HSBC Black Credit Card
About the HSBC Black Credit Card
HSBC, named after the initials of its founding member – the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd, is correctly regarded as one of the world’s omnipresent financial giants. HSBC credit cards are renowned world over for their exceptional incentives and reliable banking processes. However, despite the bank’s stellar reputation, most people are unaware of the long history of HSBC credit cards in UAE.
HSBC has been in the Middle East since as early as 1946, initially known as The Imperial Bank of Iran. After its eventual rebranding to HSBC, the bank continued to rapidly expand, finally setting up a regional office in the UAE to better serve its Middle East customer base. In fact, the Black HSBC credit card is one of the region’s most exclusive cards. This HSBC UAE credit card offers cardholders immense benefits, on land, in the air, locally and internationally alike.
Features of the HSBC Black Credit Card
The features offered on an HSBC credit card are amongst some of the best in the world and are often used as templates by other institutions to reward their customers. Some of the most useful features of an HSBC credit card in UAE are:
Leading Security Standards
An HSBC UAE credit card offers some of the best standards of card security in the market today. The Black HSBC credit card comes equipped with security protocols provided directly by the global payment networks of Visa and MasterCard. Cardholders can make secured payments in person and online at any vendor that display either the ‘Verified by Visa’ or the ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ logo.
Balance Transfer Facilities
Owners of the Black HSBC credit card in UAE can transfer their outstanding balance amounts from other cards onto their HSBC credit card in order to avail of the 0% interest balance transfer facilities. Cardholders are offered the 0% interest HSBC credit card balance transfer services for tenors of 6months, 12 months or 24 months. The HSBC credit card balance transfer can be initiated either through the online portal or via phone.
- Online Application: Available through the HSBC credit card login.
- Telephonically: Alternatively, customers may contact customer care to avail of the HSBC credit card balance transfer. Customer care can be contacted at 800-4320 within the UAE and at (+971)4-224-1000 from outside the UAE.
Cardholders can convert any purchase on their Black HSBC UAE credit card into low-interest monthly instalments through an HSBC cash instalment plan. The HSBC credit card cash instalment plans are available for tenors of 6 months, 12 months and 24 months at monthly interest rates as low as 0.75%. Cash instalment plans can be initiated in the exact same way as the previously mentioned HSBC credit card balance transfer facility, i.e. online and via phone.
As a premier HSBC UAE credit card, the Black HSBC credit card enjoys international benefits in addition to its immense global acceptance. While most credit card ATM withdrawals incur a cash advance fee and cash advance interest on the transaction amount, the Black HSBC credit card does not charge any cash advance fee and carries a minimal cash advance interest of 2.75%.
All HSBC credit cards in UAE qualify for the card-less purchasing mobile apps, namely Samsung Pay and Apple Pay. The Samsung Pay app allows the cardholder to store their HSBC credit card on their smartphone and pay at eligible vendors directly through the mobile app itself. The Apply Pay app works in a similar manner, albeit through iPhones and Apple Watch devices.
Benefits of the HSBC Black Credit Card
The Black HSBC UAE credit card offers cardholders benefits ranging from local dining discounts to international travel incentives in the form of air miles and flight discounts. The benefits offered by the Black HSBC credit card are:
Air Miles Loyalty Program
Members of the Black HSBC credit card in UAE are enrolled in the HSBC loyalty program, which is called Air Miles rewards. As an Air Miles rewards participant, the HSBC credit card owner earns miles for purchases made with the card. These miles can be redeemed for flight tickets, hotel reservations, retail purchases, grocery shopping and a lot more. Additional information on the HSBC credit card rewards program is provided in a later section labelled ‘The HSBC Credit Card Air Miles Program’.
Airport Lounge Access
The Black HSBC UAE credit card grants cardholders and one additional guest access to more than 900 airport lounges across the globe. Both primary and supplementary HSBC credit card members can avail of the complimentary airport lounge passes. The Black HSBC UAE credit card offers unlimited free-of-charge access at partnered airports.
