Central Bank of UAE is now also encouraging UAE nationals and residents to go cashless. Here is the list of top 10 E-wallets in the UAE.
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) offers a range of banking products and services to its customers – from savings accounts, current accounts, and overdrafts to credit cards and loans. It provides an array of current accounts to cater to the requirements of different market segments in the UAE. This includes personal current account, elite current account, FAB one account, Elite Guest account, and Elite Guest elite account.
With Etihad Guest Elite Account, you can enjoy a number of value-added benefits including miles and travel rewards. In this article, we will discuss the most relevant features, benefits, eligibility criteria, required documents, application process, and more related to the Etihad Guest Elite Account.
For those planning to open a bank account in the UAE, FAB Etihad Guest Elite Account can be a great choice due to the rewards and offers it provides to its customers. Some of the major ones are:
(1) Etihad Guest Miles Loyalty Programme: FAB Etihad Guest Elite Account users and Etihad Signature debit cardholders can earn Etihad guest miles on the transactions made.
Given below are the different categories in which you can earn miles:
(2) Travel Benefits: The account holder can enjoy the following complimentary travel benefits –
(3) Protection Benefits: Etihad Guest Signature debit card offers numerous protection benefits –
(4) Easy Access to Your Account: You can easily access your account using internet banking and the FAB mobile app at any time and from anywhere.
(5) Open Your Account Instantly: You can easily get your account opened in a few taps using your Emirates ID, with no paperwork being required to apply for the FAB Etihad Guest Elite Account
Discussed below are the notable features and benefits of the FAB Etihad Guest Elite Account –
In order to apply for the FAB Etihad Guest Elite Account, the applicant must have a total relationship balance equivalent to AED 500,000 or more
The applicant needs to submit the following documents to open FAB Etihad Guest Elite Bank Account.
Note: Additional documents might be required by the bank depending on the applicant
Given below is the list of fees and charges associated with the FAB Etihad Guest Elite Account –
|Account Services||Fees and Charges|
|Minimum balance requirement||Nil|
|Low balance charge||Nil|
|Account closure fee||AED 105|
|Account statement||Free within the agreed cycle and AED 26.25 outside the cycle|
|Teller services||8 free per month and AED 10 afterwards|
|Release or clearance letter||AED 52.50|
|Telegraphic transfer in AED||AED 5.25 (four free per month)|
|Telegraphic transfer in Euro, USD, and AUD||AED 105|
|Telegraphic transfer except for AED, EURO, USD, and AUD||AED 84|
|Manager’s cheque/ demand draft||AED 31.50|
|Standing instructions set up||AED 52.50|
|Penalty for insufficient funds for standing order||AED 25|
|Fees and Charges Related to Cheques Associated with FAB Etihad Guest Elite Account|
|Cheque Services||Fees and Charges|
|Returned cheque book fees when deposited into your account||Nil|
|Returned chequebook fees when drawn on your account||AED 100|
|Stopping payment instruction via cheque||AED 52.50|
|Special clearing on non-FAB cheque||AED 205|
|Fees and Charges for Etihad Signature Debit Card|
|Debit Card Services||Fees and Charges|
|For issuing the primary card||Free|
|Replacement of lost or stolen card||AED 26.25|
|Own ATM fees||Free|
|For using an ATM outside the UAE||As per the host country system ( 1 free per month)|
|For using another bank's ATMs in the UAE||AED 2.10 (4 free per month)|
|Foreign currency transactions added to the foreign exchange rate||2.1% of transaction value|
|Copy of sales receipt||AED 26.25|
An individual can open a FAB Etihad Guest Elite Bank Account via any of the following ways –
(1) FAB Mobile App: You can download the FAB mobile application via the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, or App Gallery, depending on your device. As an alternative, you can scan the QR code given on the official website of the FAB for the download and use the link to install the application.
Once downloaded, you can enter your personal details or use your Emirates ID to register your account. Your account will be opened instantaneously after verification.
The benefits of applying for the FAB Etihad Guest Elite Bank Account through the FAB mobile app are as follows:
(2) Online Mode: The lead form present on the official website of the bank represents another way to apply for the FAB Etihad Guest Elite Account. Here, the applicant can simply go to the bank's official website and locate the lead form on the FAB Etihad Guest Elite Account page. After verifying your provided information, the bank personnel will contact you and move your application further.
(3) Offline Mode: You can also visit a FAB branch and apply for the FAB Etihad Guest Elite Account there. You can obtain an application form at the branch and submit it after filling it out and attaching the required documents.
After the verification of your application, a bank representative will connect with you to discuss how you can proceed further with the application.
(4) Phone Banking: One can always dial the bank's official number and submit their account opening request there.
As the FAB Etihad Guest Elite Account is a zero balance account, you won't be required to maintain a minimum balance.
No, the FAB Etihad Guest Elite Account is not a multi-currency account. You can only perform transactions in AED.
The total relationship balance is the sum of all the amount present in the current/savings/call accounts, fixed deposits, and investments with a particular bank or provider.
With the FAB Etihad Guest Elite Account, you get a complimentary Etihad guest signature debit card. This card offers travel benefits like free airport lounge access to more than 650 airport lounges worldwide, round-the-clock concierge service, and more.
The daily ATM cash withdrawal limit is AED 30,000, while the retail purchase transaction limit is up to AED 75,000 for the Etihad Guest Signature debit card.