Cash Back Credit Cards
For anyone living in Dubai, or in fact anywhere around the UAE, cash back credit cards offer a myriad of benefits. The way cash back credit cards work is pretty simple. The bank rewards the cardholder for the purchase made using a credit card in the form of additional balance. The reward is offered by the bank as a pre-decided percentage of cash back on every purchase. If the cardholder pays off the credit card bill, he can use the received cash back in the form of discounts for most of their purchases. The applicable terms and conditions for the best Cashback Credit Card in UAE vary on the basis of the banks.
In more generalized terms, a cash back program is a reward program offered by various credit card providers where a percentage of the cash spent by the cardholder is paid back. Many card providers offer various programs and offers to encourage incentive-based purchases. Under these programs, the frequent usage of the card rewards the cardholder in the form of additional discounts, flyer miles or monetary benefits.
The monetary benefit is the primary benefit offered by cash back credit cards. In most of the cases, cash back credit cards come with an annual rebate of a specific percentage of the net spend(paid expenses-refunds), which is either transferred to the account or paid to the card member separately.
Cash Back Credit Cards and Merchant Payments
When a merchant accepts payment by credit card, a pre-decided percentage of the transaction amount is transferred as a commission to the bank. When accepting an electronic payment, the merchant cannot charge a higher price from the cardholder. The credit card issuer i.e. the bank will offer a part of the commission to the cardholder. It will encourage them to use the credit card when making a transaction. These days, accountholders are opting for rewards based products like cash back credit cards. Rewards based products such as cash back credit cards have a higher APR (annual percentage rate).
In case the cash back credit card bill is not fully paid, the bank will charge an extra interest. Apart from that, it will diminish the possibility of earning any rewards.
Credit cards have become integral for every person. With a sudden rise in average purchasing capacity of modern city dwellers in the UAE, there has also been an exponential increase in usage of credit cards. Owing to this positive change, banks have become more competitive than ever. As a result, they offer numerous benefits with the best cash back credit cards in UAE.
The potential and popularity of cashback credit cards in the Arab region are on the rise. Hence, almost every major bank offers the cashback credit cards but best cash back cards in UAE are offered by a few banks.
Features and Benefits of Cash Back Credit Cards
Getting valuable information helps an individual in shortlisting which cashback card is worth opting for. Listed below are some important features and benefits of cashback credit cards.
- Returns - The return rate on a cash back credit card is probably the most important aspect for any individual. Many cash back credit cards provide a minimum return of 1% that means the cardholder earns a UAE Dirham for every 100 Dirham spent. But some cards offer better offer rates if the cardholders make any transaction at pre-listed retail stores.
- Enhanced Rewards for Certain Categories - Best cash back card in UAE offer a better rate of return for some product categories. For example, some banks offer enhanced returns for spending more at the grocery and drug store. The reward can be as high as up to four times additional cash back.
- No Fee Options - The best cash back credit cards in the UAE don’t charge any annual fees. While some banks charge an annual fee on cash back credit card in UAE, these cards offer a higher percentage of cash back.
- Bonuses - Typically, banks offer sign up bonus the moment an accountholder signs up for a credit card. Apart from that, cash-back credit cards offer a higher return on retail spending for specific time duration or a waiver of the annual fee for the first year.
When it comes to describing the advantages and benefits, Dubai First Cashback Card is one of the best credit cards offered in the UAE. With an annual fee of AED 400, the cardholders can earn more cash back on daily purchases than any other cash back credit card in UAE. Apart from that, an array of lifestyle and travel privileges is offered to the cardholder.
Interestingly, the more a cardholder uses a credit card for everyday purchases, the higher cashback he receives. Instead of making purchases using a debit card or cash, which do not offer any rewards; using a cashback card always offer something in return. There is often a cap on how much reward the cardholder can earn on promotional purchases or quarterly benefits programs. The cardholder must read the fine print of the card’s terms and conditions to make the most of their reward program.
Cash Back Credit Cards Eligibility
Not everyone qualifies for a cashback card since the card comes with specific requirements. The eligibility criteria vary from bank to bank. The applicants must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements of the card they want to apply for. It will reduce the chances the application being rejected and affecting the credit ratings.
How to Apply for the Best Cash Back Credit Card in the UAE?
To apply for a cashback card, the applicant can visit the nearest branch of the preferred bank and submit the application form via the offline channel. Apart from that, the applicant can log on to the bank's website and apply securely. Some banks come up with a limited period offer like waiver or discount on the charges for the applicants applying online.
The applicants can seek expert’s advice on the matter pertaining to credit card application and eligibility. Policybazaar.ae can help the applicants get through the entire process and offer the best guidance on getting the best cashback credit card in UAE.
