Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card
Credit card is perhaps the most favourite mode of payments for people in the UAE, both Emiratis and the expats alike. In fact, a report published in the Khaleej Times reveals that credit card spending in the UAE is likely to grow to around half of overall purchases made by the residents of the UAE, in the nest 4-5 years. Also, figures revealed by Euromonitor International clearly indicate that credit cards have become the go-to spending tool for the people in the UAE region. The report by Euromonitor International shows that credit card spending made by the UAE residents, including both Emarati or Emiratis and the expats, in 2017 was around Dh216.5 billion.
Given the fact, a large of number of UAE residents, which includes a fair share of local Emirati population, prefer using best credit cards for all their expenses, it’s no wonder why Emirates Islamic launched its special edition of card, specifically for the Emirati population. Coined as Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card, this special card promises a world of special privileges, exclusive discounts and unmatched rewards to the Emirati population in the UAE region.
Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card has been specially designed and thoughtfully conceptualized to meet the needs of the Emiratis in the UAE and perfectly compliment their lifestyle. Powered by the much acclaimed Emirates Islamic SmartMiles, Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card allows card members to instantly earn and redeem rewards for every dirham spent on the card. Over the years of its inception, this card has become a huge hit in the region amongst the local Emirati population.
About Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card
Launched in November 2017, Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card was designed and conceptualized by UAE’s leading financial institution- Emirates Islamic to compliment the lifestyle of the local Emirati population and to help them earn maximum value for their money. The card provides its users with a wide array of special privileges, exclusive discounts and unmatched benefits associated with dining, travelling, and lifestyle.
Over the years of its launch, Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card has found fair share of suitors, admirers and fans in the UAE region. In fact, owing to its immense popularity and the unmatched benefits, Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card was conferred with the title of the 'Best Islamic Card' at the 2018 Banker Middle East Product Awards.
Powered by EI SmartMiles and no annual fee, Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card makes it easy for the users to instantly earn and redeem rewards for every dirham spent on the card. In addition, the card also comes packed with an exclusive 10% cashback on dining worldwide. Furthermore, the card is also linked with the Mazaya Offers platform that helps the local Emirati people maximize the value for their hard-earned money. With its exclusivity, special discounts and cashback rewards, it’s hardly a wonder why Emiratis love this credit card and often make a beeline to apply for it.
Features of Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card
Exclusively designed for the UAE nationals, the Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card comes loaded with a wide range of innovative features. These features go a long way in ensuring maximum value for money for the users. In fact, owing to its award-wining features, this card consistently ranks alongside some of the best credit cards in the entire Middle East. Here is a list of just some of the many helpful and innovative features of the Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card.
- Automatic Enrollment to EI SmartMiles
- Preferential Pricing
- Complimentary airport lounge access
- Multi-trip travel insurance
- Visa Luxury Hotel Collection
- Global Concierge
- Payments on-the-go
- Supplementary Card
- Extended Warranty
- Purchase Protection
- Cash-on-Call and Cash Advance facility
- Balance Transfer
- Easy Payment Plans
- Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Visa Paywave
- Fully Shari'a compliant
Benefits of Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card
Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card is an elite credit card available only to the UAE nationals. This card is loaded with an extensive range of benefits to ensure that the users always get a handful of rewards whenever they choose to spend on the card. With multiple benefits and rewards, this amazing card ensures huge savings and maximum value for money for the users. Here is a list of some benefits of the Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card.
- 25,000 EI SmartMiles (worth AED 250) as complimentary welcome bonus
- 75 EI SmartMiles per 1AED for international spends
- 5 EI SmartMiles per 1AED for domestic spends
- 10 EI SmartMiles for 1 AED spent on dining worldwide
- Exclusive Mazaya offers
- Free Valet Parking
- Complimentary unlimited access to over 900 airport lounges worldwide
- Exclusive discounts and offers at over 900 luxury hotels worldwide
- Zero annual fee
Listed below are the eligibility criteria for Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card-
- Income Eligibility- AED 5,000 and above (Minimum monthly income)
- Residential Eligibility- UAE residents with valid UAE residence Visa
- Verification Eligibility - Age/Id Proofs
Top Reasons to Get Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card
Exclusive privileges, zero annual membership fee, unmatched benefits and instant rewards redemption, Emiratis have absolutely reasons galore at their disposal to get Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card. Here is a list of top 5 reasons why Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card is a must-have for UAE nationals.
