RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card
The RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card offers unmatched and unparallel travel benefits to its cardholders that other credit cards simply can’t match. By making the use of this RAKBANK credit card, one can enjoy amazing privileges as it provides a range of rewards, benefits, privileges, and amazing discounts.
Unlike other Airline co-brand credit cards, this RAKBANK credit card is not limited to any specific airline. Rather, card members will get a chance to select any airline from the list of more than 300 airlines for travel. Best of all, members of this credit card can redeem these RAKRewards for purchasing the air ticket with no blackout dates. In addition to this, they can choose from a variety of 3,00,000+ hotels.
Features of RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card
When it comes to the RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card, card members can get assured that they’re getting the best in industry features. Here is the list of top features that this RAKBANK credit card offers:
- No Annual Fee: One of the best features of this RAKBANK credit card is that it does not charge an annual fee. That means the cardholders will not have to pay any annual membership for owning this card. It is “free for life” credit card.
- Supplementary Cards: With this card, cardholders will get free supplementary cards for their family members.
- Easy Payment Plan: Easy payment Plan (EPP) is one of the most useful and advance features of the RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card. It allows the card member to convert any big purchases into 0% Easy Payment Plan. This EPP further can be availed for tenors of 3 to 12 months at participating merchants. Therefore, this card makes the shopping hassle-free.
- Low Interest Rate: This RAKBANK credit card offers low interest rate on outstanding retail purchases, making the shopping experience more rewarding.
- Interest Free credit: The RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card offers interest free credit for up to 55 days.
- Cash Advance Facility: Another amazing feature of this RAKBANK credit card is that it allows the cardholder to withdraw cash up to 80% of their total credit limit.
- Minimum Monthly Payment: Card members can make lowest monthly payment of just 3% by using this RAKBANK credit card.
- RAKMoney Transfer : The fund transfer facility offered by RAKBANK is extremely helpful and comprehensive. RAKBANK credit card members can send money by using RAKMoney Transfer service through Digital Banking. Also, cardholders can directly send the money from any of the RAKBANK branches. Cardholders can now send money to India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Europe, and some other parts of the world with RAKMoney Transfer.
- Convenient Payment Options: Members of this RAKBANK credit card can make payment for their outstanding amount at any of the RAKBANK ATM, EDM or they can pay their credit card bill at the below-mentioned exchange houses:
- UAE Exchange
- AI Ansari Exchange
- Redha AI Ansari Exchange
- Sharaf Exchange
- AI Fardan Exchange
- LuLu Exchange Outlets
Benefits of RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card
Packed with amazing travel benefits and rewards, this RAKBANK credit card provides a range of offers and discounts to its cardholders. The RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card, in particular makes the traveling experience more rewarding by providing huge travel and lifestyle benefits. Some of its main benefits of this card are as follows:
1. Cardholders can earn up to 350,000 RAKRewards monthly on all domestic as well as international spends.
Monthly Spend & RAKRewards earned per AED 1:
- On the spending of up to AED 14,999, cardholders can earn 3 RAKRewards (international) and 1.75 RAKRewards (domestic).
- On the spending of 15,000 and above, cardholders can earn 5 RAKRewards (international) and 3 RAKRewards (domestic).
Effective January 1st 2018, all spends under the category of Government services and utility bill payments will earn 0.35 RAKRewards per AED 1 spent.
Effective August 2nd 2018, all spends under the category of bill payments (utility & telecommunication), Car rentals, Transport, Real estate, Petrol or Gas stations will earn 0.35 RAKRewards per AED 1 spent.
