The Orient Insurance Company was established in the year 1982 as a part of AI-Futtaim Group. The company has recorded the highest net profit among the other local insurance companies across the UAE consecutively for 2 years, 2010 & 2011. In this manner, the Orient Insurance Company is regarded as one of the leaders in the insurance market of the UAE.
Orient health insurance UAE has the largest insurance qualified team in the whole region and it offers a number of health insurance plans to cover individuals against several critical illnesses. Orient health insurance plans offer worldwide coverage with flexible options of premium payment.
Top Orient Health Insurance Plans for 2021
||Medical Cover (AED)
|Silk Road - Family Care Plan A
|Green - Family Care Plan A
|Silver Classic - Family Care Plan A
|Silver Premium - Family Care Plan A
Features & Benefits of Orient Health Insurance
Below specified are some of the common features & benefits of the plans offered by Orient health Insurance Dubai, UAE:
- Critical Illness Coverage: The plans cover up to 37 critical illnesses.
- Sum Assured: A lump sum amount is paid outpost 28 days of diagnosis of any critical illness covered under the plans offered by Orient Insurance Company.
- Scope of Coverage: Insured gets worldwide coverage.
- Plan Currency: Orient Health Insurance Dubai, UAE offers an easy premium payment option to the insured. One can make payment in AED, USD, or OMR.
- Free Look Period: The insured get free look period of up to 30 days from the date of policy issuance.
- Waiting Period: The policy has a waiting period of 90 days from the date of policy issuance.
The plans offered by the Orient Insurance Company under this category are as follows:
Orient Care Plus
‘Orient Care Plus’ plan offered by Orient Insurance Company provides liquidity in order to meet the financial requirements during a medical crisis. It covers 37 critical illnesses by immediately paying out the amount upon diagnosis of the covered critical illness. The Orient Insurance Company offers Orient Care Plus Plan for 5 & 10 years only.
- Minimum Sum Assured: 1,00,000 AED
- Maximum Sum Assured: 1,000,000 AED
Listed of Covered Critical Illnesses under Orient Care Plus Plan
- Heart Attack
- Kidney failure
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Major Organ Transplant
- Benign brain tumor
- Loss of one limb & loss of one eye
- HIV through blood transfusion
- Occupationally acquired HIV
- Progressive supranuclear palsy
- Aorta graft surgery
- Heart valve surgery
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Motor neuron disease]
- Aplastic anemia
- Major head trauma
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Primary pulmonary hypertension
- Loss of Limbs
- Loss of hearing
- Severe burns
- Loss of speech
- End-stage lung disease
- Terminal liver insufficiency
- Progressive scleroderma
- Creutzfeld Jacob disease
- Severe myocarditis
- Apallic syndrome
Orient Insurance Company offer WomanCare plan in order to provide health insurance coverage to a woman. It is basically a Female Cancer Plan whose motive is to cover women against 7 types of critical illnesses that are women specific. This plan can be availed easily as minimal documentation is required.
- Minimum Sum Assured: 50,000 AED
- Maximum Sum Assured: 250,000 AED
Listed of Covered Critical Illnesses under WomanCare
- Breast cancer
- Cervix Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Cancer in fallopian tubes
- Lung Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Genito- Urinary Cancer (kidneys & Bladder)
Individual & Family Medical Insurance
Medical coverage is vital for every person because everyone deserves better and optimum healthcare in times of need. Keeping this thing in mind, orient health insurance Dubai, UAE provides individual & family medical insurance that meet everyone’s financial & medical expectations.
- DHA EBP (Essential Benefits Plans)
- EMed (Individual Medical Policy for Employees): It is an individual medical insurance plan that offers coverage to employees or domestic workers who are earning gross monthly income up to 4000 AED. This product complies with the compulsory medical insurance requirements applicable to Dubai Visa Holders.
- DMed (Individual Medical Policy for Dependents): It is an individual medical insurance plan that offers coverage to non-working parents/dependents. This product complies with the compulsory medical insurance requirements applicable to Dubai Visa Holders.