As part of the MasterCard World line of cards, HSBC credit card owners can avail of 10% discounts on any international round trip flight that has been booked through cleartrip.ae by using the promo code ‘MCWORLD’.
Additionally, the Black HSBC UAE credit card offers cardholders Gold Tier membership into the Qatar Airways frequent flyer program – aka the Qatar Airways Privilege Club. The benefits of a Gold Tier membership include priority check-ins, extra baggage allowances and complimentary lounge access for the HSBC credit card member and an accompanying guest. These benefits are also extended to other airlines that are part of the oneworld alliance, which include British Airways, American Airlines, Qantas and many more.
HSBC credit card owners are offered an impressive range of discounts and complimentary nights for premium hotels and resorts all over the world. The benefits include:
- Expedia Discounts: The Black HSBC UAE credit card provides customers with a 10% discount on hotel reservations made through Expedia.com. Cardholders are also given an entire year’s Expedia+ Gold membership free of charge, through which the HSBC credit card member is eligible for complimentary room upgrades and tons of additional offers.
- Agoda Discounts: With over 180,000 partnered hotels across the globe, Agoda is a mammoth hotel reservations provider that members of the Black HSBC credit card in UAE can benefit from. Cardholders are offered a 7% discount for hotel bookings made through Agoda.com.
- Starwood Hotel & Resorts Stays: Owners of the Black HSBC credit card in UAE are given membership to the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) loyalty program. As an SPG member, the HSBC credit card holder can earn complimentary nights of stay at over 175 Starwood Hotels & Resorts establishments across the world.
- Cardholders that book 2 nights of stay earn their 3rd night’s stay free.
- Cardholders that book 3 nights of stay earn their 4th night’s stay free.
- Cardholders that book 4 nights of stay earn their 5th and 6th night’s stays free.
Starwood Hotel & Resorts properties include premier hotels such as Le Meridien, Westin, Sheraton and many more. The full list of partnered hotels and resorts available to the Black HSBC UAE credit card owners can be found on the HSBC site.
- Soneva Stays: The resort located in beautiful Thailand – Soneva, offers a picturesque outlook of the glistening Indian Ocean and eco-friendly luxury accommodations to its customers, creating a complete paradise of a vacation destination. Cardholders of the Black HSBC credit card in UAE receive:
- 2 free nights of stay at a one-room villa in the Soneva Fushi resort or the Soneva Kiri resort; and
- A choice of either Sonu’s Picnic package at the Soneva Fushi resort or the Private Cinema Paradiso package at the Soneva Kiri resort.
Members of the Black HSBC credit card can avail of this special offer via the MasterCard site.
- Global Hotel Alliance Membership: The Black HSBC UAE credit card offers cardholders free DISCOVERY Black membership to the Global Hotel Alliance. The Global Hotel Alliance loyalty program offers HSBC credit card owners early check-ins, late check-outs, double room upgrades and assured room availability for bookings made 24 hours in advance. The Global Hotel Alliance contains dozens of premier hotels.
- Luxury Stays: Customers can use their Black HSBC UAE credit card to book luxury apartment stays at the following locations for up to 15% discounts:
- At 2,500+ onefinestay locations in New York, Los Angeles, London, Paris and Rome.
- At the Grosvenor House in Dubai.
- At 25+ Oakwood locations across the Asia Pacific region.
Additional details can be found on the MasterCard site.
- Ministry of Villas Stays: Also offered to the Black HSBC credit card members in the luxury stay segment are 10% discounts on Ministry of Villa bookings. The offer includes a complimentary bottle of champagne and free airport transfers for bookings of 5 nights or more. Reservations can be made through ministryofvillas.com.
Hertz Car Rentals
This HSBC credit card in UAE grants cardholders enrolment into the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President’ Circle program. Benefits of this membership include rental queues bypassing at popular airports, one car upgrade, 15% discounts on rental rates and one complimentary extra driver (valid only for spouses and domestic partners). The President’s Circle program can be accessed at the MasterCard website.
