How to Select Car Insurance Policy Online in Dubai?
Car insurance protects your car, passengers, and third-party against damages. The benefits can be extended as per the type of policy you purchase. Therefore, you should assess your insurance needs and should shop for the most appropriate insurance product for your car. It is possible to check the right kind of policy online. You can compare car insurance online in Dubai by visiting the website of a reputed insurance web aggregator. It will help you to understand various kinds of insurance plans and suggest you the most suitable car insurance policy.
Type of Car Insurance Policy
There are Two Types of Auto Insurance Policies.
Third-Party Insurance – The third-party car insurance policy offers the minimum coverage as required by the law. Under this plan,
- If there is an accident, there will be coverage for the other car, people and property.
- There will not be any cover for your own car. If there is damage to your car, you should incur out of pocket expenses.
- Its benefits are limited to the third-party liability only.
Comprehensive Insurance Plan – As you subscribe to the comprehensive insurance plan, there will be a protection to your own damages as well.
- The insurance policy not only covers third party car, passengers, and property damaged in the accident, but it also covers your own car against any loss or damage.
- You can get maximum protection by buying a comprehensive car insurance policy and by opting for various add-ons.
Understand the Car Insurance Terminology
While purchasing a car insurance policy, you must understand the terminology used by car insurance companies.
- Agency – It is the manufacturer’s authorized workshop where the car repairs are done if your car is involved in the accident.
- Non-Agency – The insurance company will choose a workshop or dealer where the repairs will be done.
- No-Claim Discount – If you have not made a claim during the previous policy year, the insurance company will reward you by offering a discount on the renewal premium.
- Excess – It is the amount that the policyholder should pay from his pocket which is beyond the money spent by the insurance company for a claim.
- Off-Road – You should be aware of the road you are driving on during the accident. If the roads are not marked, they are treated as unmarked/off roads.
The Validity of Car Insurance Policy
A car insurance policy is issued for a period of 13 months in Dubai. It is the standard procedure and you should renew your policy before the expiry date. If you fail to do that, you have to pay the penalty. You can renew the insurance policy online, as it is the most convenient method and saves your time as well.
Status of Insurance Policy
You can buy an insurance policy in Dubai online or offline. The status of the policy can be found by visiting the official website and entering the details of the policy.
Benefits of Buying Car Insurance Policy Online
There are many benefits associated with buying a car insurance policy online.
- Quick Quotes – You can obtain a quick quote from an insurance company. The make & model of the vehicle, the age of the vehicle, driver’s age, location and frequency of usage are some factors which influence the insurance premium.
- Comparison of Quotes – You can compare features with the help of an insurance web aggregator and then select the best plan.
- Instant Discount – There are online insurance comparison websites which offer a discount on the premium by applying the discount code.
- Easy Steps – The car insurance policy can be purchased in three simple steps by online. You should fill the online form, choose the insurance policy, and make payment.
In a Nutshell
You can buy a third-party car insurance policy or a comprehensive car insurance plan as per your budget, risk perception, and value of your car. For a brand new vehicle, you should go for a comprehensive policy. Third-party insurance will serve the minimum required to drive your vehicle on the public roads. However, you can consider comprehensive cover and add-ons to maximize your benefits. With the help of car insurance compare online in Dubai you can choose the best insurance plan without any trouble.