- IMed (Investor’s Individual Medical Policy): It is an individual medical insurance plan that offers coverage to the investor. This product complies with the compulsory medical insurance requirements applicable to Dubai Visa Holders.
- Northern Emirates Individual Policies (for Northern Emirates Visa Holders)
- NEMed: It’s a standard individual medical insurance plan that offers coverage to Northern Emirates Visa holders (Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras AI-Khaimah, & Umm al-Quwain). This health insurance plan offered by Orient Medical Insurance Dubai covers the medical needs of an individual Northern Emirates Area as well as Dubai. Employees with a monthly income of up to 15,000 AED, spouse (male & female), & children can avail this orient medical insurance coverage.
- NEMed Enhanced: It’s a comprehensive plan for individuals who are Northern Emirates Visa Holders (Sharjah, Ajman, Fujairah, Ras AI-Khaimah, & Umm al-Quwain). The enhanced medical limit & sublimates will ensure that more of the policyholder’s medical needs are fulfilled. Employees with a monthly income of up to 15,000 AED, spouse (male & female), & children can avail this orient medical insurance coverage.
- Conventional Plans
- Family Care Plan: It is a family health plan offered by Orient Medical Insurance Dubai, UAE which provides coverage to more than one member of a family for a fixed sum assured in return for a single annual health insurance premium. Such health insurance plan offers assured coverage to 2 or more family members at the same time if in case an ailment is diagnosed or they get hospitalized.
Orient Health Insurance Inclusions
- In-patient cover
- Out-patient cover
- Regional Cover
- Worldwide Cover
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Repatriation Cost Cover
- Maternity benefits
- Preventive services, vaccines & immunizations
Orient Health Insurance Exclusions
- Healthcare services which are not necessary medically.
- All medical expenses which are related to orthodontic treatments, dental treatment, & dental prostheses.
- Private nursing care and home nursing.
- Custodial care which includes:
- Non-medical treatment services.
- Health-related services which do not result in an improvement in a medical condition of the patient.
- Surgical & non-surgical treatment for obesity as well as any other weight control programs, supplies, & services.
- Healthcare services which are not performed by ‘Authorized Healthcare Service Providers’.
- Healthcare services for smoking cessation programs as well as the treatment of a patient who is addicted to nicotine.
Orient Health Insurance FAQ's
Q.1. What does Orient Health Insurance UAE cover?
Ans: Orient Health Insurance UAE covers in-patient as well as out-patient medical encounters, surgical procedures, tests, healthcare treatments, maternity services, medication to an annual aggregate limit of 150,000 AED.
Q.2. Are dental services covered?
Ans: All medical expenses related to orthodontic treatments, dental treatment, & dental prostheses are excluded from the plans offered by Orient Health Insurance Dubai, UAE.
Q.3. Is treatment for pre-existing & chronic conditions covered under this Orient Medical Insurance Dubai?
Ans: Treatment for pre-existing & chronic conditions excluded from this health insurance plan for the first 6 months but after that, they are included.
Q.4. Are maternity services covered?
Ans: Yes, you can opt for both in-patient & out-patient maternity services with Orient Health Insurance Dubai, UAE. For in-patient, normal birth delivery of a maximum of 7000 AED, up to 10,000 AED for medically necessary C-section, complications & for medically necessary termination of pregnancy is included under this health insurance plan. For out-patient, all care offered by PHC obstetrician for low risk or specialist obstetrician for high-risk referrals initial investigations are covered under this medical insurance plan.
Q.5. What exactly is ‘Coinsurance’? And how is it different from ‘deductible’?
Ans: Coinsurance is basically the amount that insured has to pay for every treatment, medication, prescription, consultation, service & test availed by him/her. Whereas, deductible, on the other hand, is the fixed amount that the insured person has to pay before the health insurance plan begins to pay for your healthcare. Once you pay the deductible, the health insurance company starts to pay for services & facilities you avail.