- Exclusivity - This is perhaps one of the most important reasons why the UAE nationals must get their hands on the Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card. This amazing credit card has been carefully designed and thoughtfully conceptualized to provide unmatched travel, shopping and dining benefits to the UAE nationals. The card perfectly complements the lifestyle of the local Emirati population and never fails to match their requirements, preferences and wants.
- EI SmartMiles - Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card is powered by the much-acclaimed EI SmartMiles loyalty programme. Card members automatically get enrolled in the EI SmartMiles programme. This award-winning loyalty programme ensures easy, instant and flexible reward redemption for the card members. For every 1 AED spent on the card, users get to earn EI SmartMiles that can be redeemed for free air tickets, free hotel stays, gift cards and much more. And to make things much more exciting for the UAE nationals, Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card offers a complimentary welcome bonus of 25,000 EI SmartMiles worth AED 250. These EI SmartMiles can be instantly redeemed using the EI SmartMiles website or mobile app.
- Free for Life - Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card is free for lifetime for the UAE nationals. This means that Emiratis can get to spend on their card and instantly redeem special privileges, and exclusive benefits and rewards, without having to worry about the payment of annual membership fee each year.
- Complimentary Lounge Access - Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card users get exclusive and complimentary airport lounge access at over 900 airports worldwide. This exclusive privilege makes for a great reason for UAE nationals to arrive at the airport early. They can simply head to one of the premium airport lounges and spend some relaxing time with premium services, comfortable seating and tasty refreshments. With a huge network of airport lounges worldwide, Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card users are sure to find a premium lounge waiting for them to unwind and relax, no matter where they travel.
- Additional Privileges - In addition to all this, Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card members also get access to an extensive and exclusive range of additional privileges that makes spending on the card even more exciting. Card members get access to exclusive Golf Club benefits and discounts at UAE’s finest golf courses and exclusive hotel benefits at over 900 luxury hotels worldwide. In addition, card members also get to avail the exclusive Global Concierge and free valet parking facility at some of the top locations in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card Offers (Updated in June 2018)
- 25,000 Bonus EI SmartMiles worth AED 250 (No Promo Code Required)
- 10 EI SmartMilles for 1 AED spend on dining (No Promo Code Required)
- Up to 30% Mazaya discounts on dining (No Promo Code Required)
- Best rate guarantee at over 900 hotels worldwide (No Promo Code Required)
- Automatic room upgrade (No Promo Code Required)
- USD 25 food or beverage voucher (No Promo Code Required)
Fees and Charges
Annual Membership Fee
Cash Advance Fee
3% of cash advance amount or AED 99 whichever is higher (This will be revised to 3% of cash advance amount or AED 149 whichever is higher effective April 01, 2019)
Maximum cash advance per transaction
10,000 or 50% of the card limit whichever is lower
Over limit fee
AED 249 (This will be revised to 279 effective April 01, 2019)
Late payment fee
Card replacement fee
Free (This will be revised to 50 effective April 01, 2019)
Copy of sale voucher
Overseas transaction in UAE Dirhams
Minimum Payment Due
5% of statement balance PLUS any overdue amount, or AED 100, whichever is higher
No Liability Certificate
Paper statement fee
10 (No Charge for Priority customers)
Cheque & Direct Debit Return
Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card Rewards
1. EI SmartMiles - EI SmartMiles is the rewards programme offered by Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card. EI SmartMiles is one of the most popular and sought after credit card rewards programme in the entire Middle East region owing to its instant reward earning and redemption features.
2. EI SmartMiles - allows card members to instantly earn 3.75 EI SmartMiles per 1AED for international spends and 2.5 EI SmartMiles per 1AED for domestic spends. These EI SmartMiles can be instantly redeemed for a wide range of travel, lifestyle and shopping benefits.Card members can redeem their miles in exchange to book free air tickets, secure free hotel stays, exchange miles with Eithad Guest and JetPrivilege, and to get gift cards for shopping from any website or retail outlet in the world. Card members can redeem their EI SmartMiles to book free air tickets with more than 300 airlines across the world and book hotel stays at more than 180000 properties worldwide.
