blasts or activities including nuclear explosions and toxic substances
- Participation in adventure sports, professional sports or military activities
How to Buy Oman Travel Insurance Plans?
There are several ways you can buy an Oman insurance plan. Given the digital advancement of the insurance sector, you can easily buy Oman travel insurance online as well as offline. Explained below are four easy ways to get your Oman travel insurance:
- By Phone: Give a call on the Oman Insurance toll-free number to register yourself for Oman travel insurance in the UAE. You can also call one of the branches and connect to an agent there. The agent will take your enrolment process further.
- Online: Use the online registration platform of PolicyBazaar UAE to buy your travel insurance plan. You can start by entering your basic details to get a few quotes. Compare quotes, choose a plan and proceed to buy it in a few simple steps.
- By Email: Use the official Oman Insurance customer support email id and drop a mail to register for a travel insurance plan.
- In-Person: Visit one of the Oman Insurance branches located in the UAE and book your travel insurance in person. You will be assigned to an agent available at the branch who will assist you in the whole process. Compare properly before buying.
Oman Travel Insurance UAE Claim Process
Oman travel insurance claims can be initiated by simply calling the UAE toll-free number or dropping an email on the official email id. You will get a claim reference number which you can use to file the claim when you are back home after your trip. If the claim is an emergency medical claim, simply inform Oman Insurance and they will take it from there. Outpatient and clinic treatments are reimbursed and not paid directly like inpatient benefits. In case of reimbursement claims, download the claim form from the Oman Insurance website, fill it and attach it with supporting documents, and submit the form. Oman insurance will process your claim without any waiting period and send the settlement amount to your bank account listed on the form.
Oman Travel Insurance FAQs
Q1. Do I need UAE or GCC resident visa to buy Oman travel insurance?
Ans. Yes, you are required to be either a UAE or GCC resident visa holder to buy any of the Oman travel insurance plans. Only the Visitor travel insurance plan can be bought by UAE visitor visa holders.
Q2. Can I add and travel to more than one destination with the same Oman travel insurance plan?
Ans. Yes, you can travel to as many destinations as you like while being covered by your Oman travel insurance plan. However, there are a couple of conditions that you need to be aware of. One is that all these destinations are from the included list of countries of your plan and another is that the trip days in your plan are still active. The premium rates will apply to the plan price if you add destinations.
Q3. Can I make changes to my travel plans without hampering the travel insurance coverage that I have already bought?
Ans. Yes, you have the liberty to change your travel dates. The new travel dates must not be beyond 60 days from your old travel dates or the policy issue date.
Q4. What is the eligible age limit to buy Oman travel insurance covers?
Ans. Any UAE or GCC resident between 16 to 65 years of age can obtain an Oman travel insurance plan. Travelers younger than 16 years old are also covered as long as they are accompanied by guardians.
Q5. Are all travel insurance plans suitable to get travel visas from countries that have mandated travel and medical insurance?
Ans. Yes, all Oman travel insurance plans are completely compliant with global medical and travel insurance standards.
Q6. What is the maximum stay period that my Oman travel insurance UAE would cover?
Ans. The maximum stay period at a single destination covered by one policy is 60 days. However, you can extend your plan for up to a year.
Q7. Is Covid-19 benefit covered by Oman travel insurance plans?
Ans. Yes, Oman travel insurance plans offer the standard Covid-19 cover benefits to all insured customers. The Covid-19 related medical services are covered under the emergency medical expenses benefit of each travel insurance plan.