It is legally required that the car owners in the United Arab Emirates get their car insured before the registration of the car. Therefore, your car will not be registered until you get your car insured by a good insurance company. There are many insurance providers, brokers, and banks offering car insurance products in the UAE. Oman Insurance Company, Al Khazna Insurance Company, Noor Takaful Family, RSA insurance Company, The Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company, and AL Wathba National Insurance Co are a few of them.
As you can see there are many car insurance providers across UAE, so it may get difficult for you to select the best car insurance in UAE. However, to make your work easy, we are here giving you some of the tips to select the most suitable insurance plan for your vehicle:
Check out some of the tips that will help you to buy the best Car Insurance in UAE:
- Select the Type of Car Insurance - There are two main types of car insurance plans available in UAE - comprehensive car insurance and third party liability car insurance. A third-party car insurance policy provides coverage against loss or damage to third-party during an accident by your car. However, it does not cover any damage occurred to your own vehicle. On the other hand, a comprehensive plan provides coverage for third-party liability as well as damage to your own vehicle. Since the comprehensive plan provides wide coverage, its premium is higher than third-party insurance. So, it is up to you which type of plan you want to choose.
- Prefer Buying a Car Insurance Policy via Online Medium - When you check the premium amount on the online medium, you may notice that the same insurance policy is cheaper there than the offline medium. This is because there is no intermediate link while you are purchasing a plan online. This is the reason you should prefer buying a car insurance policy via online medium. Moreover, the online process is easy, convenient, and quick. It saves your money, efforts, and time.
- Don’t Miss to Compare - It is one of the common mistakes that many people make. If you want to buy the best car insurance in UAE, you should compare all the insurance plans from different insurance companies so that you can buy a plan as per your budget and requirement. Most of the time, banks, and car dealers provide expensive policies. So you must do a proper comparison online before buying any car insurance policy. You should not only compare the plans but also the insurance companies available in the market.
- Make Sure that your Plan Includes Emergency Services - All the car insurance plans do not include emergency services. It is a great advantage if your car insurance plan also provides you with emergency services. You should check before signing a policy whether it includes emergency services or not. An emergency can be a flat tire or run out of fuel while traveling.
- Check Whether Off-Road Travel is the Part of your Car Insurance Plan - Off-road travel activities are quite common in the city of Dubai such as wadi bashing and dune bashing. So if you are a thrill seeker then do not miss out this coverage in your plan. Make sure that your car insurance policy provides for off-road travel activities.
- Make Sure that your Insurance cover Provides for Agency Repair - A lot of insurance companies provide coverage for garage repair only. It is necessary to make sure that your plan provides cover for agency repair also. Agency repair means that your car gets repaired from the workshop of the manufacturer. In most of the cases, under comprehensive coverage, the policyholder is provided with coverage for agency repair for the tenure of five years from the manufacturing date. This can differ from company to company. You will have to pay slightly more premium to get this advantage.
With these tips, do not miss to consider the claim settlement ratio of various insurance companies. The claim settlement ratio gives you a clear idea of whether it is worth to buy a car insurance policy from a particular insurance company or not. If a company has a good claim settlement ratio then you can prefer the company for buying a car insurance policy. Also, compare the quotes from different insurance companies so that you can get the best car insurance in UAE.