American Express Platinum Card
With a population of about 94 lakhs (as per the World Bank in the year 2017), UAE consumers are increasingly depending on the cashless money and are choosing plastic money over paper bills and coins. As per reports, by the year 2020, plastic money will overtake cash as a preferred mode of transaction. People are using their credit cards to ensure not just ease of payment, but also use these to make the most out of the services plastic money have to offer.
Looking at the increasing need of getting the best out of what the consumer has to pay, American Express has launched it American Express Platinum Card that not only provides its users the freedom to spend on luxury, but also give them the experiences of their lifetime. Here’s everything that the Amex Platinum Card has to offer.
About American Express Company
American Express, also referred to as Amex is the American multinational financial services corporation that offers credit cards, charge cards, and travel and insurance products. Founded in the year 1850, Amex is a brand that is estimated to be of worth US $24.5 billion. In fact, in the year 2018, American Express Company bagged the world’s most admired company with 14th rank by Fortune. After setting up its headquarter in New York City, Amex has offices in Canada, England, and in the Middle East and North Africa.
About American Express Platinum Card
American Express gives its credit card users a variety of options to choose from. Every credit card is designed in a way that gives the user a unique experience in multiple aspects of life. Similarly, one such amazing credit card that Amex boasts of is the American Express Platinum Card, which is designed to enrich a card holder’s lifestyle, no matter where one resides in the world. The Platinum Card invites its card members to the word of not just unique offers and luxuries but world-class services that will bring out an experience of a lifetime. The American Express Platinum Card offers its users exclusive lifestyle and travel privileges, elite platinum services and no pre-set spending limit making the user experience even better.
Salient Features of the American Express Platinum Card
American Express Platinum Credit Card comes loaded with plenty of useful features to make sure a rewarding experience to its cardholders. No doubt, this is the best credit card in UAE from American Express remains one of the preferred choices for both the residents and expats of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) alike.
Here are a few important features of the American Express Platinum Credit Card:
- The Platinum Card does not have a pre-set spending limit.
- There are no interest charges
- The card member needs to just pay off the balance in full each month without having to pay for the interest charges.
- The annual fee is $750.
- Easy enrolment to the leading hotel loyalty programme.
- Comprehensive travel insurance.
- Dedicated platinum travel and concierge services 24x7.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi services with Boingo.
- The card member will also receive a US $300 annual travel voucher.
- Complimentary Priority Pass enrolment to over 1,200 airport lounges globally for basic and supplementary card member.
- Complimentary enrolment to membership rewards program.
Benefits of American Express Platinum Card
The American Express Platinum Credit Card is amongst the premium credit cards that are available in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) region, which provides a wide range of rewards and benefits to the card members. Lucrative benefits and rewards offered by the AMEX Platinum card promise convenience and huge savings. Below are the key benefits offered by American Express Platinum Card:
The card member can choose to go wherever in the world with American Express Platinum Card’s travel vouchers up to US $300 and make it special. The travel vouchers makes the experience richer by special discounts by partner airlines, warm welcomes at the airport lounges and Wi-Fi access globally. Here are some of the benefits every Platinum Card member will get.
- Exclusive savings with airline partners through amazing discount offers.
- The card member will get guaranteed $300 travel voucher one cannot miss.
- The card promises to give complimentary airport lounge access globally and regionally with Priority Pass region, for the card member and the Platinum Supplementary card member.
- For assistance with any travel requirement, Platinum travel service is just a call away for the card members.
- The card members will get complimentary global Wi-Fi service with Boingo.
What the card member can expect?
The card members can expect the following benefits:
Annual Travel Voucher
Each time the card member renews with Platinum, American Express will reward with a travel voucher worth US $300 that can be redeemed through Platinum Travel Service. So the card user can make use of it any time and ensure a discounted travel, along with easy hotel reservation.
Boingo American Express Preferred Plan
The card members can enjoy unlimited and complimentary Wi-Fi access with the Boingo American Express Preferred Plan. In this plan, the card user will not have to pay roaming fees, and will receive free Wi-Fi accessibility on up to four devices; thanks to Boingo hotspots globally. These hotspots will be available at hundreds of airports and thousands of hotels, also including other popular locations.
Easy Airport Lounge Access
As a platinum card member, one can ensure a safe and comfortable journey with access to over 1,000 airport lounges in more than 130 countries across the world. There are three programmes that can help the card member to access the lounges- one is Priority Pass, the second is American Express lounges and The Centurion lounge network and the third one is Delta Sky Club.
International Airline Programme
The International Airline Programme by American Express Platinum Card offers a range of offers with some of the leading airlines. Some of the these deals may include-
- Special rates on business and first class in Emirates
- 15 percent off pearl business class and diamond first class in Etihad
- The card member can enjoy up to 18 percent off on business and first class in British Airways
- The user can get up to 15 percent off premium class in Lufthansa
More Travel Benefits...
This is not it, this card has some more travel benefits to offer:
The Vacation Collection
The card helps the members give a range of experiences and destinations at great prices. The platinum card will help the user get room upgrades when available, early check-ins and late check-out, additional amenity at the property, including dining experiences or spa treatment and other special offers one cannot miss.
Fine Hotels and Resorts
The card members will have access to more than 975 iconic hotels and resorts that will provide them with exclusive experiences and privileges. These experiences may range from complimentary spa treatment, to hotel room upgradation, along with late check-out, making the user experience richer and better.
