The Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card was created with the intention of allowing cardholders to reap the full benefits of travel, both domestically and internationally. From discounts on car rentals and fine dining to international shipping and flight tickets, the Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card is the one-in-all card for travel.
Features and Benefits of RAKBANK Air Arabia Platinum Credit Card
- Security: A credit card is an extremely powerful tool that is responsible for handling enormous amounts of money. Falling in the wrong hands, a credit card can greatly damage the owner’s savings, credit limit and even credit score. To prevent any such mishaps, RAKBANK credit cards come fully equipped with a three-pronged approach to card security. The Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card offers the following security features:
- Chip & Pin: The chip & pin technology is a revolutionary concept in credit card security and all RAKBANK credit cards come equipped with it. Credit cards with the technology come equipped with a microchip embedded within the card. This prevents the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card from being duplicated and misused.
- 3D Secure: To prevent online fraud and phishing attempts, the RAKBANK credit cards implement a 3D secure OTP. This 6 digit OTP is randomly generated and sent to the owner of the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card every time the card is used to make an online transaction. The OTP is sent only to the primary cardholder’s registered mobile number, without which the online transaction cannot be completed.
- SMS Alerts: A final part of these strong security protocols is the use of SMS alerts for any and all transactions. The cardholder is sent an SMS alert any time their Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card has been used to make a transaction, withdraw cash, transfer balance or issue credit card cheques.
- Balance Transfer: The Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card offers cardholders the option of transferring their outstanding balance amounts on other cards, to the RAKBANK credit card at low interest This feature can be used to help pay off dues without being charged heavy interest on the same. The balance transfer schemes are as follows:
- For the first 3 months, the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card owner is charged 0% interest on balance transfers and a processing fee of 1.95%.
- In the following months, the RAKBANK credit card owner will be charged a low interest of 3.19% per month.
- Easy Payment Plan (EPP): While RAKBANK credit cards allow the cardholder to convert large purchases into smaller monthly instalments with 0% interest and tenors of 3months – 12months, the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card also offers a second EPP option. The Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card allows cardholders to convert any transaction at airarabia.com into an EPP with 0% interest and a tenor of 12months.
- Bill Payment Options: The aptly titled ‘Easy Bill Payment’ feature of any RAKBANK credit card allows the cardholder to make repayments on their card through a number of ways. Customers can make repayments on their Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card at branches, in ATMs and EDMs, through Exchange Houses, via the digital and mobile banking portals and even telephonically through the RAKdirect service.
- Credit Card Cheque: In an innovative move to address the issue of credit cards not being accepted at every store, RAKBANK allows owners of the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card to pay in the form of credit card cheques, i.e. banker’s cheques at such stores.
- Cash Advance: Owners of the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card can avail of up to 80% of their available credit limit whenever requested. This cash is directly credited into the cardholder’s account and is invaluable during times of emergency.
- Money Transfers: RAKBANK offers its cardholders two money transfer services, RAKMoneyTransfer and Xpress Money. These highly efficient services allow owners of the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card to transfer funds internationally to 20 countries, and that too within minutes. Cardholders can transmit funds through their bank account and RAKBANK credit card
- App-based Payments: Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card members can now make payments and purchases directly via their smartphone. The Samsung Pay and Apple Pay apps allow the cardholder to pay without their RAKBANK credit card.
- Travel: In addition to the travel benefits provided by the Air Rewards loyalty program, the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card also offers cardholders the following:
- Airport Lounge Access: The Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card gives the primary cardholder unlimited, free of charge access to 25+ airport lounges at home and overseas.
- Cleartrip Discounts: Reservations made through the cleartrip.ae website can earn owners of the Air Arabia RAKBANK platinum credit card up to 30% discount on international round trip flights and on hotel bookings as well.
- Travel Insurance: This RAKBANK credit card provides complimentary travel accident insurance to the cardholder. Cardholders are eligible to receive up to as much as US$150,000 depending upon the severity of the injury and the conditions covered under the policy. Details on the various caps, covered conditions and the claims process can be found in the travel insurance policy documents on the RAKBANK website.
- Roadside Assistance & Airport Transfers: Also covered under the scope of the Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card benefits is domestic travel within the UAE. This RAKBANK credit card provides the cardholder with complimentary roadside assistance, which includes towing, repairs, battery boosting, flat tyre changing, emergency fueling, lockout aid and off-road Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card owners are also eligible for airport pick-up and drop-off services up to 6 times per year, vehicle registration, car servicing, visa submissions and much more.
- Flight Advantage: Owners of the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card can receive up to two complimentary extra baggage and meal vouchers every year on meeting certain spending requirements. The baggage vouchers allow the cardholder to carry 10 kg of extra luggage on flights.
