Dubai Islamic Bank Accounts
Incorporated in the year 1975, Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB) is an Islamic Bank in Dubai. From the beginning, DIB has remained a customer-centric organization, where customized personal service and honesty form the basis of all relationship. The bank caters comprehensive solutions for any financial need of its valuable customers.
DIB offers a huge range of value-driven banking facilities across the UAE, all in compliance with Shariah principles. Amongst the various products offered by DIB, a bank account is one of its best products. DIB offers various types of bank accounts such as current accounts, savings account, 2-in-1 accounts, and business accounts to fulfill the various banking need of its customer. Each and every Dubai Islamic Bank Account comes with various amazing features & benefits that help its customer to make the most of their money.
Features & Benefits of Dubai Islamic Bank Accounts
Following are the main features and benefits of the bank accounts offered by DIB:
- Attractive Profit Rates: The account holder of Dubai Islamic Bank Account can avail attractive & competitive profit rates.
- Multiple Currencies: DIB Bank accounts are available in multiple currencies
- Mobile & Online Banking: The bank offers the facility of online banking and mobile banking in order to ease the banking experience of its account holder.
- Bill Payment Facilities: The account holder can enjoy the free bill payment facility through several DIB bank accounts. The options for bill payments are DEWA, FEWA, SEWA, Du, Etisalat, and Salik.
- Account Statements: The account holder can account statements free of cost.
Dubai Islamic Bank Account Types
From current accounts & savings accounts to 2-in-1 accounts & business accounts, DIB offers a wide range of bank accounts to meet the diversified banking needs of its customer.
- DIB Current Accounts: DIB Current Accounts are designed for the convenience of its customer, providing them easy access to their funds no matter where they are. DIB offers 3 current accounts i.e. Al Islami Current Account, Al Islami Current Account Plus, and Johara Current Account. Each of these DIB current accounts has its own unique feature that makes them different from each other. In addition to this, they offer plenty of free services such as monthly teller transactions, cheque book, bill payment facility, and much more.
- DIB Savings Accounts: DIB offers 5 types of Shariah Complaint Savings Account i.e. Bonus Saver Account, AI Islami Savings Account, AI Islami E-Savings Account, Shaatir Savings Account, and Johara Savings Account. All of these bank accounts come with exciting features and benefits that allow its account holder to save efficiently.
- DIB 2-in-1 Accounts: The Dubai Islamic Bank offers a 2-in-1 account that provides the account holder with combined benefits of a Current as well as Savings account. This bank account offers excellent banking services guaranteeing its account holder to provide access any time and from anywhere in the world. The facilities of the cheque book, free teller transactions, and the flexibility of earning attractive profits on the deposits are offered on this DIB Bank Account.
- DIB Business Accounts: The Dubai Islamic Bank offers three account packages i.e. the AI Islami Business Account, AI Islami Business Account Plus, and AI Islami Business Account Premium in order to stay ahead in today’s dynamic business environment. Each of these business accounts offered by the DIB is loaded with extraordinary features & benefits to provide its account holder a convenience of managing their daily finance with the utmost ease.
Eligibility Criteria to Open Dubai Islamic Bank Account in UAE
For opening a bank account with DIB, the applicant needs to meet the following eligibility criteria as determined by the bank:
|DIB Bank Accounts||Minimum Account Balance Required|
|AI Islami Current Accounts||AED 3,000|
|AI Islami Savings Accounts||AED 10,000|
|AI Islami 2-in-1 Accounts||AED 3,000|
|AI Islami Business Accounts||AED 50,000|
Documents Required to Open Dubai Islamic Bank Account in UAE
In order to open a bank account with DIB, the applicant needs to submit the following documents:
|DIB Bank Accounts||Required Documents|
|AI Islami Current Accounts||NA|
|AI Islami Savings Accounts||NA|
|AI Islami 2-in-1 Accounts||NA|
|AI Islami Business Accounts||Valid Passport/Resident Visa (original)|
*Note: Organizations, companies, and government bodies will also need to submit some specific and relevant documents as required by the bank at the time of application (In case of business accounts).
How to Open Account in Dubai Islamic Bank?
Customers can open a DIB Bank Account by visiting the nearest DIB branch, submitting an online application, or via phone banking.
The easiest way of opening a bank account with DIB is through online mode. The applicant is simply required to visit the official website of the bank and can apply the desired bank account by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button. After that, fill in the essential details in the application form and submit it to the bank.
Applicants can also visit one of the many DIB branches in order to open a bank account.
Customers can also contact a DIB representative via phone in order to open bank account with DIB.
Dubai Islamic Bank - FAQs
Q.1. Can I open a DIB Bank Account online?
Yes, you can easily and quickly open a DIB bank account online by visiting the official website of the bank.
Q.2. Are the Dubai Islamic Bank Shariah-Compliant?
Yes, all the bank accounts offered by the Dubai Islamic Bank are in compliance with the Shariah principles of the Islamic laws.
Q.3. Do I need to pay any account opening charges for opening a bank account with DIB?
No. DIB doesn’t levy any account opening charge on you.
Q.4. Do I have to pay any account closure fee for closing a DIB Bank Account?
Yes, you need to pay an account closure fee of AED 26.25 for closing a bank account with Dubai Islamic Bank only when the account is closed within one year.
Q.5. What is the minimum balance required to maintain on the DIB current & savings account?
The minimum monthly average balance differs from account to account. Following are the requirements:
|AI Islami Current Account||AED 3000|
|AI Islami 2-in-1 Account||AED 10,000|
|AI Islami Savings Account||AED 3000|
Q.6. Do I need to pay any maintenance fee for bank accounts offered by DIB?
You will need to pay a ‘maintenance fee’ of 26.25 if you fail to maintain the minimum monthly average required by the DIB bank accounts.
Q.7. Are the DIB Bank Accounts are available in UAE currency only?
No, DIB bank accounts are available in AED as well as USD.
Q.8. Do I need to pay any fee for availing the e-statements of my DIB bank account?
No, you are not required to pay any charges for availing your account’s e-statement as it is complimentary facility provided by the bank to its customers.