Tips Related to Car Insurance for Young Drivers in UAE
One of the main reasons for your excitement on turning 18 can be your driving license. But before getting down to fiddle the cruise control, you need to make sure your car is registered with the RTA (Road Transport Authority). Apart from this, according to the law, you should also have a car insurance policy.
Written below are some tips related to car insurance for young drivers in the UAE.
Choose the Level of Cover
- You would obviously want to buy best car insurance online for your prized possession. You can either go for a fully comprehensive insurance or third-party insurance, depending upon your requirement.
- If you are not driving a very high-end car and any damages to it would not cost you a fortune, you can opt for third-party insurance. But it's always wise to look out for the next bullet. You should check which of the two types of insurance can be obtained at a cheaper price.
- In some cases, a fully comprehensive insurance might cost less as compared to a third-party coverage. So it is advised that you check the prices of both.
Reduce the Insurance Risk
- Drive Safely: One of the major reasons for the accidents taking place these days is the lack of driving skills amongst young drivers. Practice as much as you can before you take your car on the roads. By having no claims, no accidents & no points on the driving license, you can prove that you are a low-risk driver. While renewing your insurance, your premium should have a significant fall.
- Drive Less (if possible): If you drive less, you will have a lower mileage. A lower mileage leads to a cheaper car insurance policy.
- Drive the Car that Falls Under a Low Insurance Cap: The insurance providers tend to charge higher for those cars that might have expensive repairs, customizations like powerful engines or alloy wheels. Hence, you should maintain your car in a way that it continues to stay under the low insurance group.
- For the Second Driver, add Someone who is a Low-Risk Driver: Parents can be a good option for the low-risk driver. Make sure your parents do not pretend to become the main driver. This is illegal and your insurer can take due action against the same.
Reduce the Cost
- Paying Voluntary Excess: You can add this to the compulsory excess to reduce your premium amount. Keep in mind, while making a claim, you might have to make more payment towards it by yourself.
- Get Yourself Registered on Someone Else’s Car Insurance Policy as a Second Driver: This way you can get a benefit of no claims discount from the named driver. However, keep in mind that the named driver is above 25 years of age and has a good record of driving.
- Avoid Making Payment in Monthly Installments: Only when the insurance provider charges interest.
- Consider Going for an Advanced Course in Driving: However, make sure that you can attract a better deal with the help of this course.
- Shop Around: Go online, use your laptops or your phones and get a few quotes for comparison. The more hours you put in, the more is the possibility of getting a better cover at a lower price. It is wise to invest a good amount of time on finding a suitable car insurance policy for your beloved vehicle before taking it out for a spin down the roads of the UAE.
Check up on the Insurance Provider
- Make sure that you thoroughly read the terms and conditions of the policy before you buy it. That's the only way to be aware of the extent of your coverage.
- Please be careful of scams. Young drivers can be targeted by fake insurers. You should have an authorized insurance provider (and broker, in case you have one).
The Parting Words
Being a young driver, you might get a victim to scams and fake insurers. Make sure you buy a car insurance policy for your vehicle from an authorized insurance company only. Being young, one might sometimes get a little too carefree. It is advised that you drive safely on the roads to protect your life as well as of your car.