- Car Benefits: The RAKBANK credit card benefits also extend to ground transportation. Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card members get 15% discounts on Avis Car Rental services in Europe, Africa and the Middle East and 12% discounts on Avis Car Rentals in Canada and the USA. Also offered to owners of the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card is a complimentary first ride with Careem for new riders. After which, the RAKBANK credit card holder will receive an additional 20% discount on three rides every month.
Rewards and Offers on RAKBANK Air Arabia Platinum Credit Card
Owners of the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card can avail of the following offers:
- Welcome Offer: The Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card enrols cardholders into the Air Rewards Points program. Under this program, the cardholder earns loyalty points or ‘Air Rewards Points’, which can be redeemed for flight tickets, meals, etc. New owners of an Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card are eligible to earn a welcome bonus of 15,000 points on meeting the minimum spending requirement of AED 5,000 within the first three months.
- RAKBANK Offers: Additionally, RAKBANK offers various deals and discounts on specific retail products, services and local attractions for every RAKBANK credit card. The RAKBANK credit card offers are regularly updated on their site.
- MasterCard for you: As a MasterCard partnered card, the Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card gives cardholders access to the exclusive MasterCard for you Not only does the app teach cardholders how to best utilize the various benefits of their RAKBANK credit card, but it also provides hundreds of Buy 1 Get 1 Free deals on dining, entertainment, local attractions and more across the Middle East & Africa.
- Luxury Shopping: Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card holders earn up to as much as 60% discounts on luxury shopping across the Bicester Village Shopping Collection stores across the globe. The boutiques are known to be some of the most premier locations for luxury shopping. Their product catalogue can be found on the Bicester Village Shopping Collection website.
- International Shipping: The Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card holder receives a complimentary premium 2-year membership to MyUS. MyUS is an international delivery service which consolidates multiple retail purchases into one easy to ship and cost-effective package. The RAKBANK credit card benefits also include 30% shipping discounts in the first month and 20% discounts on all international shipping thereafter for the remainder of the 2-year membership. MyUS allows users to shop at thousands of leading USA retail stores with discounted shipping options.
- Dining: Food lovers can enjoy the enormous range of dining discounts the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card affords them. Cardholders may dine at discounted rates in more than 200 partnered restaurants all over the UAE thanks to the RAKfeast program.
- Easy Payments Plans (EPP): Every RAKBANK credit card offers cardholders an option to convert their big purchases into monthly instalment plans at 0% interest and tenors of 3months, 6months, 9 months and 12 months. This is known as the Easy Payment Plan (EPP) and is available at hundreds of retail stores across the UAE. However, the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card also offers an additional EPP on airarabia.com transactions. This RAKBANK credit card benefit allows users to convert transactions at airarabia.com into 12 months EPPs at 0% interest and no processing fee.
- Purchase Protection: Any purchase made with the Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card is protected for up to 30 days from the date of purchase against accidental damage and theft. Cardholders can avail of this service for up to a maximum amount of AED 8,000 per year. Details on covered items, capped amounts and claims procedures can be found on the RAKBANK site.
The Air Rewards Points Program
Offered by Air Arabia, the Air Rewards Points program is a loyalty program that Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card owners are automatically enrolled in. Air Rewards Points can be redeemed for flight tickets, ticket upgrades, complimentary meals and more.
RAKBANK also has a welcome offer that gives new Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card customers 15,000 bonus points on meeting the minimum spending requirement of AED 5,000 within the first three months.
How to Earn Air Rewards Points
Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card owners automatically earn Air Rewards Points by using their card for purchases and bill payments. The earning categories are as follows:
- AED 5 spent on transactions at airarabia.com earns 1.75 Air Rewards Points.
- AED 5 spent on international retail purchases earns 1.75 Air Rewards Points.
- AED 5 spent on domestic retail purchases earns 1.25 Air Rewards Points.
- AED 5 spent on government services, utility or telecom bills, fuel, car rentals, transportation and real estate earn 0.30 Air Rewards Points.
How to Redeem Air Rewards Points
Owners of the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card can accumulate Air Rewards Points by simply using their card day to day. These Air Rewards Points can then be redeemed for flight tickets, seat upgrades, in-flight meals, extra baggage allowances and other flight benefits for the cardholder and family members or friends as desired.
Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card members can check on their Air Rewards Points and redeem them by simply logging into the Air Rewards portal.
Eligibility Criteria for RAKBANK Air Arabia Platinum Credit Card
Approval of the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card application is contingent on certain eligibility criteria. The RAKBANK credit card eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Age: First and foremost, Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card applicants are required to be at least 21 years of age.
- Income: The applicant will be required to show an independent source of income in the form of salary slips or a bank statement. Furthermore, RAKBANK credit cards also have a minimum monthly income requirement that needs to be met. The Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card minimum salary requirement is AED 5,000 per month.
- Credit Score: Credit bureaus in UAE consider previous payment records and borrowing histories to build a credit score. This credit score is an indicator of how risky the applicant would be as a customer. A good credit score is needed to be eligible for the Air Arabia RAKBANK platinum credit card.
