Citibank Personal Loan
Established in 1955, Citibank boasts of a large international presence across more than 15 countries in the Middle East and North Africa region. Citibank has decade’s worth of experience in personal finance in the UAE. Citibank personal loan enables the UAE nationals and expats to avail of quick funding and short term capital at low interest rates.
The applicants can avail of Citibank personal loans in the UAE without any processing fees and a salary transfer. The Citibank personal loan offers generous loan amounts and plenty of additional benefits as detailed below.
Features and Benefits of the Citibank Personal Loan
The Citibank personal loan, also referred to as the Citibank personal installment loan offers loan borrowers the following features and benefits:
Citibank personal loans offer the applicant a high loan amount i.e. up to 8 times their salary. The Citibank personal loans in the UAE are capped at a maximum limit of AED 175,000.
The Citibank online personal loan application process is extremely quick. The Citibank personal loan offers within-the-day loan approval and disbursement as per the applicable terms and conditions.
No Processing Fee
Till December 31st 2019, the Citibank personal loan will be offered without any processing fee. This is applicable for requested loan amount from less than AED 50,000 to upwards of AED 150,000.
Citibank personal loan interest rates are reducing in nature. It means with every instalment the loan borrower pays, the interest reduces.
Currently, Citi personal loans offer bonus cash back of up to AED 1,500. This cashback amount is credited upon the approval of the Citibank personal loan.
Citibank Personal Loan Eligibility and Required Documents
To avail of the best Citibank personal loan offers, the applicant will have to meet the following Citibank personal loan eligibility criteria:
While the minimum age for Citi personal loan applicants is 21 years, younger applicants between the 18 years – 21 years of age can also apply for the joint loan with the sign-off of a legal guardian.
For checking the applicant’s eligibility for a Citibank personal loan in the UAE, their credit score will be checked to ensure they have a positive payment track record.
Please Note- Good credit score makes it easier for the applicant to qualify for larger Citibank personal installment loans.
The Citibank personal loan eligibility criterion for minimum salary is fairly low. The applicant must have a minimum monthly income of AED 8,000to avail of the many Citi personal installment loan
The defining trait of Citibank personal loans in Dubai and other Emirates is their non-mandatory salary transfer feature. Citibank personal loans in the UAE do not require a salary transfer. However, the loan borrower who opts for a salary transfer can enjoy much lower Citibank personal loan interest rates.
The applicant can complete their Citibank online personal loan application by submitting the following documents:
- Citibank Application: The bank has made it extremely easy for UAE residents looking for a Citibank personal loan to apply by offering a secure digital application form. Citibank online personal loan application may receive approval in as little as a day itself.
- Employment and Income: Citibank personal loans in the UAE will require the applicant to submit their latest 3 months’ bank statement, their employer’s details, and their latest salary slips.
- ID Proof: While Citi personal loan expat applicants are required to submit their Emirates ID, passport and valid UAE visa, UAE nationals are required to submit their Emirates ID.
Citibank Personal Loan Interest Rates
The Citibank personal loan rates charge a reducing balance interest. A reducing balance interest is charged directly on the outstanding principal amount. Every time the loan borrower pays an instalment, the Citibank personal loan interest rate decreases.
|Citibank Personal Loan|
|Category||Max Loan Amount||Tenor||Interest Rate||Type of Interest|
|With a Salary Transfer||AED 175,000||6 months - 48 months||6.99% - 14.99% (p.a.)||Reducing|
|Without a Salary Transfer||AED 250,000||6 months - 48 months||13.99% - 24.99% (p.a.)||Reducing|
(Updated as of May 2019)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1- Can I calculate Citibank personal loan EMI before applying?’
Ans: Yes, you can use the Citibank personal loan calculator free of charge to calculate your monthly instalment amount. The Citibank personal loan EMI calculator is available on the Citibank website and allows applicants to estimate their EMI for salary transfer and non-salary transfer loans alike.
Q2- What are the currently available Citibank personal loan offers?
Ans: 2019 is the year of Citibank personal installment loans. As of now, Citibank personal loans offer 0 processing charge and even offer cash back of as much as AED 1,500 upon approval of the Citi personal loan.
Q3- What is the direct debit facility?
Ans: The loan borrower can set up standing instruction for payment of their Citibank personal loan. This direct debit feature allows Citibank to automatically deduct EMI from the loan borrower’s account every month. Direct debits can be set up online on the Citibank site.
Q4- Is it mandatory to transfer my salary to avail of a Citibank personal loan?
Ans: No, Citibank personal loans in the UAE are available both and without salary transfer. Having said that, salary transfer loan applicants have to pay lower Citibank personal loan interest rates.
Q5- What is the loan amount offered for a Citibank personal loan with a salary transfer?
Ans: Salary-transfer Citibank personal loans offer up to 20 times the applicant’s salary, for a maximum of AED 250,000.
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Personal Loan
- ADCB Personal Loan
- ADNIF Personal Loan
- Ajman Bank Personal Loan
- Al Hilal Bank Personal Loan
- Al Khaliji France Personal Loan
- Al Wifaq Personal Loan
- CBD Personal Loan
- CBI Personal Loan
- Dubai First Personal Loan
- Dubai Islamic Bank Personal Loan
- Dunia Finance Personal Loan
- Emirates Islamic Bank Personal Loan
- Emirates NBD Personal Loan
- FAB Personal Loan
- Finance House Personal Loan
- HSBC Personal Loan
- Mashreq Bank Personal Loan
- Mawarid Finance Personal Loan
- National Bank of Fujairah Personal Loan
- Noor Bank Personal Loan
- RAK Bank Personal Loan
- Samba Financial Group Personal Loan
- Sharjah Islamic Bank Personal Loan
- Standard Chartered Personal Loan
- UAB Personal Loan
- Union National Bank Personal Loan
- How to Avail a Personal Loan from ADIB at a Low Rate of Interest?
- Why do Banks Reject Applications of Personal Loan in UAE?
- Do You Know Noor Bank Provide the Best Personal Loan at Low Interest Rate?
- What is Personal Loan EMI and How Personal Loan Calculator Works?
- Which is Better a Personal Loan or Mortgage in UAE?