American Express Dubai Duty Free Card
Dubai International Airport remains one of the most preferred gateways to the UAE. It is also one of the world’s busiest airports. In fact, Dubai Airport hosted around some 88.2 million passengers in 2017 according to Gulf News.
But what makes this airport rather special amongst true-blue shoppers is Dubai Duty Free. It remains one of the top attractions for shoppers from across the globe. It is no wonder as Dubai Duty Free is the world’s biggest single airport retailer. Operating over 36,000 square metres at Dubai International Airport, everything matches up to Dubai’s global status as a shopping destination.
Attributing to the turnover of almost US$2 billion is an equally large range of products and sales. So if you’re one of the 160 million passengers passing through the airport, you best take advantage of the offers at Dubai Duty Free all-year-round.
Among the best-selling items are perfume and gold. You can also shop from a vast range of cosmetics, handbags, leather goods, and gifts. There are shops in all three terminals in both the Arrivals and Departures. However, the biggest selection of stores is in Terminal 3.
But Dubai Duty free is not only popular amongst global shoppers but also local shoppers who frequent to Dubai Duty free to take advantage of the duty-free deals. In order to make shopping experience all the more rewarding at Dubai Duty Free, American Express launched its Dubai Duty Free Card. The card allows users to shop at the award-winning Dubai Duty Free and save sizeably with exclusive discounts and offers.
About American Express Dubai Duty Free Card
As the name suggests, American Express Dubai Duty Free Card is specially designed to help people earn exclusive discounts and privileges when shopping at Dubai Duty Free. Since its launch, American Express Dubai Duty Free Card has become a staple in the financial portfolio for a large number of Dubai residents.
American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card has been specially designed and carefully conceptualized to meet the needs and wants of the credit cards in Dubai, UAE. American Express is one of the pioneers in the credit card industry and its amazing American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card is a testament to the fact that the company leaves no stones unturned to make shopping at Dubai Duty Free all the more exciting and rewarding for its users.
In addition to the exclusive range of rewards and benefits when shopping at Dubai Duty Free, American Express Dubai Duty Free Card gets card holders also get access to retail protection insurance and online fraud protection with this amazing credit card.
Dubai Duty Free has long been one of the most popular shopping destinations for shoppers from all over the world. And a fair share of UAE, including both expats and nationals alike, are often to be seen looking for easy access to discount deals and exclusive privileges to shop to their heart’s content at Dubai Duty Free. American Express Dubai Duty Free Card users get to earn 10% savings each time they shop at Dubai Duty Free.
Additionally, American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card provides its members with a rare opportunity to win raffle entries into the popular lucky draw events including 'Millennium Millionaire' and 'Finest Surprise' held at Dubai Duty Free every month.
In addition to the exclusive benefits and rewards for shopping at Dubai Duty Free, American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card also ensures a staggering range of exclusive offers and exciting benefits to help card members make the most of each dirham spent on the card. Card members also get access to exclusive American Express Selects offers and privileges.
But it’s not only the wide range of exclusive benefits and privileges that make this credit card rather special is the fact that it also provides complimentary retail protection insurance. This feature helps protect card members against fraudulent transactions, and other incidences like loss of card. Furthermore, American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card also offers a comprehensive, complimentary travel accident and inconvenience insurance plan to help protect users against any inconvenience and unfortunate incidents while travelling.
Among its many benefits, the American Express Dubai Duty Free Card also enables card members to earn exciting dining, travel and shopping discounts. The global acceptance of this card makes it easy for card members to easily use this card and avail exclusive benefits and rewards, both locally and internationally. In addition, the card also allows users also to convert their purchases into Easy Monthly Instalments as well as get free supplementary cards for their family members and much more.
Features of American Express Dubai Duty Free Card
One of the world’s best credit card companies, American Express launched its feature loaded, Dubai Duty Free Credit Card to tap into the huge pool of shoppers who look for opportunities to shop at Dubai Duty Free and enjoy exclusive discounts and special privileges. The wide range of innovative and user-friendly features of American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card makes it one of the best credit cards for true blue shoppers in the UAE region. Let’s check out just some of the many unique features of American Express Dubai Duty Free Card that add to its overall popularity.
