CBD Smiles Visa Platinum Credit Card
CBD or Commercial Bank of Dubai is a progressive banking institution that aims at providing greater financial freedom and social prosperity.
The CBD Smiles Visa Platinum Credit Card allows the cardholder to step into a world full of Smiles with its loyalty program called ‘smiles UAE.’ Under this, the cardmember is rewarded for purchases made using the CBD Smiles Platinum card. Additionally, upon sign up the consumer is offered a welcome bonus in the form of Smile points.
Features and Benefits of CBD Smiles Visa Platinum Credit Card
Here is a detailed view of the distinguishing features and benefits of the CBD Smiles Platinum card:
The cardholder can take advantage of the exclusive lifestyle perks offered by the Visa Platinum.
The member of the CBD Smiles Visa Platinum Credit Card does not have worry about the lifetime of their products anymore as CBD doubles the repair period offered by the original manufacturer for up to 1 year.
The cardmember no longer has to take stress while making a big purchase. If he/she makes a purchase with CBD Smiles Visa Platinum Credit Card at a partner retailer, the purchase is covered against any theft or damage to the purchase.
Rewards and Offers on CBD Smiles Visa Platinum Credit Card
Below is the list of best rewards and offers on the Smiles Platinum card:
When the consumer applies for this CBD Smiles Platinum card, upon approval, he/she is entitled to earn a bonus of 10,000 Smiles points.
The existing card member is entitled to a quarterly bonus of 7,500 Smiles points. The condition for earning this bonus is that the member shall achieve a minimum spending target of US$7,500 or equivalent AED.
The cardholder is rewarded for every spends incurred on the CBD Smiles Visa Platinum Credit Card. The following points are earned on different spending categories:
- 5 Smiles Points are earned for Etisalat spends or through the mobile app of Smiles UAE.
- Up to 1.5 Smiles points are earned on Domestic spends.
- Up to 2 Smiles points are earned on International spends.
These Smile points can be easily redeemed using the Smiles UAE app across different categories, namely:
- Bill payments
The members of this CBD Smiles Platinum card can enjoy a day out at the cinema with 50% off on tickets purchased at VOX Cinema on Sundays.
The cardholders are entitled to buy 1 get 1 free and discounts of up to 25% across more than 500 lifestyle and dining merchants.
The following are the travel discounts offered to a CBD Smiles Platinum cardholder:
- 12% discount on Agoda’s official website.
- 8% on hotels.com’s official website.
Meet and Assist Discounts
With the YQ Meet and Assist, the cardholder can avail of a discount worth 30%.
Limited Time Offers
The special limited-time offers for the card members are as follows:
- Free unlimited one for one offers for a period of up to 90 days.
- A discount worth AED 100 on Car Insurance on Yalla Compare’s official website.
- A discount voucher for AED 100 that can be redeemed at Laguna Waterpark for a Full Day Pass.
(Updated on January 6, 2020)
Eligibility Criteria and Fees & Charges CBD Smiles Visa Platinum Credit Card
Here are the Eligibility Criteria for the CBD Smiles Visa Platinum:
- The applicant must be a UAE National with a minimum age of 21 years and a maximum age of 65 years (at the date of card expiry) or a UAE resident with a minimum age of 21 years and maximum age of 60 years (at the date of card expiry).
- The applicant must be a salaried individual and must be a confirmed employee with a minimum salary of AED 8,000.
The following documents are required in order to apply for this Smiles card:
- National ID or a valid passport, Emirates ID and residence visa.
- Salary certificate.
If the applicant is self-employed:
- National ID or a valid passport, Emirates ID and residence visa.
- Valid trade license.
Fees and Charges
The table below details the applicable fee and charges for this Smiles card.
|Fees and Charges||Amount|
AED 349 with First Year Free
Annual Fee for Supplementary Card
Free for Life
Card Replacement Fee
Late Payment Fee
Over Limit Fee
3.45% per month
1.5% (only for CBD Private Banking Customers)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1. What is the CBD Smiles Credit Card?
Ans: The CBD Smiles card is a card that is offered by the partnership of CBD and Etisalat. It is available in two variants namely, CBD Smiles Visa Platinum Credit Card and CBD Smiles Signature Credit Card.
Q.2. Can I get the CBD Smiles Visa Platinum Credit Card without the membership fee?
Ans: The membership fee charged on your Smiles Platinum card cannot be reversed or waived off. The CBD Smiles Visa Platinum Credit Card is offered with the first year being free, and the membership fee is applicable from the second year onwards.
Q.3. How can I apply for the CBD Smiles Visa Platinum Credit Card?
Ans: You can apply for the CBD Smiles Platinum easily by calling the helpline number + 971 600 575 556 or through the bank’s official website.
Q.4. What is ‘Smiles’?
Ans: Smiles or Smiles UAE is a loyalty program operated and owned by Etisalat. This allows those residing in UAE to enroll in the loyalty program and earn points for purchases or payments of services of Etisalat or for purchases at partner stores and also for everyday spends on the CBD Smiles Visa Platinum Credit Card. These points later can be redeemed for payment of bills of Etisalat and at more than 1000s brands or stores across various categories such as dining, shopping, entertainment, etc.
Q.5. Is there any fee and charges for the Smiles program?
Ans: The enrollment in this loyalty program is free of cost, there is no enrollment fee charged or any other charges applicable.
Q.6. Who can enroll in ‘Smiles’?
Ans: UAE residents with a valid UAE phone number can enroll in Smiles UAE. These are inclusive of:
- Etisalat pre-paid and post-paid mobile numbers owned by individuals.
- Etisalat corporate numbers that are owned by firms/ enterprises/companies but are used by agents or employees.
- Non-Etisalat pre-paid and post-paid mobile numbers owned by companies but used by agents or employees or owned by individuals.
- ADCB Credit Cards
- ADIB Credit Cards
- Ajman Bank Credit Cards
- American Express Credit Cards
- Aseel Finance Credit Cards
- CBI Credit Cards
- Citibank Credit Cards
- Commercial Bank of Dubai Credit Cards
- Deem Finance Credit Cards
- Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Emirates Islamic Credit Cards
- Emirates NBD Credit Cards
- Finance House Credit Cards
- HSBC Credit Cards
- Mashreq Bank Credit Cards
- Mawarid Finance Credit Cards
- NAJM Credit Cards
- NBF Credit Cards
- Noor Bank Credit Cards
- RAKBANK Credit Cards
- Sharjah Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Standard Chartered Bank Credit Cards
- United Arab Bank (UAB) Credit Cards