MasterCard Priceless Cities
From falcon flying in Dubai to lavish campfire retreats in the exotic wilderness reserves of South Africa, a Black HSBC credit card offers the best available prices on international experiences via the MasterCard Priceless Cities program.
Daily Lifestyle Benefits
A wide assortment of lifestyle benefits makes the Black HSBC UAE credit card an invaluable tool for day to day spending. Lifestyle benefits of the Black HSBC credit card include:
- Concierge Services: Visiting a foreign country is vastly more enjoyable with the Black HSBC credit card’s international concierge service. The card offers access to a local concierge anywhere across the globe who is responsible for planning the best travel routes, making reservations, acquiring event tickets and performing other time-consuming activities for the Black HSBC credit card An international concierge service can be booked via the MasterCard site.
- Cinema Offers: Customers may take advantage of complimentary movie tickets and cinema discounts with their Black HSBC credit card in UAE. The offers are valid at both VOX and REEL cinemas.
- VOX Cinemas: Black HSBC credit card carrying customers receive 4 buy 1 – get 1 free movie tickets at VOX cinemas and a 20% discount on refreshments.
- REEL Cinemas: The terms and conditions mentioned above also apply to REEL cinema offers.
- Local Travel: Travel with the Black HSBC credit card in UAE, in complete comfort and style. Cardholders are offered the following local travel services:
- Careem Discounts: Owners of the Black HSBC credit card are offered a free first ride (for new Careem riders) and an additional 20% discount on 3 rides every month.
- Valet Parking: Offered by VALTRAN, members of the Black HSBC UAE credit card can avail of limitless complimentary valet parking services at locations such as Wafi City, Oasis Centre, Ibn Battuta Mall, City Walk 1, Marina Mall Abu Dhabi and more.
- Shopping: The Black HSBC UAE credit card offers cardholders huge discounts on shopping and shipping, both locally and internationally. The various offers are as follows:
- Reebonz Shopping Discounts: As a new Reebonz customer, the Black HSBC credit card holder is given complimentary AED 350 of shopping credits towards their first purchase. Following this, the Black HSBC UAE credit card owner receives 6% discount on purchases made throughout the year, as well as free international shipping options. The offer can be accessed at Reebonz.com.\
- Chic Outlet Shopping Discounts: Black HSBC credit card holders get enormous discounts on the products and services offered at the thousands of Chic Outlet Shopping boutiques across the globe. These benefits include a 15% discount on shopping packages, on Shopping Express and on chauffeur services at select boutiques. The Black HSBC UAE credit card member is also invited to the VIP program, which grants an additional 10% discount on select boutiques. Details on available locations and offers can be found on the Bicester Village Shopping Collection website.
- MyUS Shipping Discounts: The MyUS platform is an international shipping aggregator, which allows the Black HSBC credit card members to shop at more than 100,000 US retail stores and have products shipped at discounted rates. As holders of the Black HSBC UAE credit card, customers receive a complimentary 2-year membership to MyUS, which includes 30% shipping discounts during the first month and 20% shipping discounts for the remainder of the membership period.
- Spa Treatments: By booking a 90-minute massage at partnered spas all over the globe, the Black HSBC UAE credit card owner receives 30 complimentary minutes. These massage treatments can be booked at deluxe locations such as at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, at Swissotel Hotels & Resorts and more.
- Golfing Advantage: Primary and supplementary Black HSBC credit card owners are given one complimentary round of golf every month at The ELS Club in Dubai Sports City and at Saadiyat Beach Golf Club in Abu Dhabi. These complimentary rounds include a full 18 hole course and must be booked at least 14 days in advance.
- Dubai Opera: Fans of the fine arts can revel in the delights of an evening at the Dubai Opera with their Black HSBC credit card in UAE. The Black HSBC credit card offers cardholders access to premium seating and complimentary services that include parking, refreshment, show program and memorabilia (if available). Cardholders can also book pre-sales tickets with their Black HSBC UAE credit card. The benefits can be redeemed at Dubaiopera.com.
