Credit card payments should always be made on a regular schedule to save you money. This guide tells you when the best time is for you to make a payment.
HSBC offers an Advance Credit Card in the UAE which has amazing features and offers a wide range of rewards to its cardholders. With this ‘Free for Life’ HSBC Credit Card, the cardholders can enjoy a variety of benefits like dining, entertainment, travel, movies and many more, earn AirMiles on transactions, and get a reasonable interest rate monthly.
Following are the features of this HSBC UAE credit card:
1. Free for Life: The HSBC Advance Credit Card charges no annual fees from the cardholders, making it free for life. The card members can enjoy all the benefits of this credit card without the burden of any fees on annual membership.
2. Valet Parking: The cardholders can avail up to 4 valet parking visit in one calendar month without any charges at selected Valtrans places around Abu Dhabi and Dubai with this HSBC Credit Card. However, they can become eligible for these services only when they have spent a minimum of AED 3000 using their Advance credit card in that specific month. They will have to bear charges for any valet parking visit in that month if in case they have not spent the minimum amount of AED 3000.
3. Access to Airport Lounges: This HSBC UAE Credit Card offers a lot of travel benefits to the cardholders which include free access to some selected Airport lounges in the MENA region. The cardholders can find the list of lounges on the official website of the bank.
4. ‘Entertainer’ Mobile App by HSBC: The cardholders can never miss any offer by the credit card by using the HSBC ‘Entertainer' App on their smartphones. This app is exclusive to the card members of HSBC UAE Credit Cards and is free. It offers a variety of benefits to the cardholders and helps them in locating privileges and offers around them or in some specific areas such as hotels and malls.
5. Protection from Card Fraud: The cardholders can remain protected against the unforeseen and unexpected while using their HSBC Advance Credit Card. They can get a reimbursement of USD 2000 maximum on each claim and USD 3000 maximum over a period of 12 months. It also provides a cover for different unauthorized charges from the telephone, in-store, ATM withdrawals and online purchases in case of a stolen/lost credit card or even when the credit card is still with the cardholder.
6. Purchase Protection: Under this scheme, the cardholders can shop and be protected automatically against accidental damage for USD 5000 maximum per annum.
7. Credit Shield Insurance: CSP (Credit Shield Plus) is an optional cover that the cardholders may have if they have an HSBC Credit Card that is issued by the bank. This insurance provides cover for the circumstances in which the cardholders are not able to pay off their debts on credit card in case of-
8. Supplementary Credit Card: This HSBC credit card offers up to 2 free supplementary cards to the family and friends of the primary cardholder. Using these supplementary cards, the cardholders’ can share a number of benefits amongst their friends and family. The minimum age for applying for a supplementary credit card is 16 years. Some of the benefits available for supplementary cardholders are-
9. Balance Transfer: This HSBC Credit Card 0 balance transfer facility is also an option for the Advance Credit Cardholders. They can avail the balance transfer facility at 0 percent interest for the initial 6 months.
Following are the benefits of this HSBC UAE Credit Card:
The cardholders can avail a discount of up to fifteen percent on fares of British Airways (excluding applicable charges, taxes, and fees) on their Advance Credit Card on a few selected tickets in the UAE. These selected tickets should be one-way or return tickets on the British Airways' flights that are originating from UAE to UK, USA, Europe, and Canada.
The Entertainer App by HSBC offers various benefits to the cardholders including an immediate access to around 8000 "Buy One Get One Free" offers across fifteen countries which include Cyprus, Bahrain, Egypt, Hong Kong, England, Jordan, Malaysia, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and South Africa. It also offers benefits for the whole family of the card members that cover entertainment, dining, wellness and hotel accommodation.
With this HSBC Credit Card, the cardholders can purchase movie tickets online and avail “Buy One Get One Free” offers. In order to apply for this offer, the cardholders need to do the following-
This offer is valid on 2D VIP, 2D Standard, 2D Max, 2D Max Atmos, 2D Max VIP, Nation Tower, and 2D Premium Mercato and 3D. The cardholders can also avail a 20% discount on beverages and food at VOX Cinemas.
The cardholders can discover various locations across the world using this HSBC Credit Card UAE. They can avail a maximum discount of 30% while booking hotel rooms or airline tickets on the official Cleartrip website.
If the cardholders are using Careem for the first time, they not just get the 1st ride worth 60 AED free but also get a discount of 20% on two rides in a month by using the "MASTERCARD" as the promo code. Further, they can avail a discount of 15% on their third ride (only if it is availed in the 1st two months from registration) and a discount of 10% on all the subsequent rides.
This HSBC UAE Credit Card offers some exclusive privileges which include
To avail all these benefits, visit the Reebonz website and use "MASTERME6" as the promo code.
The cardholders can easily shop online from the US-based merchants of their choice and have their purchases shipped at 220 countries using MyUS. The merchants can also be leading American giants like Apple, Amazon, Ralph Lauren and more. They cardholders can avail exclusive benefits like-
In order to be eligible to apply for this HSBC Credit Card, the applicant needs to fulfill the following conditions:
The following are the offers provided to the cardholders by this HSBC Credit Card:
HSBC has many local businesses as partners so that they can offer the cardholders many amazing local offers at a discount & flexible plans for installment.
The cardholders can avail exclusive offers on dining, shopping, entertainment, and leisure at around 19,000 outlets across over 160 countries.
