The Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card, as the name suggests, offers cardholders an amazing variety of savings in the form of cash backs and discounts. Najm credit cards have a long history of excellence in the UAE, with some even being recognized as the best credit card in the UAE by Banker Middle East in 2017.
Najm is the consumer finance arm of Majid Al Futtaim Finance LLC, which was established in 1992 and currently operates in 13 countries across the globe. In 2016, the Majid Al Futtaim Group boasted of an impressive revenue of US$ 8 billion. The group operates shopping malls, hotels and consumer finance in the form of the Najm credit cards across the UAE.
Features of the Najm Platinum Plus Cashback Credit Card
The Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card leverages the card issuer’s focus on innovation and customer satisfaction to provide cardholders with some of the most premium card features in the UAE. A few of the features this Najm card offers are:
- Najm Balance Transfers: Members of the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit card may transfer as much as 80% of the available credit limit from their other cards and avail of the 0% interest balance transfer feature. Cardholders pay no interest on these balance transfers for the entire tenure, allowing them to easily clear away the past. The Najm card offers balance transfers for amounts of AED 2,000 or more only.
- Utility Bill Payments: The Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit card can be used to directly settle utility bill payments online. Najm cards are accepted at leading government service providers such as Salik, RTA, Du and many more. From school fees to traffic fines, nearly every utility service can be settled with Najm card payments.
- Najm Easy Payment Plans: Purchases on the Najm credit card which are above AED 500 can be converted into Easy Payment Plans, which allows the cardholder to repay the full amount as small monthly installments instead of a bulky one-time payment. The Najm card Easy Payment Plans charge 0% interest and can be availed of for tenors of 3months - 12months. The Najm EPP is applicable at select locations only.
- Najm Easy Loans: Najm addresses the need for quick emergency cash with their Easy Loans feature. Owners of the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card can request for 80% of their credit limit as instant cash credited into their account. The cash loan can be repaid for as monthly installments with tenors of 3 months - 36 months and no processing fee. The Easy Loan Najm credit card feature is available for amounts of AED 1,000 or more.
- MyGuard Insurance: Offered to all Najm card owners as an automatically enrolled service, the MyGuard insurance policy indemnifies cardholders from Najm card payments in the event of unexpected and unfortunate scenarios. The MyGuard insurance is provided free of cost for the first 2 months, after which it costs the cardholder 0.99% of their outstanding Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit card Coverage offered under the MyGuard policy is:
- Permanent Total Disability - Up to AED 100,000 of the outstanding Najm card
- Death - Up to AED 100,000 of the outstanding Najm credit card
- Terminal & Critical Illness - Up to AED 100,000 of the outstanding Najm credit card
- Involuntary Loss of Employment - Loss of job will ensure credit card holders get a cover of 10 % of the outstanding balance from the date of the event up to per card user for a maximum tenure of 12 months. Get a free ticket back home country in the event of loss of employment.
- Ticket Home (in the case of involuntary loss of employment) - Up to AED 2,000 per Najm card
- Hospitalization - Up to AED 200 per day and capped at 60 days in a year for hospitalization up to at least 24 hours.
Benefits of the Najm Platinum Plus Cashback Credit Card
The Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card benefits include huge saving opportunities and more. These Najm card benefits are:
- Apple Pay: Najm Credit card users can use Apple pay on their iphones and apple watches enabling cardholders to save time while making payments or shopping. It is easy, it is efficient and it is a lot more faster than swiping credit cards. This secure payment method allows cardholders to make purchases using a unique transaction code. It is contact less as it uses FaceID or TouchID and is accepted at most shopping and dining outlets in the country.
- Samsung Pay: As a Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card owner, the cardholder can make payments directly through the Samsung Pay mobile app. The Samsung Pay app is available on numerous Samsung smartphones and smart-watches. Credit card users can find the list of eligible Samsung devices that come with this benefit at Najm.ae.
- Movie Deals: Another Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card benefit is the Buy 1 Get 1 Free movie ticket deal at VOX Cinemas. Najm credit card owners receive 2 free movie tickets and complimentary medium sized popcorns every month on purchasing a ticket and medium popcorn respectively. Najm credit card members should visit the VOX website in order to avail of the complimentary movie tickets.
- Travel Concessions: Najm’s Voyager travel portal is an all in one travel booking platform. Owners of the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card are offered a 9% discount on Expedia Hotel bookings and as much as 50% discount on travel bookings made through the Najm Voyager Travel Portal.
- Najm Offers: Additionally, members of the Platinum Plus Najm credit card are offered up to 30% discount on shopping, dining and health & wellness services by Najm itself. The available dining offers, shopping discounts and health & wellness promotions can be found on the Najm website itself.
