The Voyager line of Najm credit cards is designed specifically for travel, both locally and internationally. From hotel room discounts to complimentary flight tickets and more, the owners of the Voyager Signature Najm card travel like never before.
Najm is a subsidiary of the impressive MAF Group (Majid Al Futtaim Group) and has managed to capture the UAE market with its combination of innovative banking practices and top of the line Najm credit cards. The MAF group made more than $750 million in profits in 2016 and continues to grow bigger still.
Features of the Najm Voyager Signature Credit Card
A Voyager Signature Najm credit card offers the cardholder access to the world-class Najm card features, such as:
- Easy Payment Plan: Large purchases can be daunting. However, with the Voyager Signature Najm credit card, cardholders can tackle large expenditures responsibly with the Najm Easy Payment Plan (EPP). The Najm card EPP allows the cardholders to convert large expenses into monthly installments at 0% interest. The EPP installments can be paid off in tenures of 3 months – 12 months and require a minimum spend of AED 500 to be availed of. The Voyager Signature Najm card offers EPP for select vendors only.
- Balance Transfers: Cardholders may transfer up to 80% of their available Voyager Infinite Najm card credit limit from other cards to pay off as equal monthly instalments at 0% interest. Balance transfers are applicable for amounts of AED 2,000 or more and can be used to effectively clear debt without any extra charge.
- Supplementary Cards: Owners of the Voyager Signature Najm credit card may request for up to 5 supplementary Najm cards for their family members, with no issuance fee. The supplementary Voyager Signature Najm card offers family members of the primary cardholder access to a shared credit limit, among various Najm card benefits and more.
- Emergency Funds: Members of the Voyager Signature Najm credit card can request for as much as 80% of their available Najm card credit limit to be credited directly into their bank account. This Najm credit card feature is known as ‘Loan on Phone’ and can be availed for minimum amounts of AED 1,000, which can be repaid at nominal interest rates over tenors of 3 months – 36 months.
- Cash Advance: Another way for cardholders to access emergency funds through their Voyager Signature Najm card is through the cash advance feature. Cash advances refer to ATM withdrawals at ATMs that have a Cirrus logo, made through the Najm credit card. Cardholders can withdraw a maximum of 25% of their available Voyager Signature Najm card credit limit.
Benefits of the Najm Voyager Signature Credit Card
The Voyager Signature Najm card offers some of the most diverse and rewarding benefits in the UAE. The Najm card benefits are:
- Voyager Portal Benefits: Voyager Signature Najm card members can avail of the following discounts through the Voyager Portal:
- Up to 50% discounts on travel expenses, dining and more.
- Up to 9% discount on hotel stays.
- Dining Discounts: Cardholders can avail of big discounts across airports dining establishments across the world through the Dine & Fly mobile app. Offered exclusively to Najm credit card owners, the mobile app can be downloaded for Android and iOS alike.
- Movie Discounts: Members of the Voyager Signature Najm card can also enjoy complimentary movie tickets and popcorn at VOX cinemas, thanks to a Buy 1 Get 1 Free offer. Cardholders may avail of the Najm card offer up to twice in a month, for tickets and medium popcorn alike.
- The Visa Advantage: As suggested by the name, this Voyager Signature Najm credit card is a Visa Signature partnered card. As a Visa Signature card, the Najm card enjoys the following benefits:
- Airport Lounge Access: Cardholders receive 12 complimentary visits per year to 850+ lounges in airports all over the globe. The partnered airport lounge locations can be found on the Loungekey
- Concierge: The Voyager Signature Najm credit card offers cardholders access to an around the clock concierge service. The concierge aids cardholders in making flight reservations, hotel bookings and organizing tickets to various attractions and events.
- Golfing: Members of the Voyager Signature Najm credit card are also offered a 30% discount on the pristine 9-hole Jebel Ali Golf Resort. Cardholders can avail of the discount midweek after 1 pm.
- Travel Insurance: Visa offers owners of the Voyager Signature Najm card a complimentary multi-trip travel insurance policy, to protect them for local and international trips alike. The insurance plan includes personal accident coverage of up to US$ 500,000, emergency medical expense coverage of up to US$ 150,000 and much more. The full range of services can be perused through on the Najm website.
- Purchase Protection: Purchases made with the Voyager Signature Najm credit card are protected against theft, loss and damage for up to a year from the date of purchase via the Visa Purchase Protection service. Cardholders may avail of the service to replace or repair damaged and lost items for up to US$ 6,000 per transaction and up to US$ 20,000 per year.
