A term insurance policy covers your life with the most economical premium. It is extremely important to know your insurance needs and opt for the term insurance plan that suits them the best. It is good to reassess your insurance requirements and it is a good option to consider a second term insurance plan also.
A term plan is a kind of pure life insurance, in which the payout is made to the dependents if the policyholder passes away. If the insured is alive after the term, there is no monetary benefit, which means that such a plan does not offer survival benefits. Therefore, you should buy a term plan to cover your life’s risk at the lowest premium possible.
Benefits of Two Term Insurance Plan
You can buy more than one term plan to fulfill your insurance requirements. It is also possible to have more than one nominee for the term plan. If you hold two insurance policies, there is no compulsion of having the same nominee for both the plans.
The following are the perks of opting for a two-term insurance plan:
- Added Protection: When you are holding more than one life insurance plan, you are backed with extra protection.
- Death Benefit: In case of any unfortunate situation, your nominee can avail death benefit from more than one term insurance plan.
- Avoiding the Risk of Claim Rejection: The rejection of a claim can be managed if you go for more than one insurance policy. This is because even if one insurance provider rejects your claim, there is a fair chance of the other provider accepting your claim. Therefore, your beneficiary is well secured.
- Claim Settlement Ratio: The claim settlement ratio can vary from provider to provider. The chances of your claim increase if your provider holds a high claim settlement ratio.
- Milestones: Many insurance providers help you plan for the milestones in your life. You can opt for an insurance plan as per the needs of your loved ones. Some of the milestones that can be fulfilled with a term insurance plan are your child’s education, big purchases, child’s marriage, among the rest.
- Death Claim: If the insured dies during the term of the insurance policy, the sum assured is paid to the beneficiaries in the form of a death claim. The payment is made as per the terms of the policy.
It is important to disclose the information about your existing term insurance plan to your provider in order to avoid any complications in the future.
Things to Consider While Applying
If you are planning to buy more than one term insurance plan, the following tips will help you save time and effort by systematically planning it out:
- Contacting an Agency: If you seek out an insurance aggregator, it is possible to explore plans from various providers.
- Medical Tests: You only have to go through a medical test once which can be shared with the different insurance providers.
- Assessment of Your Requirements: It is important to assess your needs regularly. Opting for an extra term insurance plan should not be a burden.
- Buying at an Early Age: When you buy a term plan at a younger age, the premium charges offered are lower.
- Reviews: It is always good to go through reviews by experts or your known ones. This helps you in settling for the best.
The Final Say
Buying an additional insurance policy costs an additional premium. It also becomes difficult sometimes to manage these multiple policies. However, you can opt for multiple plans if the benefits outweigh the costs.