- Visa Discounts: As a Visa Platinum card, the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card benefits also include a host of Visa discounts and offers such as:
- Travel Benefits
- The Visa Platinum Plus Cashback Najm bank card offers cardholders dining discounts in hundreds of airport restaurants. The offers can be utilized through the DragonPass app, which can be downloaded on Android and iOS phones alike.
- Hotel booking discounts of up to 10% across globally partnered Agoda hotels.
- Najm card owners are given a 15% discount on airport meet and greet services, arrival visa services, airport limo bookings and more.
- Cardholders receive a 10% car rental discount at Avis Car Rentals for domestic and international rentals both.
- Access to VIP guest status at global Visa luxury hotels. VIP status grants Najm credit card owners access to discounted room rates, automatic upgrades and more.
- Lifestyle Benefits
- VOX Cinemas discount of 50% on Sundays.
- Roxy Cinemas discounts of 20% from Sundays to Thursdays.
- A 20% discount on Meraas Lesiure and Entertainment destinations at select locations.
- Golfing discounts at 10+ ranges.
- Dining Benefits
- Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card members receive a 20% discount on Time Out Dining establishments.
- Cardholders receive a 20% discounts on Meeras Food & Beverage shops at select locations.
- Members of the Najm credit card are also eligible for a 20% discount on stays and dining across Jumeirah Group Hotels.
- Purchases made with the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card are protected against damage and theft for a maximum of AED 5,000 per item and AED 20,000 per year.
- Cardholders are provided extended warranties on all purchases, for a maximum of AED 2,500 per purchase and AED 5,000 per year.
- Owners of the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit card also receive a 10% discount on shopping at select Chic Outlets
Additional details on applicable Visa offers for the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card can be found on the Visa website.
Offers and Rewards of the Najm Platinum Plus Cashback Credit Card
Besides the many Najm card benefits, some of the top reasons that UAE residents choose the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit card are due to its many rewards programs. Mentioned below are the Najm Platinum Plus Cashback Credit Card offers:
- Huge Savings: The most lucrative Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card benefit is the enormous saving potential it offers cardholders. Owners of this Najm card can save up to AED 500 month on month. Furthermore, Najm credit card members and non-members can even calculate their estimated monthly and yearly savings via the cash back calculator available on the Najm website.
- Regular Offers: Owners of the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit card are given a range of offers provided by Najm and Visa both. These offers are regularly updated and carry exciting deals and discounts on lifestyle, shopping, travel and more. Najm card offers and the Visa offers can be found on their respective websites.
- Maintaining Low Interest: The Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card has a low monthly interest of 3.25% and can be maintained at the same level by cardholders. By making a minimum monthly payment of at least 80%, cardholders can continue to enjoy this preferential interest rate every month.
The currently active Najm card offers are as follows:
- Welcome Offer: New Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit card owners are offered AED 400 cash back as a welcome gift.
- Cleartrip Offer: Get 0 % easy payment plan for a period of 6 months on air ticket bookings as well as hotel reservations made through cleartrip.ae. The offer is valid on bookings over AED 1,000.
- VLCC Offer: Enjoy 0 % interest rate on 3 to 6 months by spending AED 2,500 or more at VLCC or their affiliated services.
- Baskin Robbins Offer: Najm credit card users can enjoy a junior scoop along by buying 1 Emlaaq Sundae across Baskin Robins outlets in the UAE. Enjoy a discount of AED 25 on Baskin Robins ice cream cake worth AED 132 in all Baskin Robins outlets across the UAE.
Eligibility Criteria and Documents required for the Najm Platinum Plus Cashback Credit Card
The Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card offers cardholders a world of benefits in exchange for a reasonable annual fee. Qualifying for this Najm card is dependent on the following eligibility criteria:
- Age: All Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit card applicants are required to be a minimum of 21 years of age. However, applicants as young as 18 can still qualify for a supplementary Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card and enjoy its benefits.
- Employment Information: The applicant is required to submit the details of their employment, from employer information to pay slips and more. The applicant’s monthly income will be assessed to ensure they will be able to meet the repayment criteria on their Najm credit card.
- Credit History: Najm clearly states that some of the applicant’s personal information will be shared with a credit bureau in order to calculate their credit score. The applicant’s credit history plays a huge role in determining eligibility for the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card.
- UAE Residency: Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit card applicants are required to be residents of the UAE. In fact, cardholders that are leaving the country for good are also asked to return their primary and supplementary Najm cards and follow the cancellation formalities.