2. Members of this RAKBANK credit card can enjoy up to 30% quarterly bonus RAKRewards.
|Total Retail Spend in 3 months (in AED)||Bonus Reward Rate (in %)||Max Cap (RAKRewards)|
|RAKBANK credit card members with monthly spending of 15,000 to 19,999||10||33,333|
|RAKBANK credit card members with monthly spending of 20,000 to 24,999||20||75,000|
|RAKBANK credit card members with monthly spending of 25,000 and above||30||138,889|
b. Cinema Rewards
|Overall Monthly Spend (in AED)||On Cinema Spend (in AED)||RAKRewards|
|5000 and above||1||50|
*Max RAKRewards monthly cap is AED 10,000 on cinema spend.
c. Offers: Cardholders of this RAKBANK credit card can enjoy exclusive offers on holidays, dining, electronics, jewellery, furnishing, and much more.
d. Travel Benefits: The RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card is packed with unmatched travel benefits, giving frequent travelers an extremely strong reason to choose this RAKBANK credit card. The various travel benefits and privileges offered by this card are as follows:
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access: The cardholder can enjoy unlimited complimentary airport lounge access to more than 10 Marhaba and CAC lounges in UAE, Jordan, KSA, Kuwait, and Egypt. In addition to this, members of this credit card can get free access to 15 regional and international LoungeKey airport lounges in USA, UK, Germany, Canada, Singapore, France, and more.
- Car Rentals: Card member can enjoy discounted rates on car rental service of Avis. Owners of this RAKBANK credit card can enjoy up to 15% discounts on Avis car rentals across the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia and 12% off on car rentals in the Canada and United States.
- Travel Discounts & Privileges : Owners of this credit card can travel in style as this card offers several exclusive global discounts and privileges on premium hotels and brands.
- Cleartrip Travel Discount: Members of this RAKBANK credit card can enjoy Cleartrip travel discounts up to 30% on hotel and flight bookings.
- Purchase Protection: Any new purchases made by using the RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card are insured for up to 30 days from the date of purchase against loss, damage, or theft. The card member can receive reimbursement up to US$ 1,000 per item and avail of the service for a maximum of US$ 8,000 per year.
- Travel Accident Insurance: The RAKBANK credit card provides the primary card member and their family members with complimentary travel insurance. This travel accident insurance includes travel inconvenience cover, accident cover, medical cover, and more.
Chauffeured Rides: As a member of RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card, one can get discounts on Careem ride. The card member can also take their first Careem ride for free. In addition to this, members of this RAKBANK credit card will also get 20% off on three rides in a month.
c. Lifestyle Rewards
Besides offering travel benefits and rewards, the RAKBANK credit card also provides a range of lifestyle rewards which are as follows:
- Buy 1, get 1 Offers: Members of the RAKBANK credit card can enjoy a lot of complimentary buy one, get one free offers on entertainment, attractions, cafes, and dining powered by the buy one, get one MasterCard for You App across the Middle East and Africa.
- MyUS Shopping: The MyUS organization provides cost-saving shipping from US stores, by collectively shipping all purchases made by a customer in one trip. Owners of the RAKBANK credit card can avail MyUS Premium Shipping Discounts & they can also get complimentary membership.
- Bicester Village Shopping Collection Benefits: As a member of this card, one can also enjoy the benefit of Bicester Village Shopping Collection. It offers maximum 60% discount on selected retail price in their own lavish or luxurious appointed boutiques throughout the year.
- European Shopping: The cardholder can avail European Shopping Villages Luxurious shopping discount up to 60% discount.
- Dining Benefits: Card members can experience RAKBANK credit card benefits firsthand via several dining discounts available across the world. With RAKFeast dining discount program, they can enjoy dining privileges at around 220 restaurants and outlets in all over the UAE.
RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card Eligibility
RAKBANK credit card requirements keep on updating as per the discretion of the bank. Here are some of the major factors that determine whether an applicant is eligible for the RAKBANK Credit Card or not.
- Age of the Applicant : The minimum age of the applicant must be at least 21 years to be eligible for RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card.
- Income: An applicant is required to show a valid source of income as this RAKBANK Credit Card requires a minimum monthly salary. The applicant’s minimum monthly salary is used to assess whether they will be able to make repayments or not. RAKBANK credit card minimum salary requirements are not made public and they are likely to change.
- UAE Residency: RAKBANK credit cards are typically offered to UAE residents. Non-residents individuals who are interested in applying for a RAKBANK credit card will need to consult the RAKBANK customer care number for instructions that how to proceed further.