- Extended Warranty: Items purchased with the Voyager Signature Najm card care are protected with an extended warranty, for a maximum time period of 2 years. Cardholders are covered for up to US$ 3,500 per transaction and up to US$ 20,000 per year.
- Apple Pay: Najm Credit card users can use Apple pay on their iphones and apple watches enabling cardholders to save time as there is no need to stand in the long queues at the cash register anymore. It is easy, it is efficient and it is a lot more faster than swiping credit cards. This secure payment method allows cardholders to make purchases using a unique transaction code. It is contact less as it uses FaceID or TouchID and is accepted at most shopping and dining outlets in the country.
- Samsung Pay: Cardholders are given the option to load their Voyager Signature Najm credit card directly onto their Samsung smartphone via the Samsung Pay app. It is a highly convenient and efficient method of payment. Credit card users can visit the rewards and offers section on the Najm official website to check the list of eligible Samsung devices.
Rewards and Offers of the Najm Voyager Signature Credit Card
There are numerous reasons why a person may choose the Voyager Signature Najm credit card in addition to the previously mentioned Najm card benefits. Some of these reasons are:
Peace of Mind: The Voyager Signature Najm card offers cardholders comprehensive protections in the following manner:
- Travel Insurance: As a Visa Signature card, the Voyager Signature Najm card owner is offered complimentary multi-travel insurance.
- International Support: No matter where the Voyager Signature Najm credit card member is in the world, they can rely on the Najm Global Emergency Assistance service to report lost cards, replace Najm cards and access emergency funds.
- Lifestyle Protection (LSP): Cardholders can further protect their Najm card payments against unforeseen circumstances through the low-cost LSP service. Najm Lifestyle Protection offers coverage for:
- Death: Wherein the cardholder’s outstanding Najm card balance is covered up to AED 100,000.
- Permanent Total Disabilities: Wherein the cardholder’s outstanding Najm credit card balance is covered up to AED 100,000.
- Critical Illnesses: Wherein the cardholder’s outstanding Najm card balance is covered up to AED 100,000.
- Involuntary Loss of Employment: Wherein the cardholder’s outstanding Najm credit card balance is covered up to AED 4,000 per month for at most 12 months.
- Hospitalization: Wherein the cardholder’s outstanding Najm card balance is covered up to AED 200 per day for up to 60 days.
Travel Advantage: An incredible line of Najm card benefits for travel has helped brand the Voyager Signature Najm credit card as one of the top travel cards in the UAE. From discounted flight bookings to travel insurance and more, the Voyager Signature Najm card is a frequent traveller’s best friend.
As one of the most exclusive Najm cards, the Voyager Signature Najm credit card offers incredible deals such as:
Welcome Rewards: New Voyager Signature Najm card owners can unlock the following welcome rewards by meeting a spending requirement of AED 15,000 within the first two months:
- Voyager Rewards worth AED 750 = 75,000 Voyager Rewards.
- A bonus of 15,000 Voyager Rewards.
Additionally, Voyager Signature Najm credit card member will also receive 30,000 Voyager Rewards on paying their annual membership fee.
Najm Lifestyle Offers: Cardholders should also regularly check on the Najm Lifestyle offers for deals on dining, shopping and health & wellness offers. These Najm card offers may be viewed on the Najm website.
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required for the Najm Voyager Signature Credit Card
Eligibiilty Criteria: Voyager Signature Najm credit cards can be successfully applied for by meeting the following eligibility criteria:
- Age: While supplementary Voyager Signature Najm card applicants can be as young as 18 years of age, the primary applicant must be at least 21 years.
- Minimum Salary: Applicants will be asked to submit their employer and salary details to Najm in order to qualify for the Voyager Signature Najm credit card. The minimum monthly income requirement for the Voyager Signature Najm card is AED 12,000.
- Credit History: Najm may share certain personal details of the applicant with a credit bureau, in order t asses their past payment history. Credit history plays an important role in the Voyager Signature Najm credit card application process.
- Residence: As the Voyager Signature Najm card is offered only to UAE residents, applicants will also be required to submit valid ID and address proofs for the same.
Documents Required: The documents required to apply for a Voyager Signature Najm card are:
- An Emirates ID.
- A passport copy with the visa page clearly displayed.
