Travel insurance is a form of basic insurance that pays for the monetary costs of various damages you may encounter while on the road. This includes, but is not limited to, emergency medical expenditures, personal property loss, personal responsibility, airline delays, lodging difficulties and financial help in an emergency.
Travel insurance in the UAE is similar to travel insurance in other parts of the world. It's all about ensuring your safety and valuables before embarking on a journey to another city, nation, or continent. Most travel insurance companies in the UAE provide a variety of travel insurance packages for trips to certain countries or locations. Flight delays and cancellations, luggage loss, medical crises, and other unforeseen events are all covered.
Top 10 travel insurance companies in the UAE:
There are many parameters to consider when selecting a travel insurance company. Your selection should be based on the total cost, coverage, and customer ratings. Here are the 10 top travel insurance companies in the UAE:
1. Allianz Travel Insurance
Allianz Travel Insurance Company is a division of Allianz Care, one of the world's largest providers of financial goods and services. This company used to be known as Allianz Global Service until changing its name to Allianz Travel Insurance and focusing solely on travel insurance policies. The firm is based in Paris, although it has offices in the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, South Africa, the United States, Europe, India, Japan, Thailand, and Australia. It has a combined 30 years of expertise in providing world-class travel insurance to both people and corporations.
Allianz Travel Insurance Features
- Plans with all-inclusive coverage: Allianz travel insurance plans are designed to provide both basic and special travel insurance coverage, ensuring that you are well protected when traveling. These plans include a variety of advantages, including emergency medical expenditures, personal liability coverage, and travel inconvenience benefits, to name a few.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Different coverage limitations are available. Every customer may select a plan that best matches their needs and budget with Allianz travel insurance. Global travel insurance policies, for example, provide a variety of coverage options from which you can select one.
- Applicable everywhere around the world: Most countries accept Allianz travel insurance, allowing you to go nearly anywhere across the globe with not just safety but also peace of mind. There are a few typical exclusions that apply to all travel insurance policies.
- Convenient and Easy Claim Process: The claim process for Allianz Travel Insurance Company in Dubai is simple and quick. Allianz insurance's claim settlement authority responds to claim requests promptly. It also takes only a few days to settle. The claim procedure for each benefit is likewise well-defined, allowing you to quickly submit reimbursement requests for a single benefit.
- Customizable to Specific Requirements: Allianz Insurance offers both single trip and annual multi-trip travel insurance coverage. You may also choose the length of the trip covered by the plan based on your travel plans.
2. Adamjee Travel Insurance
Adamjee Insurance, Pakistan's largest public insurance business, was founded as a public limited corporation in 1960. Adamjee offers outstanding insurance products ranging from fire and property to marine and travel, securing a strong position in the UAE insurance industry. Adamjee Insurance's headquarters is in Lahore, Pakistan, and the company also has branches in Karachi and other places. It also has several locations in the United Arab Emirates. From their general insurance categories, Adamjee offers a wide selection of Sharia-compliant products. Adamjee travel insurance is one of the most popular insurance products available.
Adamjee Travel Insurance Features
- Comprehensive Advantages: There's nothing your Adamjee travel insurance plan won't cover. From emergency medical bills to personal accident cover and travel inconvenience benefits, everything is included in the plan.
- Various Coverage Options: Each of Adamjee Insurance's travel insurance plans has its own set of package limits. You have the option of selecting the coverage that best matches your needs. Furthermore, any plan available in the solo travel insurance category may also be purchased as a family travel insurance plan.
- Coverage in Every Country: In their international travel insurance policies, Adamjee travel insurance plans provide full worldwide coverage. This means you may go to as many locations as you desire with complete security and peace of mind.
- Process for Filing a Claim Is Simple: Adamjee Travel Insurance Company’s claim process is simple. The response time is rapid, and the claim processing is likewise quick. Within a few days, you should get your claim settlement amount.
- Coverage Duration: Adamjee travel insurance plans include a variety of coverage choices for single or multi-day trips. When purchasing the plan, you have the option to increase or reduce the number of travel days.
3. Oman Travel Insurance Dubai
Oman Insurance has been established for over 45 years and is one of the major public joint shareholder companies (PJSC) in the UAE. Its main business is to provide all types of life and general insurance products to individuals, families and businesses. Oman Insurance has its headquarters in Dubai. It also operates in all of the Emirates as well as Oman and Turkey. Mashreq Bank owns the majority of Oman Insurance and works in collaboration with large firms like Bupa, Coface and Generali.