- I Love Dining Program: A dining program created by HSBC exclusively for HSBC credit card owners – the I Love Dining program offers as much as 30% discounts on more than 400 dining establishments across the UAE. Cardholders can peruse through the various dining offers on the HSBC site.
- The HSBC Entertainer App: By observing popular local attractions and activities in the UAE, HSBC has managed to create a spectacular entertainment app that offers owners of the Black HSBC credit card in UAE discounts on local dining, entertainment, leisure, welfare and other services. The HSBC entertainer app also carries 9,000+ ‘Buy 1 Get 1 Free’ offers and is available for both Android and iOS.
Travel, especially to a foreign land, can be very exciting and eventful. However, travel also poses its own risks, from language barriers to cancelled flights and more. To ensure a pleasant travelling experience, Black HSBC credit card owners are offered various complimentary travel insurance policies such as:
a. Inconvenience Insurance: The Black HSBC UAE credit card offers cardholders complimentary travel inconvenience insurance, which provides the following coverage:
- Baggage Loss (Capped at US$3,000)
- Baggage Delays (Capped at US$500)
- Trip Cancellations (Capped at US$7,500)
- Trip Curtailments (Capped at US$7,500)
- Trip Delays (Capped at US$500)
- Missed Connections (Capped at US$500)
b. Medical Insurance: Travel medical insurance covers the Black HSBC credit card owner in the event of unforeseen personal and family medical emergencies. The coverage offered is as follows:
- Personal Accidents (Capped at US$500,000)
- Emergency Medical Evaluations & Repatriation (Capped at US$500,000)
- Emergency Medical Expenses (Capped at US$500,000)
- Hospitalization Charges (Capped at US$100 per day)
c. Car Rental Insurance: Overseas vehicular accidents and their associated repair costs are covered under the rental collision and loss damage waiver policy offered free of charge to Black HSBC UAE credit card Coverage under the policy is as follows:
- Physical Damage (Capped at US$50,000) – This covers collision damage, theft and damage caused by natural calamities.
- Towing (Capped at US$100)
- Drop-Off (Capped at US$ 100)
d. Confirmation Letter: In order to avail of the complimentary insurance policy, owners of the Black HSBC credit card in UAE will be required to obtain a travel insurance confirmation letter. This can be done within minutes through the online MasterCard portal. Note that the Black HSBC credit card falls under the World Elite MasterCard category.
Owners of the Black HSBC credit card are entitled to unlimited supplementary cards. Supplementary Black HSBC UAE credit cards are issued to family and friends of the primary cardholder and share one common credit limit with the primary card. Supplementary Black HSBC credit cards can be set with fixed spending limits and are offered to the primary cardholder absolutely free-of-charge.
Eligibility Criteria for the HSBC Black Credit Card
There are two major eligibility criteria applicants must meet in order to qualify for the Black HSBC credit card in UAE. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Age Restriction: Applicants are required to fall between the minimum age requirement of 21 years and a maximum age requirement of 70 years in order to qualify for the Black HSBC credit card.
- HSBC Premier Account Holder: The applicant must have an HSBC premier account to apply for a Black HSBC UAE credit card. An HSBC premier account grants the customer access to benefits such as no annual membership fees, global acceptance, fee-less international money transfers, exclusive discounts and more. HSBC premier account holders may leaf through the various applicable discounts and offers for shopping, dining, travel and health & wellness on the HSBC website.
In addition to the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, Black HSBC credit card owners also need to meet a few HSBC Premier Account eligibility parameters. To qualify for an HSBC Premier Account, customers should either:
- Meet the minimum monthly requirement of AED 350,000 through either deposits or investments; or
- Make a minimum monthly income transfer of AED 50,000; or
- Have a minimum mortgage drawdown of AED 3,000,000 for the initial 24 months, after which either of the first two conditions needs to be met.
Note: Owners of the Black HSBC UAE credit card should also be aware that in order to qualify for an HSBC Premier Account, the cardholder is required to have a minimum monthly income of AED 50,000.
