With the rapid evolution in the banking sector, financial institutions keep on enhancing their products and services. For example, banks in the UAE accept online applications through websites and mobile apps. Using online services, customers can open bank accounts with ease and convenience in no time. Moving with the same pace, First Abu Dhabi Bank also launched its mobile application to offer world-class banking services and quick account access to its valued customers. First Abu Dhabi Bank or FAB bank was established in the year 2016 following the merger between First Arab Bank and National Bank of Abu Dhabi. Currently, it is one of the largest and safest banks in the UAE.
To offer a quick, reliable and convenient application process, the bank accepts current account applications through the FAB mobile app. With the mobile application, individuals can instantly open a FAB bank current account without any hassle. Additionally, they get a full online banking suite and offers on transferring salary in the account. Go through the article below for opening a current account through the FAB mobile app instantly.
Why should you open a FAB current account through the FAB Mobile App?
Along with a completely paperless process, the bank offers impeccable benefits and features on the FAB bank current account. You can open a bank account instantly and start depositing funds soon after the registration. Here are the reasons for opening a FAB current account using the FAB Mobile app.
- Using the FAB Mobile app, you can apply for various FAB accounts and credit cards with zero paperwork.
- When applying for FAB bank accounts using the mobile app, you don’t need to visit the bank in person, saving your time and effort.
- With numerous stages of security checks, the mobile application provides the utmost safety and reliability while performing transactions.
- Using the FAB mobile app, you get exclusive access to Shop Smart offers, providing you unmatched discounts on your favourite brands.
- When in need of a supplementary card, you can apply instantly without any hassle and receive the card at your registered address.
- With the FAB Mobile app, you can manage your account, pay bills online, apply for credit cards and transfer funds from your account with convenience and safety.
- In addition, you get a full suite of banking services, loan and savings management along with cashback and reward offers.
Features and Benefits of FAB Bank Current Account
When you open the FAB bank current account using the FAB mobile app, you get numerous features and benefits suiting your banking requirements. Some of them are mentioned below -
- Monthly Income - For opening a FAB bank current account using the mobile application, you need a monthly income of AED 3,000 or above.
- Free Chequebook - With the FAB bank current account, you get the first chequebook free of charge. You need to pay a nominal fee for additional chequebooks.
- Complimentary Debit Card - The bank offers a free internationally accepted debit card to access funds on the go. You can use the debit card to withdraw cash, transfer funds through ATMs and deposit money at CCDMs.
- Debit Card Purchase Protection - With your FAB current account debit card, you get purchase protection of up to 1,000 USD every year. In case you receive a faulty item or delivery delay of more than 30 days, the card covers the repair and replacement expenses.
- High Withdrawal Limit - The FAB bank offers a high daily withdrawal limit of up to AED 15,000 and a daily purchase limit of AED 40,000.
- Free Instant Money Transfers to Selected Countries using FAB Mobile App - The FAB current account holders can instantly transfer money to India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the Philippines.
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access - With the FAB MasterCard International debit card, you get complimentary access to premium airport lounges at selected airports.
Who is eligible to apply for the FAB Current Account?
In order to apply for a FAB current account, you need to satisfy a few eligibility criteria as per the bank’s requirements. Among various criteria, you need to fulfil the age, salary and residency requirements as given below.
- Minimum Age - To open a FAB bank account, you must be 18 years old or above.
- Salary Requirements - For opening and operating the bank account without any charges, you need to have a minimum monthly income of AED 3,000 or above.
- Employment Status - A working professional, self-employed or a non-working individual can apply for the FAB bank account.
- Residency - To open a FAB bank current account, you need to be a UAE national or a resident. While opening the bank account using the FAB mobile application, you need to enter your Emirates ID.
What are the documents required to open the FAB bank current account?
Once you have ensured your eligibility, you need to submit a few documents pertaining to your identity, residence and income proof. Following is the list of documents you need to submit while applying for the FAB bank current account.
- A valid passport of the applicant in original and its copy
- A valid Emirates ID in original and its copy for the record and verification
- Income proof (income certificate from the current employer or the latest salary slip)
- A duly filled application form (if applying offline)
How to Open a FAB bank current account using the FAB Mobile app?
Opening the FAB bank current account through the mobile application is easy, quick and reliable. All you need is a mobile phone to download the FAB Mobile app and an Emirates ID. With online registration through the app, you don’t have to visit the bank branch and your account also gets activated instantly. Follow the steps below to open a FAB current account through the mobile app.
- Download the FAB Mobile application from the App Store or the Play Store based on your device. You can also visit the bank’s official website and scan the QR code to acquire the downloading link.
- Once the app is downloaded, enter your contact and personal details to register yourself on the FAB Mobile application.
- Subsequently, you need to upload your passport or Emirates ID as an identity proof to move to the next process.
- Once you have successfully registered, you can choose the type of account you wish to open. To open a FAB bank current account, you need to select the current account type.
- Later, you need to enter details related to your address and employment as per the requirements of the FAB current account.
- After entering the details, you need to finally submit the online form.
- The account opens instantly, and you can deposit funds into the account.
Apart from account opening, you can also apply for various other products like credit cards and access services like fetching account balance, managing beneficiaries and a lot more.
Daily Transaction Limit on FAB Bank Current Account Debit Card
The following table depicts the transaction limits on FAB bank current account debit card.
|Debit Card Type
||Daily Withdrawal Limit
||Daily Online Transaction Limit
|FAB Standard Debit Card
|FAB Platinum Debit Card
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: What is the minimum salary required to open a FAB current account in the UAE?
Ans: To open a FAB bank current account, you need to have a minimum monthly income of AED 3,000 or above.
Q2: How can I download the FAB Mobile application?
Ans: For downloading the FAB Mobile application, you can visit App Store or the Google Play Store. The application is available on both iOS and Android platforms. You can also visit the bank’s website and scan the QR code using your mobile’s camera, which will redirect you to the downloading link.
Q3: What documents do I require while opening a current account through the FAB mobile Application?
Ans: To open the FAB current account via the mobile application, you only need Emirates ID or a passport.