Which is better gold, platinum or titanium credit card?
When we think of gold, platinum or titanium, what strikes us is nothing but shiny jewelry. However, a gold, platinum or titanium credit card has no common grounds with jewelry. Titanium, platinum or gold credit cards are not financial terms, they are terms that help credit card companies market their credit cards based on the benefits offered to the cardholder that vary across the providers.
These three tiers of credit cards, i.e. titanium, platinum, and gold differ across the credit eligibility, fees and interest, cardholder benefits and credit limits. Let us now compare credit cards across the different requirements varying with the tiers.
What Is The Difference Between Gold and Platinum?
Platinum credit cards are the most durable when it comes to colored cards. There is no set definition for what a platinum credit card is, but they differ to gold cards. There are a handful of exciting features that most of the Platinum cards have, they are:
- A platinum credit card is usually a bank’s most expensive or the top-tier card, second only to a titanium, black or diamond card if offered by the bank.
- It is often in the form of a rewards credit card.
- It is loaded with benefits that are often not provided with a gold credit card from the same provider, these benefits are in the form of complimentary travel insurance, travel inconvenience cover in case your flight is canceled, among many more.
- A higher interest rate is charged on the platinum credit cards which reflects that it is designed for a borrower belonging to a higher income bracket and who can afford to pay the outstanding monthly amount in full.
The above-mentioned benefits vary across the different types of cards, but you can expect a few of these features when you compare credit cards of the platinum tier.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind before owning a Platinum card, such as:
- The bank charges you a high annual membership fee and higher interest rates as compared to the gold credit cards, for the wide range of benefits provided.
- They come with higher minimum credit limits.
- They often come with minimum income requirements that are higher than that of a gold credit card.
Therefore, Platinum cards have both an upside and a downside to them. They come with a variety of exciting perks and privileges for the cardholder. However, even if you have clear spending habits and you don't have to pay interest on any transaction, you are still going to be paying a big annual fee to match those benefits and rewards offered to you.
What is the Difference Between Platinum and Titanium?
There is not a major difference when you compare the credit cards of the platinum and the titanium tiers. The providers that offer a Titanium credit card often offer them as a step above the Platinum credit cards. You have to fulfill strict criteria to be eligible for holding these cards. The criteria include the following:
- A minimum monthly income requirement
- A minimum and maximum age requirement
- A minimum spending requirement
- Duration of your employment
Sometimes, a titanium card may have more of these requirements as compared to a platinum card, varying from provider to provider.
Titanium cards often offer additional benefits such as no fee for late payments, or no charges for transactions. These offers are often not offered to the holder of a Platinum card. Both titanium and platinum cards charge an annual membership fee for the rewards and benefits they offer. An annual membership fee charged on the titanium card is usually higher than the platinum card. When a credit card comparison in UAE is done, the credit limit is considered as an important determinant. The titanium credit cards along with other tier credit cards offered to members with a high income may not impose any credit limit at all. Even if a credit limit is offered, it goes up to a very high amount.
Every tier of credit card offered in UAE offers the cardholder with a variety of benefits to the cardholders. Both titanium and platinum cards offer perks such as air miles, insurance benefits, travel perks, cashback rewards, and lifestyle privileges. The providers that offer a Titanium card may offer additional perks and benefits like access to secret sales, private events, and popular restaurants.
To Further Conclude
The idea of having a Gold, Platinum, or a Titanium card in your wallet is a tempting one. But unless you’re ready to face the expenses and plan on collecting rewards points endlessly, a credit card is still just a wealth management tool. Therefore, it is important to compare credit cards before opting for a tier. Credit Card comparison in UAE is important because it helps in giving you a realist picture of the future financial burden you are going to carry.