‘Keeping you on the move & protecting you from the unexpected!’
With this tagline, WATANIA was founded in the year 2011. It is a joint initiative of Aldar Properties, Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, Abu Dhabi National Islamic Finance, and Abu Dhabi National Insurance Company. However, the shareholding structure changed in August 2014
Watania Car Insurance is crafted to keep you moving and to safeguard you against the unexpected events. Car damage may cause you inconvenience and, to provide peace of mind to its customers, WATANIA has its Claims process very efficient, simple, trustworthy and user friendly.
Types of Watania Car Insurance Policies
Watania offers two kinds of car insurance policies to suit your insurance requirements and budget. They are described below:
Watania Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Watania Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy, as the name suggests, offers a complete coverage against any unintentional/accidental damage to your car, its spare parts and accessories. Any liability towards a third party, whether property damage or bodily injury/death, caused due to your driver’s or your negligence is also covered under this policy.
Watania comprehensive car insurance policy offer coverage for driver and passenger and it includes:
- Battery Boosting: Watania motor insurance offers battery boosting anywhere anytime on a complimentary basis. But please note that no new battery and/or battery replacement will be offered under this cover.
- Mechanical and Accident Towing Service: In an unforeseen event of mechanical failure or an accident, policyholder’s vehicle will be towed to the nearby garage or the dealer’s garage across the UAE borders under the Watania Motor Insurance.
- Excess Waiver on Windscreen Damage: You will be liable to pay excess if damages except the damage to windscreen occurs. But if it is windscreen then the excess is not payable by you. Generally, the limit is already pre-decided in both cases.
- Roadside Assistance: This cover of emergency roadside assistance service offers the basic services round the clock, 365 days across the UAE. Please note that roadside assistance & pro-gram for all members is valid for 13 months from the date of activation of the membership card.
- Off-road Coverage: This feature under Watania Car Insurance covers for damage or loss of the insured vehicle while being driven off-road, considering that the vehicle is private use SUV vehicles with the capability of four-wheel drive and it should not participating in any competitive event like race. In addition to this, it excludes dune bashing from this cover.
- Emergency Medical Expenditures: Emergency medical expenditures are extended under personal accident benefit cover for the driver as well as passengers under the motor insurance policy.
- Natural Calamity: This benefit covers any damage to the insured vehicle caused by riots, strikes or civil commotion, flood storm, typhoon, hurricane, cyclone, earthquake, etc.
Watania Third Party Car Insurance Policy
Third Party Liability Motor Insurance safeguards its policyholder against the liability towards the third party’s property,death/bodily injury.
Why Should You Choose Watania Car Insurance?
Watania is one of the leading car insurance providers in the UAE that aims to put its customers first and believe in offering the best-quality car insurance products and services. Though there are several reasons to choose Watania Car Insurance over others, below-mentioned are the major ones:
- Discounted International Driving License: Upon opting for a Watania car insurance policy, you will be eligible for a discount on International driving license.
- Additional Benefits from IMC: Under this benefit, policyholders can get amazing discounted offers for several automobile-related products & services in their motor insurance policy.
- Car Registration Service: Watania motor insurance plan covers the service for its policyholders, providing one free service per year which is applicable for only one vehicle per member under IMC benefits.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance Policies: Having a car insurance in the UAE is mandatory as per the law and is often the first line of defense between your involvement in accident that might have led to the third-party and/or self injuries, damage, or death. In this regard, Watania Car Insurance offers comprehensive car insurance policy as well as third-party liability car insurance policy. Both the motor insurance plans offered by the Watania includes exclusive features and benefits with an hassle-free claim process as expected from the best car insurance plan.
- Customer Support: Watania offers round the clock customer support to ensures that all the concerns and queries of its potential customers are sorted out when they arise.
Watania: Claim Philosophy
It is the claim which proves the worth of your Insurance. It is at the time of claim when the Insurance provider is expected to fulfil its responsibility towards it’s customers. At Watania, claims are not considered to be a liability but as an opportunity to assist the customers at the time of their need.
Watania: The Claims Process
While reporting a claim, you’re required to submit a few important documents which are as follows:
- Original copy of the Police Report
- A copy of your registration card
- A copy of the Policy or policy number
- ID proof (Passport copy/Emirates ID) as a proof of age of the driver
- A copy of your driving license
You can claim your motor takaful by sending an e-mail to claims@watania[dot]ae.
Watania Car Insurance FAQs
Q1. What is Comprehensive Car Insurance in Dubai?
Ans: A Comprehensive Car Takaful is the plan that covers your car completely.The insured is covered against all losses and damages, including third-party liability.
Q2. What is Third Party Liability (TPL) Insurance?
Ans: Third-party Liability Insurance is the bear minium level of cover which is mandatory according to UAE Laws. Third Party libialty is designed to cover third party for their property,death/permanent disablity or bodily injury.
Q3. Important Factors for Evaluating Insurance Premium
Ans: Your car insurance premium is computed from your car’s value. A small percent (2-6%) of the value will be computed as the premium. If your car has had accidents, it would be accounted for in the premium. If your vehicle has had no accident, a no-claims discount will be offered while renewing the policy.