3. Mazaya Rewards - In addition to being powered by EI SmartMiles, Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card is also linked to the popular Mazaya Offers platform. Mazaya Offers Platform ensures unmatched discounts and special deals for card members across more than 2000 restaurants and partner shopping outlets in the UAE. Mazaya Offers allows Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card to avail up to 30% dining discount at restaurants across the UAE region.
How to Earn Rewards?
With Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card, spending is nothing less than an exciting affair for the UAE nationals. Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card get to earn EI SmartMiles for every Dirham spent on their card on shopping, dining, travelling or even paying their utility bills. In addition to earning EI SmartMiles domestically within the UAE, card members also get to earn EI SmartMiles when they spend on their card internationally.
Listed below is the earning rate for Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card-
25,000 EI SmartMiles worth AED
3.75 EI SmartMiles per 1AED
2.5 EI SmartMiles per 1AED
10 EI SmartMiles per 1AED
Please Note- There is a monthly cap of 30,000 EI SmartMiles for dining.
How to Redeem Your Points?
- EI SmartMiles Mobile App - EI SmartMiles mobile app is perhaps the easiest and fastest way to redeem EI SmartMiles accumulated on the Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card. The app helps card users to instantly redeem their EI SmartMiles for free ait tickets, hotel bookings, miles exchange, and shopping in just a few clicks and a few seconds. In order to start redeeming EI SmartMiles via EI SmartMiles mobile app, users need to follow the below mentioned steps-
- Install EI SmartMiles App.
- Click on 'Activate'
- Enter Loyalty ID number (Printed on the card’s flip side)
- Enter full name and DOB (date of birth)
- Create username and password for EI SmartMiles account
As soon as Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card users finish these easy steps, they can start redeeming their EI SmartMiles via the dedicated mobile app instantly.
- Miles Exchange - Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card members can choose to redeem their miles for exchange with Etihad Guest or JetPrivilege membership miles for travel benefits with the two five-star airline operators.
Illustrated below are the steps for EI SmartMiles Exchange with Etihad Guest and JetPrivilege-
- Login to www.eismartmiles.ae
- Click on 'Miles exchange'
- Select Miles exchange
- Choose from 'Etihad Guest' and JetPrivilege
- Enter Etihad Guest or JP membership number
- Select quantity of EI SmartMiles for mile exchange
- Click on the submit button
Typically, it takes 5 working days to complete the Miles Exchange process.
- Free Travel - Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card members can instantly redeem their EI SmartMiles for unparalleled travel benefits including free air tickets with over 300 airlines and free hotel stays at over 180000 luxury hotels worldwide. EI SmartMiles can also be redeemed to book car rentals and airport transfers.
- Instant Purchase - Instant Purchase feature of EI SmartMiles programme allows Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card members to use their accumulated miles to shop from retail outlets or shopping websites worldwide. In order to use the Instant Purchase feature, card members are required to activate this feature in their EI SmartMiles account. Card members can make a purchase using their Emarati Credit Card and in 5 days EI SmartMiles, equivalent to the cost of the purchased item, is deducted from the EI SmartMiles account and a statement credit is posted to the Emirati Islamic Emarati Credit Card account.
- EI SmartMiles Online Marketplace - In addition to all this, Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card members can also visit the official online marketplace of EI SmartMiles and redeem their accumulated miles in exchange for wide range of retail products across categories including fashion, electronics, etc. Alternatively, card members may also choose to get an e-voucher and shop at one of the many malls across the UAE using the voucher.
Additional Information / Documentation
In order to apply for Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card, applicants need to have the below mentioned documents available with them-
- Passport Copy
- Emirates ID
- Salary Certificate
- 3 month bank statement
How to Apply For Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card?
Filling out the application for Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card is easy and doesn’t really have to be a cumbersome process for the UAE nationals. Remember, before issuing the card, Emirates Islamic would want to get acquainted with the personal and financial of the applicants in order to decide whether an applicant is eligible for the Emarati Credit Card or not.
