HSBC is one of the leading banking and financial services providers of the world. The company currently has its presence in four global businesses - Commercial Banking, Banking and Wealth Management, Global Private Banking, and Global Banking and Markets. HSBC has its presence in UAE since 1946 and since then it is serving Dubai and other emirates of UAE with its banking and financial services.
HSBC Insurance Products Portfolio
International Term Assurance
Wealth Accumulation Plan
In its general insurance category, HSBC Insurance provides insurance policies under the following categories:
The motor insurance policy of HSBC Insurance is provided through AXA Car Insurance. Under this policy, HSBC provides a comprehensive coverage starting from the time an insured gets in trouble on the road. Some of the salient features of this insurance policy are:
- Damage or loss of the insured vehicle is covered.
- Third-party injury and property damage are covered.
- The legal liabilities are also covered and if an insured wants, he/she can extend it to include the family members as a third-party.
- Storm, riot, flood, and strike are covered.
- Cover for fire and theft are provided.
- Covers personal injuries.
- Oman cover is provided.
- Provides cover for personal belongings.
- Off-road covers are also provided.
- Agency repairs are covered as well.
- Personal accident benefits for drivers and passengers are also provided.
- Pickup and delivery of the damaged vehicle are covered.
To protect home and its contents, HSBC Insurance provides AXA Home Insurance Plan. From prized jewelry to electronic equipments and from expensive watches to furniture of home everything is covered in as little amount as AED 2 per day. The key benefits offered by this policy are:
- Alternative accommodation is covered
- Liability of tenants
- Various unexpected events and natural calamities are covered.
- Stolen keys and replacement of locks are also covered in this policy.
- Theft or burglary when the insured is not in the city or country.
- Visitor's personal belongings are covered as well.
- Accidental damage
- Domestic helpers are as well insured.
For the peace of mind of the travelers, this insurance policy is incorporated with different plans of HSBC Insurance. Under this insurance policy, AXA Travel Insurance provides emergency medical cover, loss or damage to personal belongings, trip cancellation, etc. The two plans provided under this policy are:
- Travel Smart
- Travel Schengen
The key benefits that are covered in this policy are:
- Emergency medical
- Option to choose the cover against a visit to close relatives.
- Facility of emergency transport
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Premature returns are also covered.
- Personal liability
- Rescue cost and cost of first aid are also covered.
- Trip cancellation and curtailment
- If the flight is delayed by more than 12 hours, then the expenses are borne by the insurance provider.
- Passport loss
- Personal accident
Life insurance policies are there to help the family of the insured in case of his/her unexpected demise. Some insurance policies as well cover permanent physical disability leading to loss of family income. The plans covered under this policy are:
This insurance plan is to cover the whole of the life of an insured. Futura is offered by Zurich International Life Limited. Under this plan, an insured gets benefits of protecting his/her family against all unexpected situations in the future. The key inclusions of this plan are:
- It is a policy that covers death occurred due to any reason.
- Option to get a different insurance coverage for the spouse or keep a joint cover.
- Option to settle benefits every year depending on the rate of inflation every year.
It is an investment plan with benefits of savings. The silent features of this plan are:
- Option to select single life or joint life first death.
- Option to opt for additional single premiums
- An insured can increase his/her regular contribution to the plan at anytime.
- Option to opt for additional single premium.
International Term Assurance:
This insurance policy of HSBC Insurance covers the life of an insured and his/her spouse at an affordable price. In case of death, personal or total disability, and critical illness an insured or his/her beneficiary gets the cash sum. Some of the benefits of this policy are:
- Covers life and pays the cash sum, if the insured expires.
- Permanent and total disabilities are also covered.
- Critical illnesses are covered as well
- The policy provides an option to add extra benefits including the critical illness and disabilities.
Wealth Accumulation Plan:
Zurich's Wealth Accumulation Plan offers an effective space to grow the wealth to its policyholders. There are options to invest in a variety of currencies. Some silent features of this plan are:
- Option to modify the investment portfolio.
- A vast array of choices.
- Offers great flexibility.
- Provides protection for the family of the insured as well.
To cover the life of an insured against critical illness, permanent or total disability, this insurance policy is introduced. The key features that an insured gets after taking this policy are:
- Provides life cover.
- Option to choose insurance cover for critical illness
- Provides option to select permanent and total disability.
- Benefits of terminal illness are also included.
- A policy that is easily available without much paperwork.
Personal Accident Insurance:
To protect an insured and his/her family against any personal accident, this insurance policy is used. The insurance policy offered by AXA Insurance helps to maintain calm when some personal accident occurs and a financial crisis arises. The basic inclusions offered by this policy are:
- Accidental death
- Accidental medical reimbursement
- Permanent total disability
- Permanent partial disability
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Death because of accidental drowning is also covered in some of the policies of this plan.
- Covers accidental food poisoning