In order to complete the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card online application, applicants will be required to submit the following documentation:
- A valid Emirates ID.
- Mini statement for their salary account.
- An original salary certificate.
- Copy of their passport with the visa page.
- A second form of ID. (This can be a labour card, UAE E-gate pass or company issued ID cards)
- An original bank statement for the latest month.
Self-employed Najm credit card applicants will require all of the above document from 1-5, and the following as well:
- A trade license in their name.
- A power of attorney, memorandum of association or proof of percentage share in the organization’s partnership.
- A business tenancy contract in name of the applicant’s organization.
- The 3 latest months of the original company or personal bank account statements.
All the above mentioned information is subject to change according to the bank’s discretion. The bank also has the sole right to determine eligibility.
Najm Platinum Plus Cashback Credit Card Fees & Charges
Important fees and charges applicable on the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit card are as follows:
- Annual Membership Fee: AED 420
- Retail Interest (Monthly): 3.25% to 3.79% *
* The retail interest depends on the previous 3 months of Najm credit card payments. Cardholders that maintain monthly payments of 80% or more get 3.25% interest in the following 3 months as well.
- Cash Advance Interest (Monthly): 3.75%
- Foreign Currency Rate: 3 %
- Balance Transfer Fee: 5 %
The other fees and charges on this Najm card can be found on the Najm site under the ‘Schedule of Fees & Charges’.
FAQs on Najm Platinum Plus Cashback Credit Card
Q1: How many supplementary Najm Platinum Plus Cashback Credit Cards can I have?
Ans: Cardholders can apply for as many as 5 supplementary Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit cards, to share with their family members. The supplementary Najm cards are available free of charge and share a common credit limit with the primary Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit card. The supplementary Najm cards can even be set with a spending limit as per the primary cardholder’s request.
Q2: How much cash back can I earn in a year with the Najm Platinum Plus Cashback Credit Card?
Ans: Cardholders can accurately estimate just how much cash back they will earn through their Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card by using the Najm provided cash back calculator.
The Najm credit card cash back calculator can be found on the Najm Platinum Plus Cashback credit card page itself.
Q3: How do I make the Najm Platinum Plus Cashback Credit Card payments?
Ans: The Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card payments can be made in the following way:
- Najm Mobile Banking
- All Najm credit card payments can be made securely and conveniently through Najm mobile banking. The app can be downloaded for Android and iOS via the respective app stores.
- Emirates NBD
- The Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card payments can be made at any of the Emirates NBD ATMs and Cash & Cheque Deposit Machines (CCDMs).
- Online Banking
Cardholders have the option of completing payments for their Najm card online. This can be done at:
- Emirates NBD - Through the BankNet online portal.
- Mashreq Bank - Through the Mashreq Easy Pay online portal.
- HSBC Bank - Through the HSBC online banking portal.
- Citibank - Through the Citibank Online portal.
- Exchange Houses
Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit card payments can be made at any of the exchange house branches for
- UAE exchange,
- Al Ansari exchange,
- Redha Al Ansari Exchange,
- Al Ghurair Exchange and
- Al Fardan Exchange.
- Convenience Stores
- Owners of the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card can also make payments at select ENOC and EPPCO convenience stores.
- Via Mail
- Alternatively, card members may make their Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card payments through the mail, via cheque. The cheque must be made payable to Majid Al FUttaim Finance LLC. The mailing address is P.O. Box 35995, Dubai, UAE.
Locations of the various Najm credit card payment centres can be found in detail on the Najm website.
Q4: What do I do if my Najm Platinum Plus Cashback Credit Card has been stolen or lost?
Ans: In case the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm card is misplaced, the cardholder is requested to immediately inform Najm card customer care as well as local police in the area. The Najm credit card customer care number is 600-57-6256.
Replacement Platinum Plus Cashback Nam credit cards are issued for a fee of AED 78.75 and can be requested for through the Najm card contact number mentioned above. If the lost Najm card is later recovered, the cardholder should refrain from using it and return it to Najm cut in half.
Q5: How do I cancel my Najm Platinum Plus Cashback Credit Card?
Ans: To cancel the Platinum Plus Cashback Najm credit card, the cardholder must submit a written request for cancellation of the card to Najm. In addition to this written confirmation, the cardholder is also required to return their primary and supplementary Najm cards cut in half, back to Najm.
Najm card owners will also have to clear any outstanding dues on their card in order to successfully initiate the cancellation request. Once the card has been cancelled, Najm will retain the security deposit for a minimum of 60 days.
It is further recommended that the Najm credit card member also requests for a Liability Letter from Najm, which clears them of all liability against the card. This can be obtained for a fee of AED 52.50.