Top Reasons to Get the HSBC Black Credit Card
The Black HSBC UAE credit card offers cardholders an immense variety of benefits and rewards. It is very rare to find a card that can match these benefits, thanks in part to the exclusivity and strict barriers to entry for the Black HSBC credit card. These are just some of the top reasons why customers in UAE covet the Black HSBC credit card so highly.
More than just a credit card issuer, HSBC has made a reputation for itself as a financial guru in major markets across the globe. This combination of HSBC’s financial acumen, top-class card benefits and dedicated customer support has sculpted the Black HSBC UAE credit card into one of the nation’s premier financial tools.
The Black HSBC credit card redefines the meaning of exclusivity. As one of the most premier cards offered by the bank, the Black HSBC UAE credit card unlocks the doors to invite only events and memberships that other cards simply cannot offer. However, unlike most other ‘exclusive’ cards, the Black HSBC credit card manages to perfectly balance a world of benefits against reasonable pricing.
Be it the innovative card features or the incredible Black HSBC UAE credit card offers, customers can rest assured they are receiving the best deals in the market. HSBC strives to thoroughly understand the local markets and customer requirements before committing to providing any service. As such, cardholders can expect any Black HSBC credit card offers to be regularly refreshed and always lucrative.
As mentioned in the earlier sections, the Black HSBC UAE credit card gives cardholders access to a long list of benefits. These benefits range from local fine dining discounts and discounted cab fares to international travel insurance and even flight ticket redemptions. The variety of benefits the Black HSBC UAE credit card offers are so incredibly diverse that they allow cardholders to save at nearly every turn.
Offering a credit card with no charges at all is not feasible. However, the Black HSBC credit card does its best to minimize the extent of fees and charges levied upon the cardholder. The Black HSBC UAE credit card waives an extensive range of charges, offering customers supplementary cards, card replacements and paper statements for free. In fact, the Black HSBC credit card doesn’t even charge its customers an over limit fee.
HSBC Black Credit Card Offers
The numerous Black HSBC UAE credit card offers are updated frequently and are subject to change as per the bank’s discretion. Cardholders are advised to check back frequently for updates on offers. The HSBC UAE credit card offers currently available (as of March 2019) are:
Bonus Air Miles
As a sign-up bonus for the Black HSBC credit card, new cardholders are credited with 200,000 bonus air miles within 60 days of making the annual membership fee payment. Furthermore, owners of the Black HSBC UAE credit card are also offered 100,000 air miles on all subsequent membership anniversaries, starting from the second year onwards.
HSBC Premier Account Cashback
Members of the Black HSBC credit card are required to open up an HSBC Premier Account in order to qualify for the card. There is an added advantage to opening an HSBC Premier current account, which comes in the form of bonus cash back. HSBC credit card applicants that open up an account on or before March 31st, 2019 will receive up to AED 2,000 as cash back, credited directly into their account.
Refer a Friend
The Black HSBC UAE credit card requires applicants to be HSBC Premier Account members. As such, Black HSBC credit card owners are eligible to receive AED 1,000 for every referred customer that goes on to become an HSBC Premier Account member.
The Black HSBC UAE credit card offers customers a bevvy of entertainment benefits including but not limited to movie ticket discounts, spa treatments, discounts on suit purchases and much more. All of the currently available HSBC credit card offers can be found on HSBC’s website.
As mentioned earlier, the HSBC I Love Dining program is one that offers owners of the Black HSBC UAE credit card discounts on tons of dining establishments across the nation.
HSBC Entertainer App Offers
The HSBC Entertainer App consolidates all available discounts on the Black HSBC credit card, offering dining vouchers, shopping discounts, dozens of Buy 1 Get 1 Free deals and more. Cardholders can access these discount through the HSBC Entertainer mobile app, which is available on both Android and iOS.
HSBC Black Credit Card Fees & Charges
The various fees and charges applicable to the Black HSBC credit card in UAE are as follows:
- Annual Membership Fee: AED 1,500 (With VAT this comes to AED 1,575)
- Retail Interest (Monthly): 2.75%
- Cash Advance Interest (Monthly): 2.75%
- Card Replacement Charge: Free
- Over Limit Charge: Free
- Late Charge: AED 230 (This is charged per every instance)
- No Liability Certificate: AED 50 (With VAT this comes to AED 52.50)
The full system of fees and charges for the Black HSBC credit card can be found under the ‘Schedule of Tariffs’ section of the HSBC site.