- Credit History: Credit history is one of the most important RAKBANK credit card requirements as it shows the cardholder’s last payment record. So the applicant’s credit history must be good to be eligible for RAKBANK Credit Card as poor credit history may disqualify the applicant from obtaining the credit card.
- Details of the Employer: Applicants will need to present the valid details of the employer whereas the self-employed individuals will need to provide the trade license as proof of legitimate business.
Top Reasons To Get The RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card
The RAKBANK Credit Card benefits are extremely huge, allowing the card members to enjoy top class benefits at home or overseas. There are innumerable reasons to get the RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card and some of the major reasons are as follows:
- Low Interest: This RAKBANK Credit Card charges a nominal monthly retail interest of 3.45% in return for their amazing diverse range of benefits. Card members can simply avoid this retail interest by making the repayment of the full balance at the end of every billing cycle.
- Supplementary cards: Cardholders can share the amazing benefits of this RAKBANK Credit Card with their family members through the easily available supplementary RAKBANK credit cards. The best thing is that the supplementary RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card is even offered completely free of charge.
- Easy Payment Plan (EPP): RAKBANK’s EPP is also available in 0% interest schemes with tenors of 3 to 12 months. This plan allows the card members to convert the large transactions into easy monthly repayments.
- Emergency Cash: With the RAKBANK Credit Card, the cardholder can withdraw cash up to 80% of their total credit limit through ATM. Thus, they can avail immediate cash in times of financial emergency with the “cash advance” feature of this card.
- Amazing Offers & Rewards: One of the major reasons to get this RAKBANK Credit Card is that it is packed with a range of benefits. From travel discounts on flight and hotel bookings to lifestyle benefits, this card provides with a diverse range of benefits to its card members.
RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card Offers
In addition to all the above-mentioned RAKBANK Credit Card benefits and offers, RAKBANK also provides card members with frequently updated offers, rewards, and schemes. From travel benefits to lifestyle benefits, this credit card allows its card members to make the most of their card.
RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card Fees and Charges
On applying for a RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card, the card member will be provided with a policy document that details all the fees and charges which are associated with this RAKBANK Credit Card. Here is the complete list of fees & charges:
|Type of Charges||Amount|
|Annual Fees for Primary Card||Free For Life|
|Annual Fees for Supplementary Card||Free For Life|
|Finance Charges on retail transactions||3.45% per month|
|Finance Charges on Balance Transfer||1.50% per month|
|Finance Charges on Credit Card Cheques||2.25% per month|
|Finance Charges on cash advance||3.45% per month|
|Finance Charges on smart cash||2% per month|
Other Fees & Charges
|Types of Charges||Amount|
|Charges of Cash Advance||3% of cash withdrawn amount or AED 99 whichever is greater|
|Charges of card replacement||AED 75|
|Over limit Fee||AED 275|
|Late Payment Fee||AED 230|
|Charges of Duplicate Statement||AED 45 ( for each statement)|
|Charges of Returned Cheque||AED 100|
|Charges for procuring a copy of sales voucher||AED 65|
|Charges for International Courier||AED 100|
|Processing Fee for Credit Card Cheque||1% (Min AED 50 and Max AED 250)|
|Processing Fee for Smart Cash||AED 100|
|Processing Fee for Easy Payment Plan at participating merchants||
|Early settlement or cancellation fee for balance Transfer, Smart Cash, Credit card Cheque, and all Easy Payment Plans (Note that the current monthly interest will be fully charged)||AED 249|
|Credit Shield Insurance (CSI)||0.99%|
|Charges of International Remittance||AED 75|
|Charges for Payment through Exchange House||AED 3 (per transaction)|
|Rescheduling Fees||Up to 1% of the card’s total outstanding amount|
|Charges of Case Release||AED 525|
|Printed statement delivery charges||AED 5 per statement|
How To Apply For RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card?
Interested people can easily apply for RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card in two ways; either offline at any of the RAKBANK branches or via filling the online application form. If the applicant meets all the RAKBANK Credit Card requirements, they will get the card within a few working days.