The most important point to remember when applying for Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card is that the card is available only for Emiratis or UAE nationals and not expats or people from other nationalities. Here’s a list of just some of the many details that applicants typically need to fill in the Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card application form-
- Full Name
- Address in the UAE
- Whether the address provided is rented or self-owned
- Phone number, both personal and official
- Date of birth
- Employment status
- Total annual income
- Sources of income
- Financial assets
Please keep in mind that application requirement may differ from what’s provided above.
Here are a few things that applicants must keep in mind when filling up the application for Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card-
- Relevant Documents - While filling up the form doesn’t really take much time, collecting the relevant documents may prove to be a cumbersome process. In fact, most credit card applications are rejected due to non-availability or non-submission of relevant documents. Those applying for Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card must make sure of collecting all the vital documents beforehand in order to avoid any last minute rush. Documents like copy of passport, emirates id, salary certificates and bank statements are required to process the card application. Therefore, one must do well to collect these documents before applying for Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card.
- Comparing and Choosing - While Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card is an exclusive credit card for the UAE nationals, it may not prove to be rewarding for everyone. Remember, every applicant has a different financial objective and motive of buying a credit card. Therefore, it makes sense to compare the Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card with other similar credit cards in its category to see if its suits the needs, preferences and wants of the applicant. Policybazaar.ae is one such platform that allows applicants to compare different credit cards and helps them choose the credit card that offers best services in their specific interest.
- Checking the Fine Print - It is essential to read the credit agreement and understand the different aspects of the Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card before applying for it. It is vital to understand the Annual Percentage Rate (APR), balance transfer charges, nuances of rewards programme, interest-free period, cash withdrawal fees, credit limit applicable and over-limit fees. It is important to carefully understand these aspects of the credit card to ensure making a well-informed decision.
Question 1- Is there an annual fee for Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card?
Answer- No! This card is free for life for UAE nationals.
Question 2- How to check EI SmartMiles collected?
Answer- Card members can check their accumulated EI SmartMiles by logging into the EI SmartMiles portal. In order to do so, card members need to register on the portal by-
1- Visiting www.eismartmiles.ae and clicking on 'Activate’ button. Then they need to enter their loyalty account number, Date of Birth and Full Name.
Step 2- Card members are then promoted to set up a login id and password.
Once done, card members can login to their EI SmartMiles account and check the collected EI SmartMiles.
Question 3- What is Instant Purchase and how does it work?
Answer- Instant Purchase is a revolutionary feature that allows instant redemption of EI SmartMiles. It helps card members redeem their EI SmartMiles from any online site or outlet across the globe. In order to do so, card members must activate the ‘Instant Purchase’ feature and pay for the items of their choice via their Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card. Upon completion of 5 days from the date of purchase, quantity of EI SmartMiles, equivalent to the total amount of purchased item, is deducted from the account and a statement credit is posted in the Credit Card account.
Question 4- Does Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card allow cash withdrawals?
Answer- Yes! Card members can withdraw cash from one of the 780,000 ATMs worldwide or one of the many Emirates Islamic branches in lieu of a nominal fee.
Question 5- Do card members get supplementary card with this card?
Answer- Interested Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card members can get up to 4 supplementary cards for their family members. These supplementary cards also earn the same benefits and discounts as the primary card.
Question 6- Is the card Shari'a compliant?
Answer- The Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card is fully Shari'a compliant. No interest is charged to the card members. There is a nominal fixed monthly fee charged on the card members for the different features and benefits provided by the card.
Question 7- How to make payment for Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card?
Answer- Here’s a list of ways by which card members can payments for their Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card-
- Direct debit from Emirates Islamic Current/Investment Savings Account
- Online payments
- Cash payments
- Cheque payments
- Exchange Cash Payments
- ADCB Credit Cards
- ADIB Credit Cards
- Ajman Bank Credit Cards
- American Express Credit Cards
- CBI Credit Cards
- Citibank Credit Cards
- Commercial Bank of Dubai Credit Cards
- Dunia Finance Credit Cards
- Emirates Islamic Credit Cards
- Emirates NBD Credit Cards
- Mashreq Bank Credit Cards
- Mawarid Finance Credit Cards
- NAJM Credit Cards
- NBF Credit Cards
- Noor Bank Credit Cards