Health Insurance Claim
There are two types of insurance claims of health in the UAE – Cashless Claims and Reimbursement Claims. The former allows you to receive medical treatment or facility without paying out of pocket, as the concerned insurance provider will pay directly for the healthcare or medical facility. On the other hand, the latter type of claim requires you to pay for the medical treatment or services upfront and submit a claim to the insurance provider for reimbursement later.
How to File a Health Insurance Claim?
Let’s discuss in detail how you can file a health insurance Dubai claim -
Cashless Claim or Claim Made Within The Hospital Network
- If your insurance provider has a network of hospitals, choose a hospital from the network where you can go for your treatment.
- Inform the insurance company that you need to make a cashless medical claim so that they verify the claim and other details.
- Once you reach the hospital, show your medical card and fill out the specified forms such as the pre-authorisation form, third-party authorisation form, and more.
- The concerned medical facility will forward the forms to your insurer for cashless claim approval.
- Meanwhile, provide the required documents to the hospital like your identity proof and KYC documents at the third-party admission counter in the hospital. Keep in mind You may require submitting additional documents if required.
- The insurance provider will review the forms and determine whether the treatment requested is covered by your UAE medical insurance policy.
- If the request is approved, the insurance provider will issue an authorisation letter to the hospital. You can then receive the treatment at the hospital without paying upfront.
- If any expenses are not covered by your policy, such as deductibles or copayments, you will need to settle these directly with the hospital.
Reimbursement Claim or Claim Made Outside the Hospital Network
- First, you receive medical treatment from a healthcare provider or hospital of your choice. Keep in mind that you will have to pay for the treatment out of your own pocket.
- Generally, you would be required to file a reimbursement medical insurance claim within 30-120 days of discharge from the hospital. You must contact your insurance provider and get the exact same details.
- The next step is to collect the required documents like medical reports, medical bills, and receipts of the treatment received. The insurance provider may have specific requirements for the required documents.
- Once you have collected all the required documents, go to the official website of the concerned insurer and navigate to the claim form section. Fill out the claim form and upload the documents.
- The insurance provider will start its investigation and review process of your medical claim submission.
- Once the claim is approved, the insurance provider will reimburse you for the covered amount.
Documents Required for Health Insurance Claim Reimbursement
Keep the following documents ready while filing a health policy claim reimbursement –
- Duly filled and signed medical claim form
- Hard copy of your medical insurance policy and other details of insured
- Consultation papers provided by the medical facility
- All diagnostic tests’ reports like CT scans, blood reports, X-Ray, and more
- Invoices of the medical bills along with the prescription report
- Discharge papers
- Banking details of the policyholder
- All other required documents asked by the insurance company
How to Buy Best Health Insurance Plans Online from Policybazaar UAE?
With the rising cost of healthcare, having a comprehensive health insurance plan is crucial to safeguard yourself and your family against unforeseen medical expenses. Policybazaar UAE offers you the most convenient way to buy health insurance online dubai with a user-friendly interface.
You can use our platform to compare policies, premiums, and features before making an informed decision. With a wide range of options to choose from and expert guidance available at every step of the way, Policybazaar UAE makes buying health insurance a seamless and transparent process.
Follow the steps given below to buy health insurance UAE plans via Policybazaar UAE –
- Visit the official website of Policybazaar UAE.
- Navigate to the ‘Health Insurance’ section.
- You will be required to enter a few details in the lead form that pops out on the screen
- Type of insurance of health
- Your full name, email address, nationality, and mobile number
- Information related to your last health policy (if applicable)
- Your residing city as per your visa
- Other details like salary, gender, marital status, date of birth
- Click on the View Quotes
- This will take you to the health insurance quotes page, where you can explore all available plans.
- You can compare and shortlist the plans as per your healthcare needs and budget.
- Once you have chosen the plan, you can apply for it by clicking on the 'Apply' button adjacent to it.
- You would be again required to key in the specific details related to your health.
- Upload the specified documents like your passport, visa, and Emirates ID.
- You will be redirected to the new page where you can find the key features of the chosen plan, premium breakups, and more. In addition, you can also download the quotation of the plan.
- Our concerned customer representative will contact you and help you buy the right & cheap health insurance dubai policy.
Check Out The Health Insurance Plans in UAE