BMWs are a beautiful blend of design, elegance and performance. The brand is known to guarantee seamless driving experience and its impeccable features ensure a smooth ride every time. However, the sad reality is that BMWs can break down due to a variety of misfortunes while on the road. That is why it is essential that you are aware of the appropriate methods of getting in touch with your BMW emergency services in case of mishaps. It is judicious to minimize the damages to whatever extent possible with due assistance from servicemen of the company.
It is evident that a BMW is an expensive vehicle to maintain. Given the nature of the engineering that goes into its manufacturing, it is fitted with customised parts. Going by only the average maintenance costs, it is estimated that a BMW owner would have to shell out no less than AED 65,000 in a year just to keep it in peak condition. These costs are merely for the maintenance of the vehicle, on the assumption that there are no roadside assistance expenses incurred.
What is Roadside Assistance?
Roadside assistance provided by any automobile company seeks to go the extra mile in providing service to the vehicle owner in case their car breaks down or meets with any accident during the course of their travel. Roadside assistance is available to all users with comprehensive car insurance plans. The BMW Roadside Assistance is available to all BMW users at any time of the day, 365 days of the year. With the BMW Roadside Assistance number, you are entitled to get instant support at any time when you need it. BMW ensures to take care of all the necessary formalities in case of any accident if the car owner has subscribed to the roadside assistance facility.
Let’s Take a Look at Breakdown Assistance Features
BMW vehicle owners can avail of the following BMW emergency services:
- BMW Mobile Service: Problems can be easily resolved on the interface of your smartphone. The My BMW app is a useful application that can be used to resolve BMW emergency situations that may develop while on the road. In a situation when there is a breakdown or technical issue with your vehicle, you may place a call requesting help either from the app on the phone or from the assistance menu on the Central Information Display in the car itself. Of course, in order to avail of the facilities on the My BMW app, you need to have an active BMW ID with a connected vehicle in the app. The company can arrange either a BMW mobile service or it can provide support by technically qualified personnel.
- BMW Breakdown Assistance: The breakdown assistance would involve servicemen being arranged to take care of the vehicle at a local area or making arrangements for a tow away service. In case the person gets locked inside the vehicle, or they find that they have run out of fuel in a desolate area, towing services may be provided. This would lead to the vehicle being towed to the concerned area.
- Replacement Vehicle: If the vehicle needs to be replaced with an alternate one for the convenience of the driver, the necessary arrangements will be made by the BMW authorities.
- BMW Service Workshop: Assuming that the BMW has been disfigured or damaged in some form as a result of a breakdown, it can be adequately serviced by the virtue of the BMW service workshop. The BMW service specialists will accurately assess the repair and maintenance of the vehicle.
- BMW Accident Assistance: In the case that the vehicle meets with an accident on the road, the assistance programme will initiate contact with the car insurance companies that are involved, and handle all the necessary formalities.
- Lockout Service: Your BMW is equipped with a technologically advanced entry system, which cannot be broken into through traditional means or with regular locksmith tools and devices. In the situation where the owner is unable to get into the vehicle, a simple phone call to BMW Roadside Assistance will help the owner get out of the situation. It is the responsibility of the company to find transportation or arrange towing services to the nearest BMW centre.
- Emergency valet service: In case the vehicle undergoes a mechanical breakdown and has to be transported, this is a good option. The emergency valet service allows the owner to use the services of an assistant who will take care of all the necessary arrangements.
- Trip Interruption benefits: In case the vehicle owner experiences a breakdown in the vehicle, covered by the BMW Roadside Assistance services, that is 100 miles or more away from their home location, they shall be entitled to the so-called trip interruption benefits. This shall include reimbursement being given for meals, car rentals as well as alternate transportation if required.