Importance of On-Time Motor Insurance Claims
Motor Insurance is a contract which covers the risk of loss that the owner of a car may incur by causing damage to persons or property due to an accident. There are many types of motor insurance in Dubai in terms of kinds of risks they cover. You can buy car insurance online through the respective websites of the insurance companies. It is mandatory to have motor insurance if you own a vehicle. This insurance covers the financial liability that might occur if you damage someone else’s property or injure some individual under third party liability. In case you have a comprehensive policy, then you also get a cover for the repairs needed if your vehicle gets damaged. A motor insurance policy is advantageous in such situations. This is the reason why making a motor insurance claim on time is important.
But before discussing that, let’s take a look at the basic claim process under motor insurance-
Steps to be Taken When Your Vehicle Meets with an Accident:
- As soon as an accident takes place, a motor insurance claim has to be made. Following is the procedure for making the claim.
- First and foremost, your insurance company should be informed about the accident as soon as it took place. You can contact the insurance company through the claim helpline number. Once the company has been intimated, it gives you a claim reference number. This claim reference number would be needed while coordinating the claim settlement.
- You would then be asked to take the vehicle to the preferred nearest garage as you might be able to gain cashless claim settlement if the repairs are done in a preferred garage.
- The company sends a surveyor to that garage to check the amount of damage on the vehicle before the repair is done.
- After the assessment, an estimate report is made and submitted by the surveyor.
- You also need to submit the claim form with the relevant documents to the motor insurance company.
- The insurance company gives its approval only after the completion of the survey and submission of the report.
- In the occurrence of a third party liability, if any, you will have to file an FIR. Once all of this is done, the accident tribunal would decide the claim.
- The repairs on your damaged vehicle can be commenced only after the approval of the insurance company.
In this basic procedure of claim settlement, the first step is to inform the insurance company about the claim on motor insurance in Dubai. That is when the claim is raised on time. Let us discuss the reasons which make on-time motor insurance claim important in detail-
Motor Insurance Claim- Speedy Settlement of the Claim
The company initiates the claim settlement process only once the claim has been intimated to the insurance company. The more time you take in raising the claim, there will be more delay in the claim settlement.
Motor Insurance Claim- Arranging for a Timely Survey
Before the settlement of the claim by the insurance company, a survey of your vehicle is conducted. If the claim has been made on time, a surveyor is sent by the company to check the volume of damages as early as possible. No repairs can be done on the vehicle until and unless the survey is not completed and approved. In case the vehicle is repaired before the survey is complete, you might face some issues regarding the claim settlement. Even worse, the insurance company might end up rejecting your claim. Hence, you can make sure that the survey is completed as early as possible and your vehicle is repaired and then delivered to you without any delay by intimating the insurance company about the motor insurance claim on time.
Motor Insurance Claim- To Avoid Any Possible Loss
If the insurance company has been informed about the accident immediately after it took place, the company helps you locate the nearest garage. If in case the vehicle is severely damaged, the company even arranges to tow the vehicle from the accident spot to the nearest garage. However, there might be consequential losses if you take the damaged vehicle to the garage yourself without letting the insurance company know on time. Your motor insurance in Dubai does not cover any such losses, these will be borne by you, that is, the policyholder. Hence, you might be able to prevent consequential losses and make your out-of-pocket expenses minimum by intimating the insurance company about the motor insurance claim on time.
Over to you
If in case you ever end up meeting with an accident and wish to take your motor insurance policy claim, do not wait, do not make any delay. Immediately call on the helpline number of the company, intimate them about the claim. The insurance company would then help you regarding the claim process and would instantly settle the claim. By informing the insurance company on time you save yourself from making several calls in order to follow-up the settlement of the claim if you would have not made your motor insurance claim on time.