An accident can be one of the worst things to happen to anybody. It is an unexpected eventuality, and even if you are driving with complete safety, you cannot trust the other drivers on the road. Unfortunately, if you do get in an accident and do not have a comprehensive car insurance policy, then you will end up losing a lot of money. Although injuries cannot be taken care of physically, you can at least take care of the financial aspect by making a claim, if you have car insurance. Making a car insurance claim may seem challenging, but if you know the procedure, it is effortless. Here is the process you need to follow:
Start by Reporting the Accident:
We understand that making a claim is far from your mail as soon as you are caught in an accident. However, the necessary prerequisite is filing a police report. If there is a medical emergency, you can get done by dealing with the medical formalities.
Contact your Insurance Provider:
After you are done with the formalities of the police station, go ahead with informing your insurance provider to start the process of your car insurance claim. In fact, you can make a claim immediately as soon as the police report is filed. The insurance provider may require you to furnish all the exact details of the accident to go ahead with the car insurance claim. As an additional tip, if you want to get a smooth claim without any hassles, it is advised to make a claim as early as possible. The faster the request can be made, the faster your car can be repaired.
Make the Scene Look Authentic:
To make a claim, taking pictures of the accident site is also important. This will help as support for your claim. You can take photos of the accident site from different angles, especially the parts that have suffered the most damage. In case you want to make a claim for personal accident, then taking pictures of bodily injuries near the accident site also prove to be of help.
Scrutinize your Insurance Policy:
While getting online insurance or getting car accident insurance through an agent, we often tend to ignore the terms and conditions of the policy. However, if you are not caught up in a medical emergency, you can quickly check the conditions of policy through the online insurance portal. This will give you a heads up about the exclusions and inclusions, and you will know what to include in your claim and what not.
Cases in Which your Insurer Can Reject your Claim in UAE
To avoid fraud cases, insurance companies have serious litigation backing them. We advise you to read the online insurance terms and conditions of your provider so that you are not caught in another hassle after an accident. The insurance provider can reject your car accident claim in the case of these six situations:
- No insurance company allows you to make a claim if the driver is found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The insurance company can reject your claim if the driver is not in possession of a driving license.
- Any damage, defect or breakage that results into the inefficiency of mechanical or electrical devices is also not the responsibility of the insurance company.
- If damage has occurred due to heavy loading the transport vehicle or because of having passengers which are more than the authorized limits and this is cited as the main reason of accident, then the insurance company is not responsible.
- Your policy has specified exclusions depending upon the plan you have taken. If an accident has occurred due to any cause which is not included in the list of inclusions, then it’s not the insurance company’s responsibility.
- In most cases, the company is not responsible for any compensation if the main cause of the accident is a violation of traffic laws. The Dubai authorities are very strict and you would end up in a lot of trouble due to such acts.
- If any information was concealed during the signing of the contract or if the policy was built on a false premise, then the insurer has every right to reject your claim.
- In case the vehicle is used for the purpose other than the specified use and it has not been disclosed resulting in the accident, then you will not get any amount for the claim.
In a Nutshell
When you want to claim insurance for a car accident in Dubai, the first thing to do as soon as the crash occurs is filing a police report. After you submit a police report, you should inform the insurance provider. Also, remember the terms and conditions of your policy so that you do not waste time claiming something which is not included in the policy. All of these pointers will help you make a claim effortlessly.