Top UAE Banks with Cash Back Credit Card
Cash Back Credit cards have gained popularity in recent times. Banks are building a strong consumer base for credit cards in UAE. The benefits offered by these credit cards vary from bank to bank. Listed below are some of the most popular credit cards in UAE.
The Citi cashback card enables the cardholders to save more on every purchase. Citi cash back credit cardholders can earn up to 5 % cash back on their daily purchases.
An applicant can apply for if he/she is earning a minimum salary of AED 8000. The card does not charge any annual fees for the first year. From the second year onwards, the card is free unless the cardholder hasn’t met the minimum annual spend of AED 9,000.
Features of Citi Cashback Credit Card
Here are the features of Citi cashback credit card:
- The cardholders can get unlimited cashback on all purchases.
- For international expenses, the cardholders can get 3% cashback.
- For spending on grocery, the cardholders can get 2% cashback.
- There is no minimum spend limit applicable on the
CBD Super Saver Credit Card
CBD offers CBD privileges with the new super saver credit card. As the name itself suggests, it is one of the best cashback credit cards in UAE.
Features of Super Saver Credit Card
Here are the features of CBD super saver credit card:
- It offers 10 % cashback on the following categories for everyday retail spent. It comes with a cap of AED 200 each category on a monthly basis, when the cardholder spends AED 1500 outside these categories:
- Bills ( e.g. telecom bills, government-linked payment, and utility bills)
- Schools, colleges and universities across the UAE and abroad
- Grocery stores and supermarket
- Fuel for transport
- It offers 1 % cashback for every AED 2 spent, without any cap.
- It offers free Valtrans valet parking twice a month at over 15 locations.
- It offers 50 % discount on movie tickets at VOX cinema across the UAE.
- For new customers, no annual fee is charged for the first year.
How to Find the Best Cashback Credit Card In UAE?
In order to come across the best cashback credit card in the UAE. Here are some points that applicants ought to consider:
- The Rate of Earning: The amount of cashback a cardholder earns speaks volume about the type of card he/she opts for. The offer rate of earning can be consistent across all spends, or the best rates can be applicable on certain purchases. The applicants must ensure they evaluate the exact rate of earning before zeroing down on a particular card.
- Easy Redemption: There is a bit of variation in all cash-back cards when it comes to evaluating the cash in hands or bank account. Some cards transfer rewards automatically get credited to the account, while others offer the card points/miles that can be availed for cashback redemption. The cardholder ought to go through the terms and conditions of the card in order to make the most of the offers.
- Add-on Perks: There are also some additional perks offered on the card which might in the form of a waiver of foreign transaction fees. Such benefits add significant value to a card.
- Yearly Fee: An important aspect to consider is the annual A majority of the credit cards do not come with an annual fee, but there are a few credit cards that do. It is essential to factor in the applicable yearly fee (if any) before finalizing a card.
How to Find the Best Cash-Back Credit Cards in UAE?
Given these aforementioned factors, it can be quite tricky to determine whether a card would add more value to the wallet of the applicant or not. However, opting for the process of elimination is the key come across the best plan. Comparing credit cards on the basis of the four factors mentioned above can help an applicant to find out which cards suits him the best. By wholeheartedly focusing on the perks that matter the most, the applicants will be able to trim down the list and come across the best card.
Why You Should Choose Policybazaar.ae?
Policybazaar.ae is not only a leading service provider of all the things related to finance but also offers the online solutions that help make financial decisions easy and hassle-free. Policybazaar.ae gives substantial consideration to customer’s queries and demands pertaining to the credit cards, insurance and other financial products. When it comes to zeroing in on the best cash back credit cards, Policybazaar.ae provide a thorough analysis and an extensive comparison on the basis of benefits, prices, merits and demerits across various categories. Bridging the gap between the customer’s need and the provider’s supply, Policybazaar.ae makes the entire process as easy as possible. Moreover, it ensures that all queries are addressed properly when the applicant asks for it.
- ADCB Credit Cards
- ADIB Credit Cards
- Ajman Bank Credit Cards
- American Express Credit Cards
- Aseel Finance Credit Cards
- CBI Credit Cards
- Citibank Credit Cards
- Commercial Bank of Dubai Credit Cards
- Deem Finance Credit Cards
- Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Emirates Islamic Credit Cards
- Emirates NBD Credit Cards
- FAB Credit Cards
- Finance House Credit Cards
- HSBC Credit Cards
- Mashreq Bank Credit Cards
- Mawarid Finance Credit Cards
- NAJM Credit Cards
- NBF Credit Cards
- Noor Bank Credit Cards
- RAKBANK Credit Cards
- Sharjah Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Standard Chartered Bank Credit Cards
- United Arab Bank (UAB) Credit Cards