HSBC Black Credit Card Air Miles Rewards
As members of the Black HSBC UAE credit card, cardholders are automatically enrolled into the HSBC Air Miles reward programs. This loyalty program allows cardholders to earn points or ‘Air Miles’, which can then be redeemed for incredible products and services such as flight tickets, retail store coupons, hotel bookings and much more.
Currently, HSBC is offering all new Black HSBC credit card owners 200,000 bonus Air Miles as a sign-up bonus. Cardholders will also earn 100,000 Air Miles for every year they spend as a member of the Black HSBC credit card, starting from the second year onwards.
How to Earn Air Miles
Members of the Black HSBC credit card in UAE earn Air Miles every time they use their card to make a purchase in the following manner:
- Cardholders receive 2.5 Air Miles for AED 1 of travel expenditure such as booking flight tickets, making hotel reservations and availing car rental services.
- Cardholders receive 1.5 Air Miles for AED 1 spent in foreign currencies other than AED.
- Cardholders receive 1.5 Air Miles for AED 1 spent on online transactions.
- All other purchases earn the cardholder 1 Air Mile for every AED 1 spent.
How to Redeem Air Miles
The Air Miles rewards program allows Black HSBC credit card members to redeem their accumulated Air Miles for a host of benefits such as home appliances, retail shopping, dining discounts, flight tickets, hotel reservations, wellness services and a lot more.
Cardholders may check on the status of their accrued Air Miles, redeem Air Miles and even transfer Air Miles by logging into official airmilesme.com.
How to Apply for the HSBC Black Credit Card
In order to qualify for the Black HSBC credit card in UAE applicants will first be required to open an HSBC Premier Account. An HSBC Premier Account can be opened alongside the HSBC Black credit card application submission. The Black HSBC UAE credit card can be applied for in one of two ways.
- At an HSBC Branch: Applicants may head to any of the HSBC branches in order to initiate their Black HSBC credit card and HSBC Premier Account application process.
- Through the Online Application; Applicants of the Black HSBC credit card in UAE can instead fill out the secure online application form to initiate the process. The online application process is slightly different for new and existing HSBC customers:
- New HSBC Customers: Applicants that are new to HSBC banking can begin their Black HSBC credit card application process online.
- Existing HSBC Customers: As an existing HSBC customer, applicants of the Black HSBC UAE credit card may simply contact the HSBC customer care at 800-444-7773 to apply. Applicants may also request for a call back from the HSBC staff through the application form available on the HSBC site.
Details on the documentation required for the Black HSBC credit card application are mentioned in the following section.
Additional Information & Documentation
The documentation required to complete the Black HSBC credit card application process is as follows:
- The applicant’s Emirates ID.
- The applicant’s original passport.
- The applicant’s UAE residence visa. UAE nationals do not need to submit this.
- The applicant’s proof of residence in the UAE. This can be shown in the form of a utility bill, title deed, rent/lease agreement or even an employment letter.
- The latest two months of the applicant’s bank statement. This statement should be for an account where the applicant’s salary is credited.
- Any one of the following:
- An original income transfer letter from the applicant’s employer.
- The applicant’s latest month’s original income certificate.
- Up to 2 income credits into the applicant’s HSBC account.
- Applicants of the Black HSBC credit card in UAE will also be required to submit a signed security cheque in order to avail of the card’s credit limit.
HSBC Black Credit Card FAQs
Q.1. How many supplementary HSBC Black credit cards can I apply for?
The supplementary Black HSBC UAE credit card offers family members and friends of the primary cardholder access to the dozens of benefits and an enormous credit limit that the Black HSBC credit card provides. Supplementary Black HSBC UAE credit cards share a common credit limit with the primary card and can be restricted with spending limits as per the primary cardholder’s instructions.