Hotel Loyalty Programme Elite Status
The Amex lets its card members experience enhanced benefits with hotel loyalty programmes. Amex along with its partner hotels will help the user give more amazing benefits and privileges one can never say no to.
Cruise Privileges Programme
American Express Platinum Card entitles the user to a wide range of benefits with Cruise Privileges Programme. These benefits may include shore excursion credits and on-board credits.
Membership Rewards and More
Every time the card user makes a purchase with the American Express Platinum Card, one member reward will be given on every $1 spent. The products can range from groceries from the supermarket or airline tickets for any destination in the world. The bonus part about this membership reward is that the points the user earns can never expire; so one can collect these points as long as they would want. Here are some examples of the membership rewards the user can get on spending through the American Express Platinum Card.
- Spend US $2,200 per month and earn 26,400 membership rewards points per annum
- Spend US $4,500 per month and earn 54,000 membership rewards points per annum
- Spend US $9,000 per month and earn 1,08,000 membership rewards points per annum
- Spend US $10,000 per month and earn 1,20,400 membership rewards points per annum
More membership reward points that the card user can enjoy:
- Complimentary upgrades and flights with Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest, and British Airways among others
- Complimentary hotel stays with Hilton Honors, Jumeirah Sirius and Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG)
- Indulgent gift cards and shopping vouchers from Harrods, Amazon, and Rivoli Group among others.
Here’s what card members can expect from the American Express Platinum Card lifestyle services
Platinum Concierge Service
Platinum concierge is a service for all types of advice and recommendations on almost everything; ranging from flowers to fashionable places to eat among others. So if the card user wants to get the best dining experience or great night outs and experience amazing cultural experiences or breathtaking sights, then Platinum concierge service is the way to go.
American Express Invites
American Express Invites offer sought-after events for the card members, turning inspiring moments in to everlasting experiences. American Express also serves up more than 600 specially selected restaurants across the world. The users can enjoy up to 20 percent off the food bill or a complimentary appetiser. For shopaholics, one can preview new fashion collections, get access to pre-sale events, and enjoy complimentary tailoring and alterations.
Insurance of the American Express Platinum Card
No matter where the user is, one can shop, travel and eat safely and in case things don’t go the way they were planned American Express has it all sorted. Amex not only protects the card member, but also one’s family, spouse, or children. Here are some examples that can help the card member understand the insurance coverage and claims under the American Express Platinum Card.
- Purchase Protection insurance up to US $2,000
- Refund Protection insurance up to US $550
- Travel Car Rental Insurance up to US $30,000
- Travel Accident Insurance up to US $1 million
In case the card member wants to claim their insurance, one can submit and track the claims status online.
This website will redirect the user to new and secure AIG website where the user can submit their policy number and login, and further follow the instructions thereon.
Supplementary Card Benefit
The benefits do not end here. The card user can enjoy more benefits through supplementary cards. There are two ways to attain these supplementary cards for more beneficial experiences. One way is to enrol one of the immediate family members (they should be 15 years of age or above) and earn at least five supplementary cards. The other way is to attain these supplementary cards at a fee.
The card users can follow these steps to apply for supplementary cards:
Step 1: Log in to your mobile app
Step 2: Tap on ‘Services’
Step 3: Tap on ‘Apply for a Supplementary Card’
Step 4: Select a card
Step 5: Tap on Submit
American Express Platinum Card Fees and Charges:
Here is the fee to attain supplementary cards for more benefits:
The platinum card- basic, which includes
1 platinum supplementary card
4 gold supplementary cards
Additional supplementary cards
Each additional platinum supplementary card at US $350 (maximum of 6).
Each additional gold supplementary card at US $75
Charges on overdue balance
Monthly compound charge of 2.5% of all the outstanding sums, along with late fee payment of US $30
Reprint of statement fee
US $10 per statement
Direct debit and returned cheque fee
Transaction fees on the cash withdrawal
US $15 or 4%, whichever is higher
US $5,000 every 30 days
Conversion processing fee for non US billing currency transactions
Priority pass guest admission fee
1. Easy Online Access
Card members do not have to stand in queues to know their Platinum Card status. Instead they can easily access it online. Users need to register themselves for convenient online access to the Platinum card account. With these online services on the website, one can also do the following:
- Request a supplementary card
- Set alert preferences for SMS and email
- Update the contact details
- Activate the American Express Platinum Card
- Refer a friend or a family member to take advantage of the American Express Platinum Card and earn bonus membership reward points.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for the American Express Platinum Card
Here are a few criteria that make one eligible for applying to American Express Platinum Card
- The person should be 21 years of age or above
- One must have a UAE home address or should be a resident of UAE
- One must not have a history of bad debts
- The person should have an annual income of at least US $1,00,000 (or local currency equivalent)
- If the person is self-employed, s/he should be working for more than two years
- ADCB Credit Cards
- ADIB Credit Cards
- Ajman Bank Credit Cards
- American Express Credit Cards
- Aseel Finance Credit Cards
- CBI Credit Cards
- Citibank Credit Cards
- Commercial Bank of Dubai Credit Cards
- Deem Finance Credit Cards
- Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Emirates Islamic Credit Cards
- Emirates NBD Credit Cards
- FAB Credit Cards
- Finance House Credit Cards
- HSBC Credit Cards
- Mashreq Bank Credit Cards
- Mawarid Finance Credit Cards
- NAJM Credit Cards
- NBF Credit Cards
- Noor Bank Credit Cards
- RAKBANK Credit Cards
- Sharjah Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Standard Chartered Bank Credit Cards
- United Arab Bank (UAB) Credit Cards