Top 10 Best Travel Credit Cards to Consider in UAE
For a frequent flier, two of the most important aspects to look-out for are patterns of the travel and spending habits. Although there is no perfect credit card, you can look into your needs and choose the best for you. For that you will need to decide whether you want access to more lounges or better discounts. No card will offer best of all its features.
Therefore, below is a list of 10 travel credit cards in UAE that offers better benefits than others.
Najm voyager signature Credit card-
Najm voyager signature credit card is one of the best credit cards in terms of travel credit cards. For every AED the customer spends abroad or in www.najmvoyager.com, he earns 3 voyager points as a reward. Domestically, the customer earns 2 voyager points for every AED spent. And swiping the Najm voyager signature credit card for the payment of utility bills, spending on E-government, fuel and school fees will give you 1 voyager point for every AED spent.
The travel benefits of the Najm voyager signature credit card includes travel insurance up to USD 500,000 for multi-trips. The customers are also provided the VISA concierge services a complimentary 24X7. Also, VISA LoungeKey offers visits to more than 1000 airport lounges across the world. Exclusive 9% extra discount on more than 175,000 hotels.
The Najm voyager signature credit card also offers ‘buy one get one free’ movie tickets and popcorns at VOX cinemas. A customer can avail up to 2 free movie tickets per month.
ADCB Traveller Credit Card-
ADCB traveller credit card offers incredible discounts with hotels and flights. This credit card offers 20% discounts on flights and hotels with zero abroad usage charges. Customers also get complimentary stay up to 6 nights. Swiping the ADCB traveller credit card will also avail you complimentary access to airport lounges and discounts in Starwood Hotels and Resorts.
ADCB traveller credit card offers one the best complimentary travel insurance in UAE.
- Up to USD 500,000 of Medical emergency expenditures and personal accident insurance
- Up to USD 100/day of cash benefit for in-hospital daily
- Up to USD 3000 insurance for loss of baggage (with no deductions)
- Up to USD 300 in case the customer’s baggage is delayed
- Up to USD 7500 in case of cancellation of the trip
- Up to USD 300 for trip delays
- Up to USD 300 in case of missed connection.
HSBC Platinum Select Credit Card-
HSBC select platinum credit card offers air miles, travel benefits, cinema benefits, discounts on dining and hotels with zero FIP (flexi installment plan).
The HSBC select platinum credit card offers 1 air mile for every AED 4 spent. The maximum air miles point you can earn is up to the highest credit limit of your credit card. You can check or redeem your rewards through the website or the mobile app anytime.
The benefits of the air miles include the following
- To pay for your tickets, including the taxes
- You can choose which, when and how to fly with. It means you can choose the airline, date and time and the preferred class (first, business or economy)
- Dates aren’t blacked-out which mean that if there is a seat available on the flight, you can book it through the air miles travel shop.
To be eligible for this credit card, the minimum salary required is AED 5000. The applicant must be a salary transfer customer between the ages of 21-65.
ADIB Etihad Gold Card-
ADIB Etihad gold card offers one the highest welcome bonus with 35000 guest miles. You can earn 1.5 air miles (on international spend) and 1 air mile (on domestic spend) with every AED 4 spent. 100% of the credit limit can also be withdrawn as cash.
The benefits of the ADIB Etihad gold card includes-
- Voucher for a free companion ticket- The best feature of this travel card would be the free ticket for the companion. When the Etihad gold card has been used to spend AED 150,000 or above, the customer gets a free companion ticket voucher. This voucher can be used to fly in any one of the flights of Etihad airways. The voucher holder can use it to travel to any destination, any time and in any class. No other credit card in the middle-east offers free ticket to the companion.
- ADIB Etihad gold card also offers access to 850 VIP airport lounges in the world. Up to 2 times a year, you can avail the lounges for free.
- Also you can gain quick access to Etihad silver tier when you use your Etihad gold card for 4 return flights within a year.
Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Credit Card-
To be eligible for this credit card, you will need a minimum salary of AED 30,000 per month. The age limit is 21-60 to apply for this credit card. The annual fee on this credit card is AED 1575 but the first year is free.