HSBC Advance Credit Card charges very low interests and fees from its cardholders. The fees and charges are as follows:
|Annual Fees on Supplementary Cards||First two cards- FreeSubsequent cards- 50 AED|
|Set Up Fees for Supplementary Cards for different limit, other fees, and charges (excluding annual fees)||100 AED|
|Monthly Interest on Purchase||2.99 percent|
|Monthly Cash Withdrawal Interest||2.99 percent|
|Cash Withdrawal/Advance Fee||100 AED or 3 percent of the total (whatever is higher)|
|Card Replacement Fee||Nil|
|Late Payment Charge||230 AED|
|Over Limit Charge||250 AED|
|Sales Slip Copy Retrieval||25 AED|
|Returned Cheque Charge||100 AED|
|Fee for disputing any transaction which later turns out to be genuine||100 AED|
|Accessing HSBC Savings/Current Account using Plus/Visa, Cirrus/Master, or Switch UAE ATMs on each transaction both in and outside the UAE||20 AED|
|Accessing HSBC Savings/Current Account using ATMs on each transaction||Within UAE- FreeOutside UAE- AED 10 (per transaction)|
|Processing Fee on Foreign Currency||2 percent on the amount of transaction as changed into the billing currency|
|Credit Shield Plus||0.625 percent on the outstanding balance|
|Paper Statement for Credit Card Charges||Nil|
|Service Fee on Urgent Delivery of Card||100 AED|
|Certificate for no liability||50 AED|
|Liability Letter||50 AED|
(Updated as on 3rd January 2019)
Following are the rewards offered on this HSBC Credit Card:
The applicants who wish to obtain HSBC Advance Credit Card can apply by visiting the nearest branch of the bank or through call or through the online banking portal.
In order to complete the application, the cardholders need to submit the following documents-
|Other HSBC Credit Cards|
|HSBC Visa Platinum Select Credit Card||HSBC Visa Cashback Credit Card|
|HSBC Cash+ Credit Card||HSBC Black Credit Card|
|HSBC Premier Credit Card||HSBC Max Rewards Credit Card|
Q1: What is a Supplementary Card?
Ans: Supplementary Cards are the add-on cards offered to the family and friends of the primary cardholder. These cards are almost the same as a primary credit card as they also offer the benefits that are offered by the primary credit card, however, the reward points earned (if any) on the supplementary card are credited to the account of the primary cardholder.
The HSBC Bank offers 2 free supplementary cards to the family and friends of the primary cardholder. Subsequently, they have to pay AED 5 for supplementary cards.
Q2: What is Cash Withdrawal and what are the fees and charges on it?
Ans: Cash Withdrawal or cash advance refers to the withdrawal made from an ATM or any branch of the bank through a credit card. It is recommended that you keep the withdrawals as less as possible as credit cards charge high interest rates on cash advance. A cash advance fee is also charged on the amount withdrawn along with the interest rate (pre-determined) starting from the date of withdrawal.
This HSBC Credit Card levies a cash advance charge of 100 AED or 3 percent of the total (whatever is higher). It also charges an interest of 2.99 percent on cash withdrawal per month.
Q3: What is the meaning of Late Payment Fee?
Ans: The credit card in a manner provides a short-term loan to the credit cardholders. Ideally, the cardholders should pay off their credit card bills before the due date specified by the bank. But in case they are unable to pay their bill, the bank charges a late payment fee on them. The late fees can negatively impact the credit score of the cardholder and the best option to avoid such a charge is by making all your payments on time.
The HSBC credit card charges a late payment fee of AED 230.
Q4: What does HSBC Credit Card balance transfer mean?
Ans: Balance transfer refers to the transfer of the amount present in one credit card account to another credit card account. You may have to pay a balance transfer fee to avail this facility in case of some credit cards.
This HSBC UAE credit card levies no balance transfer fee.
Q5: What should I do if my HSBC Credit Card is stolen or lost?
Ans: In case you lose your credit card or if it gets stolen, you should immediately inform the bank and the local police about the same. The more time you take to report about the stolen/missing credit card, the more risk you are in. You have 24/7 access to the customer care executives of the bank, so you can call on the bank’s customer care number in such a situation.
Q6: What is Credit Shield Plus?
Ans: CSP (Credit Shield Plus) is an optional cover that the cardholders may have if they have an HSBC Credit Card that is issued by the bank. This insurance provides cover for the circumstances in which the cardholders are not able to pay off their debts on credit card in case of loss of life, critical illness, permanent disability, temporary disability (for self-employed only) and involuntary employment loss (for salaried applicants only).
The monthly premium charged on credit shield plus by this HSBC Credit Card in UAE is 0.60 percent of the outstanding balance per month on your credit card. In case you do not have any outstanding balance on your card statement then, you are not liable to pay any premium on the same for that month.
Q7: When can I avail the Free valet parking facility?
Ans: You can avail the complimentary valet parking facility only when you have spent a minimum of 3000 AED during a specific month on your credit card. In case you have not met this minimum requirement during that month, then you will be charged for this service. The charges levied on this service are debited directly from the HSBC Advance Credit Card Account.
Q8: What all facilities are available on the HSBC ‘Entertainer’ Mobile App?
Ans: The HSBC ‘Entertainer’ Mobile App can easily be downloaded on your smartphone. It includes various features such as options for home delivery, profile creation, better user experience, improved search functionality, one-touch customer service to directly access the customer care team of the bank and integration of social media so that you can share check-ins and savings on your twitter, facebook or other social media. Make sure you keep updating the app from time to time in order to enjoy new benefits.
The approval for the credit card will be given by the bank on the basis of the information available in all the above-mentioned documents.