Every car owner in Sharjah is required to have auto insurance for their vehicle as it is mandatory by the Sharjah RTA law. No matter if the car is new or used, you still need to have car insurance in Sharjah and if you fail to insure your vehicle in Sharjah or other emirates, then you are liable to pay fine by Sharjah law. So, it is highly advisable that do not even try to drive your vehicle on the road without having car insurance in Sharjah as its consequences could end up being very serious. So, it is always better to be well-prepared for any kind of eventuality and therefore choosing apt car insurance is one of the key decisions to make.
In this article, we have highlighted some important things about car insurance Sharjah. So, go through all of them to make a well-informed decision before you buy an auto insurance policy for your vehicle.
Types of car insurance policies in Sharjah
There are two types of car insurance policies available in the Sharjah:
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: A comprehensive auto insurance policy will provide you wide protection of cover. This type of car insurance policy basically covers damages done to your own vehicle as well as other vehicles involved in an accident. In addition to this, the comprehensive car insurance policy covers any damage to your vehicle due to theft or an act of fire or vandalism. Since this type of auto insurance policy provides the maximum level of coverage, the premium on this auto insurance policy is higher.
- Third-Party Liability Car Insurance: It is the basic car insurance policy that offers the minimum level of coverage and it is mandatory as per the Sharjah law for all types of vehicles. Third-party liability car insurance policy offers coverage for all damages caused to another vehicle by your car. In addition to this, it covers bodily injury or death to any third party in Sharjah. This car insurance policy is cheaper as compared to a comprehensive auto insurance policy since it does not pay out for the damages caused to your vehicle in an event of accident or theft.
While buying car insurance for your vehicle, it is always better to look for some additional benefits as well to make the most of your insurance policy. Some of them are as follows:
- Zero Depreciation: Where the policyholder can avail the reimbursement for the vehicle’s parts replaced as per their real value and not the depreciated value.
- NCB Protect: Where the policyholder can keep the discount on account of no claims even if they have claimed insurance once in that year.
- GCC Coverage: If you take frequent road trips to the neighboring GCC nations then a wider coverage is definitely a good backup plan for you. In fact, a few countries such as Oman will not allow you to enter until & unless you have valid international/GCC insurance.
Also, you can avail some other add-ons such as roadside assistance, towing that come in handy in case of an emergency.
Required Documents For Buying Car Insurance Sharjah Online/Offline:
Documents for Buying New Auto Insurance Policy in Sharjah
You will need the following documents in order to buy a new car insurance policy in Sharjah:
- A valid UAE Visa
- Passport copy
- Driving license of the UAE
- Copy of vehicle registration – Mulkiya
Documents for Renewing Car Insurance Policy in Sharjah
If you are renewing your car insurance policy from the same car insurance provider then you are not required to submit all of your documents. You can simply provide the details of your existing car insurance policy and then proceed with the car insurance renewal process.
If you are in Sharjah or Dubai, you will have to pay less car insurance premium as compared to the people from other emirates. Statistically, people from Sharjah & Dubai have fewer accident records so the chances of them for making insurance claim are also lower.
Finding apt car insurance Sharjah has become extremely easy & convenient with the availability of reliable & transparent online portals. Car owners are advised to buy online car insurance Sharjah after comparing different insurance policies in terms of their benefits, coverage, inclusions & exclusions so as to find the best insurance policy.