The benefits of the Standard chartered visa infinite credit card include-
- You redeem 5% of the purchase when you use your credit card on Etihad, Emirates and Virgin Atlantic.
- When you show your Visa Infinite credit card at 900+ airport lounges worldwide, you and your guest can enjoy unlimited access to the lounge.
- You can enjoy discounts up to 12% when you book a hotel through Hotels.com. For the discount, you will have to use the promo code SCBUAE12.
- You get complimentary travel insurance when you use your Visa Infinite travel card to pay for your travel.
American Express Platinum credit Card-
American express credit card offers benefits worldwide. The eligibility criteria of this credit card include the minimum age limit of 21. The minimum salary required is AED 225000 for the employed and AED 275,000 for the self-employed.
Benefits of the AMEX platinum credit card includes-
- Priority programme access in 143 countries to 1200 VIP airport lounges
- Comprehensive insurance globally
- Comprehensive insurance for travel
- Up to 12 times a year, you and your guests can access the VIP airport lounges.
Commercial Bank of Dubai World MasterCard-
The eligibility requirement to apply for this credit card is the age limit of 21-65 for UAE nationals and 21-60 for expats. The minimum salary required is AED 40,000.
Benefits of the Commercial Bank of Dubai World MasterCard include-
- Access to more than 850 VIP airport lounges is free internationally.
- For every Dirham spent using this credit card, you earn reward points.
- The primary card is free for the first year.
- You get up to 15% discounts and special privileges in luxury serviced apartments.
- With Marriott Bonvoy hotels, you can get complimentary hotel nights.
- You get discounts when you book your flights using Cleartrip.
Emirates Citibank Ultima Credit card-
With this credit card, you earn 25000 skywards miles as a welcome bonus. You also earn 10,000 skywards miles when you pay your yearly membership fee. The annual membership fee is AED 3000. And the minimum salary required is AED 36,750 per month. With every USD spent on purchasing tickets online at emirates.com, you can earn 2.5 skywards miles. You also earn 1.5 skywards points for every USD spent at FX and 1 skywards points for local spends.
You can redeem these skywards miles to purchase a ticket or upgrade your booking with Emirates. You can also use these points at any emirates partner airlines, car rental, hospitality, retail and lifestyle.
Benefits of the Emirates Citibank Ultima credit card include-
- Membership of the skywards silver
- Skywards miles as welcome gift
- Free access to more than 1000 airport lounges to you, your guest, your supplementary card owners and their guest.
- For your family members above the age of 15, you can take free supplementary cards.
- You will also get offers on dining, movie tickets, concierge, golf, etc.
- Travel insurance is complementary with this credit card.
Citi PremierMiles World Credit Card-
The annual fee of this card is AED 750. To be eligible for this credit card, the customer needs to have a minimum salary of AED 15000 every month. The rewards criteria include
- Citi Rewards program
- Citi miles collection
- Fast track rewards collection
While the benefits of this credit card includes-
- Travel insurance
- Complementary access to airport lounges
- Dining discounts
- Supplementary credit cards for the family
Commercial Bank of Dubai Titanium MasterCard-
This is one of the best free credit cards in UAE. The applicant for this card must be 21-65 (UAE nationals) and 21-60 (expats). And the minimum salary required is AED 10,000 for the salaried individual. Some of the features include access to airport lounges, CBD rewards and free for life.
Benefits of CBD Titanium MasterCard are-
- Access to 10+ VIP lounges in UAE, KSA, Jordan, Egypt and Kuwait
- With MasterCard Buy-one-get-one app, customers get complimentary offers in Middle East and Africa on attractions, dining, etc.
- It also provides hospitality, dining, wellness, travel and lifestyle benefits
Although the first travel card you see might appeal you, don’t stop looking. There are numbers of best credit cards in UAE that might seem like the best choice but pick one based on your research. With the number of increasing free credit cards in UAE, best credit cards in UAE are increasing too.