Customers can easily apply for RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card by going through its official website. Now click on the apply button and submit the credit card application after filling out all the required details. Once all the details are filled in the application form, the bank will verify the credibility of the information you have filled in the form. Based on the eligibility criteria, the bank will decide whether he/she has to receive the card or not.
Alternatively, customers can apply for RAKBANK credit card by visiting any of the nearest branches of RAKBANK in the UAE. The applicant has to fill in the credit card application form with all the required details. If they meet the eligibility criteria set by the RAKBANK, then their credit card application will be taken forward for further procedure.
Additional Information / Documentation
Applicants will require the following documents to complete their RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card application:
- Emirates ID: As the RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card is offered to UAE residents, the applicant is required to show the original and photocopy of Emirates ID.
- Visa/Passport: Expatriates may also need to provide their original and photocopy of a valid passport and UAE visa.
- Income Proof: Applicants will be required to present valid details of an employer in the UAE. In addition to this, the applicant will also be required to present their salary slips of last 3 months or bank statement.
- Address Proof: Address proof can be shown in several ways. The applicant may show utility bills with their name clearly mentioned on it or he/she can submit a residence proof etc.
- Trade License: Self-employed applicants may also need to show a trade license as proof of legitimate business.
Note: Please note that the RAKBANK credit card requirements may change as per the bank’s discretion. Make sure you consult the customer care executive for more details on documents requirements. The customer care number is (04)213-0000.
Q.1. What is a RAKBANK supplementary card?
A supplementary RAKBANK credit card is also known as an add-on card. It is basically a card that is provided to family members of the primary cardholders. It works exactly like primary RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card and allows supplementary card members to access credit limits and avail all the rewards and offers. All supplementary card members share the same credit limit with the primary card.
Q.2. How can I make RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card repayments?
You can pay your RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card bills by using any of these payment Channels:
- RAKBANK ATM or EDM
- UAE Exchange
- AI Ansari Exchange
- Redha AI Ansari Exchange
- Sharaf Exchange
- AI Fardan Exchange
- LuLu Exchange Outlets
Q.3. What do I do if my RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card is stolen or misplaced?
If your credit card gets stolen or lost, you are immediately required to report the same to the bank’s representative in order to block your card. This should be done as soon as possible so as to prevent any fraudulent activities that could happen with your stolen or misplaced card. Once you informed the bank about the same, the bank will talk to you about a replacement of the card.
However, the replacement fee of the RAKBANK HighFlyer Platinum Credit Card is AED 75.
Q.4. Can I avail discounts on MasterCard Buy one get one app?
Yes, you can avail amazing discounts and privileges on MasterCard Buy one get one app. With this RAKBANK credit card, card members can enjoy a lot of complimentary buy one, get one free offer on entertainment, attractions, and dining powered by the buy 1, get 1 MasterCard for You App across the Middle East and Africa.
Q.5. Will I get a discount at Avis Car rentals even outside the UAE?
The RAKBANK credit card benefits are not only limited to the UAE but also you can use this card internationally to enjoy its amazing benefits. Just like other benefits, you will get a discount at Avis car rentals even outside the UAE. You can enjoy up to 15% discount at Avis Car rentals across Africa, Asia, Europe and 12% discount in the United States and Canada.
- ADCB Credit Cards
- ADIB Credit Cards
- Ajman Bank Credit Cards
- American Express Credit Cards
- Aseel Finance Credit Cards
- CBI Credit Cards
- Citibank Credit Cards
- Commercial Bank of Dubai Credit Cards
- Deem Finance Credit Cards
- Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Emirates Islamic Credit Cards
- Emirates NBD Credit Cards
- FAB Credit Cards
- Finance House Credit Cards
- HSBC Credit Cards
- Mashreq Bank Credit Cards
- Mawarid Finance Credit Cards
- NAJM Credit Cards
- NBF Credit Cards
- Noor Bank Credit Cards
- RAKBANK Credit Cards
- Sharjah Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Standard Chartered Bank Credit Cards
- United Arab Bank (UAB) Credit Cards