- An original salary slip or salary certificate issued by the applicant’s organization.
- The latest month’s bank statement of the applicant’s personal account.
- A mini statement of the applicant’s salary account.
- A security deposit in the form of an undated cheque.
- An additional ID proof (UAE E-Gate pass, labour pass, company ID card, etc).
Voyager Signature Najm credit card applicants who are self-employed will also have to submit:
- A trade license bearing the applicant’s name.
- Ownership proof for the organization, which can be shown through:
- A Power of Attorney; or
- A Memorandum of Association; or
- A partnership’s percentage share.
- A business tenancy deed in the organization’s name.
- Instead of submitting personal and mini account statements, the self-employed Najm card applicant will have to submit any of the following:
- Latest 3 months of bank statements for the organization; or
- Latest 3 months of bank statements for the applicant’s personal account; or
- A bank-attested copy of the company’s bank statement.
Najm Voyager Signature Credit Card Fees & Charges
Some of the most crucial Voyager Signature Najm credit card fees and charges are as follows:
- Annual Membership Fee: AED 523.95
- Minimum Monthly Income: AED 12,000
- Retail Interest (Monthly): 3.25% - 3.79% *
* Cardholders can maintain a 3.25% interest rate on their Voyager Signature Najm card by making monthly Najm card payments of 80% or more of the outstanding balance.
- Cash Advance Interest (Monthly): 3 % or AED 90 whichever is higher
- Foreign Currency Rate: 3 %
Other fees and charges applicable on this Najm card can be found on the Najm website.
FAQs on Najm Voyager Signature Credit Card
Q1: How many supplementary Najm Voyager Signature cards can I get and what are their charges?
Ans: The Voyager Signature Najm credit card offers cardholders up to 5 supplementary cards free of charge. These supplementary Najm cards can be used to access a shared credit limit and can also be set with limits on spending to monitor spending.
Supplementary Voyager Signature Najm cards are issued to family members of the primary cardholder.
Q2: Is it possible for me to calculate my monthly Voyager Rewards?
Ans: Najm offers new applicants and existing holders of the Voyager Signature Najm credit card access to a Voyager Rewards calculator, which can be used to accurately assess how many monthly Voyager Rewards the customer will earn.
The Voyager Rewards calculator is available on the Najm Voyager Signature credit card page itself.
Q3: Where can I make my Najm Voyager Signature Credit Card payments?
Ans: The Voyager Signature Najm credit card payments can be made through:
Najm Card Online Banking: The online banking Najm card login can be accessed through the Najm website or through the Najm Android and iOS mobile apps.
- Online banking portals for other credit card issuers such as Emirates NBD (BankNET), Mashreq Bank (Mashreq Easy Pay), HSBC Bank (HSBC Online) and Citibank (Citibank Online)
- Exchanges houses such as UAE Exchange, Al Fardan Exchange, Al Ghurair Exchange, Al Ansari Exchange and Redha Al Ansari Exchange.
- ENOC and EPPCO convenience stores.
- Postal delivery in the form of a cheque, made out to ‘Majid AL Futtaim Finance LLC’ at PO Box 35995, Dubai, UAE.
Locations for all the Najm card payment outlets can be found on the Najm site.
Q4: What process am I supposed to follow if my Najm Voyager Signature Credit Card is misplaced?
Ans: If a Voyager Signature Najm credit card is lost or stolen, the cardholder should immediately contact Najm card customer care and inform them of the loss. Following which, the cardholder should also alert police authorities in the region. The customer care Najm card contact number is 600-57-6256.
Najm issues replacement Voyager Signature Najm cards for a fee of AED 78.75.
In the event that a misplaced Najm card is recovered by a cardholder, they are supposed to cut it in half and return both halves to Najm without making use of the card.
Q5: Who do I contact in order to cancel my Najm Voyager Signature Credit Card?
Ans: In order the cancel the Voyager Signature Najm card, the cardholder is required to submit written confirmation to Najm along with any primary and supplementary Najm credit cards in their possession. Note that cancellation of the Voyager Signature Najm card will only be processed after all outstanding dues and charges on the card have been cleared in full.
Once the request has been processed, Najm will retain the cardholder’s security deposit for an additional 60 days. Owners of the Voyager Signature Najm credit card should also request for a Liability Letter from Najm, which clears them of liability against the card. It can be obtained for AED 52.50.