Owners of the Black HSBC credit card in UAE can apply for an unlimited number of supplementary HSBC credit cards at no additional cost.
Q.2. How do I check the status of my Air Miles?
A Black HSBC UAE credit card automatically enrols cardholders into the HSBC loyalty program – the Air Miles program. Cardmembers can start earning Air Miles by using their Black HSBC credit card to make purchases. Air Miles can be redeemed for retail shopping, home appliances, flight tickets, hotel reservations and more.
In order to check the status of accumulated Air Miles or to redeem them for the exciting line of products and services offered, members of the Black HSBC credit card can log in to the Air Miles platform at airmilesme.com.
Q.3. Where can I pay for my HSBC Black credit card?
The Black HSBC UAE credit card can be paid for in any of the following ways:
- At an HSBC Branch: Payments for the Black HSBC credit card can be made via cash or cheque at any HSBC branch in the UAE.
- At an HSBC ATM: Black HSBC UAE credit card payments can also be deposited at any HSBC ATM across the nation.
- Through HSBC Online Banking: The Black HSBC credit card repayments can also be made securely and conveniently through the HSBC online banking portal.
- Through HSBC Mobile Banking: Cardholders can also use the HSBC mobile banking app to make secured payments for their Black HSBC credit card in UAE. The app can be downloaded for both Android and iOS.
- Through HSBC Phone Banking: As an HSBC Premier Account member, owners of the Black HSBC credit card can initiate payments through the phone by contacting 800-4320 within the UAE or (+971)4-224-1000 from outside the UAE.
Q.4. What do I do if my HSBC Black credit card is lost or it gets stolen?
If the Black HSBC credit card is stolen or lost, it is the cardholder’s responsibility to alert the bank of the same. Cardholders are advised to immediately contact local police authorities and the Black HSBC UAE credit card customer care staff at any of the following numbers:
- For within the UAE: 800-4320
- For outside of the UAE: (+971)4-224-1000
HSBC will clear the cardholder of all liability for payment made on the Black HSBC credit card only after the cardholder has alerted the bank about the loss of the card. The replacement Black HSBC UAE credit card is issued for no charge.
Q.5. How do I cancel my HSBC Black credit card?
Any HSBC credit card may be cancelled by following these steps:
- Inform HSBC about the account closing in writing or via the phone. Owners of the Black HSBC credit card can contact customer care at the following numbers:
- Within the UAE: 800-4320
- From outside the UAE: (+971)4-224-1000
- Clear all outstanding dues on the HSBC credit card.
- Return all primary and supplementary HSBC credit cards back to the bank, cut in half.
- Optional: Request for a No Liability Certificate as proof of no outstanding dues. Members of the Black HSBC credit card in UAE can obtain this certificate for AED 52.50 (inclusive of VAT).
- ADCB Credit Cards
- ADIB Credit Cards
- Ajman Bank Credit Cards
- Al Hilal Bank Credit Cards
- American Express Credit Cards
- Aseel Finance Credit Cards
- CBI Credit Cards
- Citibank Credit Cards
- Commercial Bank of Dubai Credit Cards
- Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Dunia Finance Credit Cards
- Emirates Islamic Credit Cards
- Emirates NBD Credit Cards
- Finance House Credit Cards
- HSBC Credit Cards
- Mashreq Bank Credit Cards
- Mawarid Finance Credit Cards
- NAJM Credit Cards
- NBF Credit Cards
- Noor Bank Credit Cards
- RAKBANK Credit Cards
- Sharjah Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Standard Chartered Bank Credit Cards
- Union National Bank Credit Cards
- United Arab Bank (UAB) Credit Cards
- ADCB LuLu Co Brand Platinum Credit Card Features & Benefits
- Ajman Bank Power World Credit Card Features & Benefits
- ADIB Etihad Visa Platinum Credit Card Features & Benefits
- Al Hilal Bank Free For Life Platinum Smart Covered Credit Card Features & Benefits
- ADIB Etisalat Visa Signature Card Features & Benefits