The Orient Insurance Company was founded in 1982 as part of the Al-Futtaim Group. With its headquarters in Dubai, the company services its customers through a large network of branches in Bur Dubai, Dubai Health Care City, Jebel Ali, Ras Al Khaimah, Deira, Sheikh Zayed Road, Abu Dhabi, Mussafah, Al Ain, Sharjah, and Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.
For the past 37 years, the Orient Insurance Company has been providing motor insurance packages in the UAE. The Company has demonstrated their flexibility and inclusivity of packages by tailoring themselves to the needs of every customer. The same flexibility and ease of completion reflect in the Orient car insurance claim process. Let’s discuss the complete claim process of Orient car insurance.
How to Fill OIC Car Insurance Reimbursement Form?
- Download the Oriental Insurance Car Insurance form from a credible source such as the Oriental Insurance website itself. There is a page dedicated to all reimbursement claim forms.
- You can fill out the entire form online or take out a print and fill it in by hand if you want to submit your claim offline.
- The claim form is divided into the following sections – insured details, vehicle details, plan details, driver additional details, insured and vehicle additional details and a section to attach required documents. Ensure that you upload only clear images of our documents.
- Fill in your name, policy number, and any personal information like as phone number and email address. Continue by filling out the specifics of the occurrence that caused the automobile damage.
- Next, enter the kind of harm, the location of the occurrence, and how the incident occurred. Make sure your explanation is complete and clear.
- Next, you must choose a type of insurance that will help Orient Insurance Company determine the nature of the claim (car insurance). If a third party was responsible for the accident/incident, provide the third party's name and contact information in the following column.
- Next, make a list of all the damaged components and accessories for which you wish to be compensated. Don't leave anything out. You'll also need to enter information like the purchase date and location, the purchase price, the repair price, the amount claimed for reimbursement, the depreciation value of the item (car or accessories), and the amount owed.
- Finish the OIC Auto/Car Insurance reimbursement claim form by signing and attesting it with the date.
How to Claim OIC Car Insurance in the Event of An Accident?
If an accident/mishap occurs that gives rise to a claim under the policy, the following actions need to be taken:
- In the event of an accident, the first step should be to notify the authorities and acquire a police report (as applicable in each Emirate).
- In case the vehicle is not in the condition to be driven, you can call their 24-hour roadside assistance toll-free number for free towing.
- Notify your claim by phone or email, along with the necessary papers.
Documents Required for OIC Car Insurance Claim Submission
For them to begin processing your claim, you must submit the following documents.
- A duplicate copy of the police report
- Your car registration ID
- Your driver's licence
- A duplicate copy of your Emirates ID card
You will also be asked to attach a clear image of your Mulkiya ID, both front and backside as per the sample image shown on their claim form online.
How to Submit OIC Car Insurance Claim Form
Customers who are interested in filing a claim should do so as soon as feasible – ideally within 90 days of treatment to expedite the claims reimbursement processing. Make a copy of the form, the summary table, and the original invoices and reports for your records.
To submit your claim online, please click here. You can also submit claims using their mobile app.
Make a claim deposit with your broker or at one of their branches or send the claim documents via courier services.
The Waiting Period for OIC Car Insurance Claim
If you are involved in an accident, please follow the steps mentioned above, and their staff will gladly assist you in filing a claim and guiding you through the claims process. Although it isn’t specified how long it might take for each individual claim, it is a fact that claims with more complicated settlements and conflicting statements will take longer to process.
Things to Keep in Mind for Before Starting for OIC Reimbursement Process
- Make certain that you do not make any errors on the claim form. The simplest clerical error may result in the claim being rejected. If this occurs, you will need to resubmit everything from the beginning.
- When submitting a reimbursement claim, make a copy of all original documents submitted to Orient Insurance Company. Original documents, such as receipts and bills, are not returned, and you may require them later for insurance or other purposes.
- Verify to see if the receipts and bills to be presented are in English or Arabic. If they are in another language, get them translated by an approved UAE translator.
- They will give you a claim acknowledgement email with the repairer's contact information once you have provided all of the necessary evidence.
- Repairs are performed in the dealer or agency workshop of Orient car insurance.
Car insurance claims at Orient are rather simple to file. The online claim process is well-organized, with drop-down menus and helpful suggestions for filling out the form. Simply ensure that you have all of the necessary paperwork, receipts, and invoices to support your reimbursement claims to avoid claim rejections.