- Residency: Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit cards are issued to UAE resident only. Non-residents may be required to submit additional documentation. Non-residents should contact the RAKBANK customer care number at (04)213-0000 for more information.
- Employment Information: Salaried applicants will be required to publish details of their employment and self-employed applicants will have to present their trade license to qualify for Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card.
Documents Required for RAKBANK Air Arabia Platinum Credit Card
In order to successfully complete the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card application process, customers will be required to submit the following documents:
- Emirates ID: Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card applicants will have to show proof of residency or citizenship by presenting their Emirates ID.
- Visa & Passport: The RAKBANK credit card application process requires non-UAE nationals to submit an original and photocopy of their passport and visa.
- Salary Slips: The Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card minimum salary requirement is AED 5,000 per month. As such, applicants will be required to submit their latest salary slips or bank account statement as requested.
- Address Proof: Customers cannot apply for an Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card without a valid UAE address. Applicants will be asked to submit address proof such as utility bills, tenancy agreements, lease agreements, title deeds or any other legal document that bears their name and address.
- Security Deposit: To make use of the Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card’s credit limit, customers will be asked to submit a security deposit cheque. The security deposit amount is usually higher than the offered credit limit and is kept with the bank in order to cover missed payments. It is returned to the customer on termination of the RAKBANK credit card.
- Trade License: Self-employed customers interested in applying for the Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card will also have to submit a trade license that validates their business.
Fees and Charges on RAKBANK Air Arabia Platinum Credit Card
The associated fees and charges on an Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card are as follows:
- Annual Membership Fee: AED 400*
*This annual membership fee is only charged from the second year onwards. However, Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card owners that have spent at least AED 20,000 in the previous year will be eligible for a complete waiver of the annual membership fee.
- Monthly Retail Interest: 3.45%
- Monthly Cash Advance Interest: 3.45%
- Minimum Monthly Income Required: AED 5,000
Some of the other commonly incurred charges on an Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card are:
- Late Payment Charge: AED 230
- Over-Limit Charge: AED 275
- Card Replacement Charge: AED 75
FAQs on RAKBANK Air Arabia Platinum Credit Card
Q1: What can I do with a supplementary RAKBANK Air Arabia Platinum Credit Card?
Ans: Supplementary Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit cards can be used just like a regular RAKBANK credit card. They share the same interest rates and credit limit with the primary card. Moreover, the supplementary Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit cards are completely free of charge.
Q2: How do I check my RAKBANK Air Arabia Platinum Credit Card rewards point?
Ans: The Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card grants cardholders membership into the Air Rewards Points. As part of this rewards program, the cardholder owner earns Air Rewards Points for purchases made with their RAKBANK credit card. These points may then be redeemed for flight tickets, seat upgrades, extra baggage, in-flight meals and more.
Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card owners can log in to the Air Rewards Points portal to check on their Air Rewards Points status and to redeem them.
Q3: Where can I make payments for my RAKBANK Air Arabia Platinum Credit Card?
Ans: Payments for the Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card can be made in a huge number of ways, such as:
- In any of the RAKBANK branches.
- At RAKBANK ATMs and EDMs (Electronic Deposit Machines).
- Across the various exchange houses in the UAE. Partnered exchange houses include:
- UAE Exchange
- Sharaf Exchange
- Lulu Exchange
- Al Fardan Exchange
- Al Ansari Exchange
- Redha Al Ansari Exchange
Additionally, RAKBANK credit card payments can also be made remotely in the following ways:
- Through the RAKBANK digital banking portal.
- By using the RAKBANK mobile banking app which is available on iOS and on Android.
- Via the automated voice response system, also known as RAKdirect. The RAKdirect service can be availed of by contacting 600-54-4049.
Q4: How can I cancel my RAKBANK Air Arabia Platinum Credit Card?
Ans: In order to cancel any RAKBANK credit card, the following steps need to be followed the cardholder:
Step 1: Clear any due amounts on the RAKBANK credit card. This includes outstanding balance, fees and charges.
Step 2: Submit a written request to RAKBANK for termination of the RAKBANK credit card.
Step 3: Cut up all primary and supplementary RAKBANK credit cards in half and return them to the bank.
Step 4: Request for a No Liability Certificate, which can be obtained for a small fee of AED 50.
Step 5: Wait for 45 days to receive the security deposit amount.
Q5: What do I do if my RAKBANK Air Arabia Platinum Credit Card is stolen or lost?
Ans: In the event that an Air Arabia RAKBANK Platinum credit card has been stolen or is lost, the cardholder should report the loss to RAKBANK and to police authorities immediately. RAKBANK will then block the card and issue a replacement Air Arabia Platinum RAKBANK credit card for a fee of AED 75.
If the lost RAKBANK credit card is later recovered, the cardholder should cut it up in half and return it to RAKBANK without making use of it.