Oman Travel Insurance Features
- Worldwide Premium Coverage: All Oman travel insurance policies for UAE residents and citizens may be tailored to include the geographic coverage that you want. You can choose between a single plan for domestic travel, a separate plan for international travel excluding the United States and Canada, and a separate plan for international travel that includes the United States and Canada.
- Comprehensive Advantages: Oman travel insurance in the UAE provides a broad range of coverage, ranging from personal liability to emergency medical expenditures and home security. When you're on a journey away from home, the plans cover every big and small advantage you would require.
- Simple Claim Procedure: The best part of the Oman travel insurance claim procedure is that the claimant does not have to wait for the final processing and payout for a long time. Your claims may be submitted, processed and reimbursed in a matter of minutes.
- Instant Coverage: Whether you purchase Oman travel insurance online or in person, your coverage begins immediately and there are no gaps.
- Personalized Options: All travel insurance policies for citizens and residents may be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
4. Emirates Travel Insurance Dubai
In 1985, the Emirates airline was formed. The airline's maiden flight took place in October of the same year. The Emirates airline was founded with a seed investment of AED 10 million and was the first airline to provide telecommunications on board. Emirates was named the world's ‘most valuable airline’ and the UAE's ‘most valuable airline’ in 2010. By 2010, the worth of this airline had risen to AED 10 billion, and it has continued to rise steadily since then. From creating the world's first purpose-built A380 facility concourse to becoming the airline with the most nationalities travelling on a single trip, Emirates has a long list of achievements to its credit.
Emirates Travel Insurance Features
- Unique: This is a one-of-a-kind Emirates travel insurance package, and Emirates is the first to provide it to its clients. Every plane ticket purchased after December 2020 comes with the plan for free.
- Flexibility: The Emirates travel health insurance policy is rather flexible, and clients can choose to accept or decline it at their leisure. Passengers who already have a travel insurance plan and do not wish to add additional protection can choose not to accept it.
- Covid-19 Coverage: A Covid-19 special cover is a multi-risk Emirates travel health insurance. It safeguards against a variety of circumstances that might result in trip cancellation. Apart from that, the Emirates travel package includes emergency medical coverage.
- Long-Term Validity: The Emirates travel insurance plan is good for 365 days or the duration of your round-trip flight. Whichever of these two occurrences occurs first determines the validity.
5. Orient Travel Insurance Dubai
Orient Insurance, a public joint-stock business, was founded in 1982 as a part of the Al-Futtaim Group. When it comes to general insurance goods and services, it is one of the most popular insurance companies in the UAE. In both 2010 and 2011, Orient Insurance Dubai had the highest net profit in the UAE. Since then, the firm has steadily increased its assets and client base. From the company's general insurance section, Orient travel insurance is one of the best-performing insurance products.
Orient Travel Insurance Features
- Broad Coverage: One of the finest advantages of Orient travel insurance in Dubai is the unusually broad coverage of the travel insurance policies. Adults, elderly persons, and family members can all choose from a variety of options. You may easily select a plan that best matches your needs.
- Comprehensive plans: All of Orient Travel Insurance's international travel insurance policies adhere to the Schengen country's travel insurance requirements. As a result, you can go anywhere in the globe with only one plan. Most domestic travel insurance policies include coverage for travel not just in the UAE but also in Oman and Bahrain.
- Options for a Wide Range of Add-Ons: For customization, most incoming and outgoing plans can be coupled with an add-on from the available list. You may simply modify or expand the plan to meet your requirements.
- Complete Medical Assistance: All Orient travel insurance plans provide coverage for unexpected medical expenditures, hospitalization, medical evacuation, and a variety of additional perks.
6. RSA Travel Insurance Dubai
RSA Insurance is one of the oldest known insurance companies. It began operations in the UAE in 1956 and continues to operate in nearly every type of insurance industry in the nation. RSA started the insurance business with home and property insurance in 1764. RSA was also the primary insurance company for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games. Later on, the firm expanded substantially, eventually becoming the insurance provider for the infamous RMS Titanic. From the outset, RSA has been a prominent player in the insurance industry.
RSA Travel Insurance Features
- Travel insurance for Schengen nations is available as a separate bundled option.
- RSA's global travel insurance plans may be tailored to incorporate a variety of riders, depending on the policyholder's preferences.
- RSA Travel Insurance Dubai offers a simple online and offline application and claim process. For all types of travel insurance claims, RSA has a claim settlement percentage of 99.46 percent.
- Customer support is easy to reach and highly proactive and can be reached via phone or email.
- All travel insurance plans include coverage for Oman as well as the UAE, making them some of the most comprehensive travel insurance policies available.
7. Union Travel Insurance
Medical expenditures, travel difficulties, loss of life, and other challenges that may occur during your vacation are all covered by travel insurance. Union Travel Insurance protects your financial interests for both inbound and outgoing travel to and from the UAE and any other place on the planet.
Union Travel Insurance Features
- Flexible: It's possible that your journey will not always go as planned. Several unforeseen circumstances may cause you to cut your vacation short or even cancel it. While reducing or canceling a vacation might ruin your mood, it can also put a strain on your wallet because many reservations are non-refundable. When you are not at fault, Union Travel Insurance ensures that you do not have to suffer. Union Travel Insurance protects your financial interests by covering non-refundable losses in the event of trip cancellation or delay.
- Inconvenient Travel Cover: The delay or loss of luggage is one of the most common issues that travelers experience. Many people store their important papers and cash in their backpacks. Any luggage delay or loss might result in financial hardship. You'll never be alone in such a tough circumstance if you have Union Travel Insurance. Union Travel Insurance will cover any delays, loss, or theft of your luggage, money, or papers, guaranteeing a stress-free and enjoyable trip.
- Medical issues coverage: A medical problem can occur at any moment and in any location. In addition to medical emergencies, travel insurance will cover the costs of transportation, lodging, repatriation to the UAE, and even emergency travel for a relative in the event of an extended stay or overstay due to illness. It will also cover dental expenses.
- Service is available at all times: Union Travel Insurance help is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to offer you any assistance you may require. You can get help by calling 800 UIC4U (84248) or visiting their website. The facility also allows you to file claims at your convenience.
8. AIG Travel Insurance Dubai
A bad event should be the last thing on your mind when traveling. Nonetheless, it is usually the first thing that comes to mind while planning a trip. American International Group, Inc. provides you Travel Guard for a safer and happier vacation so you can enjoy your trip instead of worrying. An illness or any other unexpected occurrence or condition may force you to cut your vacation short or cancel it entirely, or seek medical care while on the road. AIG Travel Guard (Travel Insurance) protects your financial interests by covering your expenses in such situations.
AIG Travel Insurance Features
- Financial protection in the event of a personal injury: AIG Travel Insurance Dubai and the UAE protects you against accidental death, permanent partial disability, and permanent total disability if you have an unfortunate occurrence while traveling.
- Travel with safety: Many elements of your trip are covered when you insure your travel with AIG Travel Insurance Dubai and the UAE, including discomfort during the route, luggage loss, aircraft delay, and trip cancellation or curtailment. AIG Travel Insurance will protect your financial interests by offering reimbursement if your luggage is stolen or your passport is misplaced.
- Your flight delay is covered: A flight delay might result in significant financial losses. AIG Travel Insurance in Dubai and the UAE compensates you for any financial damages incurred as a result of a flight delay. AIG is also one of the few travel insurance companies that provide coverage for airline hijacking. If you miss your flight or your vacation is canceled, AIG travel insurance will cover your losses.
9. AXA Travel Insurance Dubai
Travel insurance is a financial protection plan that protects your financial interests if unexpected events disrupt your local or international travel. In addition, travel insurance covers the loss of your luggage and provides a strategy for dealing with medical situations. Check out the world-class travel insurance options offered by AXA travel insurance in Dubai and the UAE if you want to maximize your vacation experience and make the most of your staycation.
AXA Travel Insurance Features
- Flights usually arrive and depart on time. However, due to technical or weather issues, your flight may be delayed, creating significant discomfort as well as potential financial losses. AXA travel insurance will cover the additional costs of using various amenities while waiting at the airport if there is a delay of 6 hours or more.
- When traveling from one location to another, the protection of your luggage, money, and passport is paramount. If you misplace any of the goods, your trip might be ruined. By offering financial coverage, AXA Travel Insurance protects your luggage, money, and passport, ensuring that you do not find yourself stranded.
- If you are involved in an unfortunate event while traveling, AXA travel health insurance UAE will protect you from bodily harm. In addition, the insurance will cover your medical expenditures if you fall ill. They will also organize transportation for you to ensure that you have the greatest possible experience throughout your vacation. The AXA Travel Insurance help staff is also accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
10. ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance
When visiting the UAE, international travel insurance is recommended because the country has its own set of customs, traditions, and laws. ICICI Lombard's Travel Insurance Policies come in a variety of options, depending on your needs. The Elderly Citizen Travel Insurance Plan, for example, is tailored to the needs of senior people. Frequent travelers can take advantage of the Gold Multi-Trip Travel Insurance for worry-free travel for a set period.
ICICI Lombard Travel Insurance Features
- Get access to a cashless hospitalization service anywhere across the globe.
- Up to the age of 85, no medical examinations are required.
- Total loss of checked luggage, including handbags, is covered.