- Global Acceptance
- Complimentary Retail Protection Insurance
- Complimentary Travel Accident and Inconvenience Insurance
- Worldwide Customer Care
- Emergency Card Replacement
- Online Card Management
- Retail Protection Insurance per occurrence of theft and accidental damage
- Online Fraud Protection Guarantee
Benefits of American Express Dubai Duty Free Card
In addition to the manifold features that come packed with American Express Dubai Duty Free Card, this card also provides with easy access to a wide range of exclusive and rewarding benefits to those looking to shop at Dubai Duty Free for their day-to-day needs and luxury needs. Let’s check out just some of the many benefits that American Express Dubai Duty Free Card has on offer for its card members:
- 10% Discount on items at Dubai Duty Free
- Exclusive world-wide offers on travel, leisure, dining and premium shopping
- Every AED 1,000 you spent offers 1 entry into a draw to win raffle ticket for Millennium Millionaire
- Every AED 500 spent offers 1 entry into a draw for the chance to win Finest Surprise tickets
- Easy Payment Plans
Here is a list of eligibility criteria for American Express Dubai Duty Free Card :
- Income Eligibility: AED 180,000 (employed) and AED 275,000 (self-employed) annually
- Residential Eligibility: UAE residents with valid UAE residence Visa
- Verification Eligibility: Age/Id Proofs
Top Reasons to Get American Express Dubai Duty Free Card
Utmost convenience, exclusive range of special benefits, card assistance at any hour and much more, those looking for credit cards in the UAE have absolutely no shortage of lures that invariably becharms into applying for the ever-so-popular American Express Dubai duty Free Credit Card. Some of the most exciting features of the card include exclusive Dubai Duty Free discounts, amazing travel and lifestyle privileges across the globe and comprehensive retail protection insurance. Let’s take a look at some of the top reasons that tempt a large number of UAE residents into getting American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card.
- Duty Free Discounts - American Express Dubai Duty Free Card provides its users with an access to discounted shopping at the immensely popular Dubai Duty Free. Dubai Duty Free has long been one of the most sought-after tax-free shopping destinations. Dubai Duty Free promises something for every shopper and offers everything right from electronics to leather goods. Card members to get to earn exclusive 10% discount at Dubai Duty Free across all retail categories including electronics, communication, jewellery and leather goods.
- Easy Payment Plan - American Express Dubai Duty Free Card also provides its card members with easy payment plan to easily convert their purchases into Easy Monthly Instalments. These Easy Payment Plans are available for tenure of 3, 6, 9 & 12 months. Card members looking to convert their card spend into Easy Monthly Instalments may choose to contact the American Express 24/7 customer support and provide the details of the transaction that they wish to convert to Easy Payments.
- Complimentary Retail Protection Insurance - American Express Dubai Duty Free Card also provides its card members with access to complementary retail protection insurance plan with coverage for up to AED1,500. In addition, supplementary card members are also privy to the exclusive complimentary retail protection insurance.
- Complimentary Travel Accident and Inconvenience Insurance - American Express Dubai Duty Free Card also provides its users with access to complimentary travel accident and inconvenience insurance plan to ensure that card members are protected against any adversities related to travelling to or from the UAE.
- Worldwide Acceptance - American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card is not just accepted in the UAE region, but across the globe. The global acceptance of this card helps its card members enjoy complimentary privileges and rewards not just in the UAE but worldwide. The card is accepted at thousands of ATMs and retail outlets worldwide.
American Express Dubai Duty Free Card Offers (Updated in June 2018)
- 10% Savings at Dubai Duty Free
- Exclusive Amex Discounts
Fees and Charges
|Annual Membership Fee||AED 175|
|Supplementary card fee||free|
|Monthly interest rate||3.25%|
|Cash Advance fee||Higher of 3% or AED100|
|Over limit fee||AED 190|
|Late payment fee||AED 230.00|
|Monthly interest rate||3.25%|
|Annual interest fee||39%|
|Returned cheque charge||AED 115|
|Retail Protection Insurance||Up to AED 1500 per insured per occurrence and AED 180000 per card member in 12 months period|
|Smart Protect (per month)||AED 60|
|International card delivery||AED 200|
American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card Rewards:
In addition to all the exclusive privileges and exciting discounts at Dubai Duty Free, the card also provides its users with direct access to the world famous American Express Loyalty Programme. Members enrolled in American Express Loyalty Programme get to earn exciting rewards and benefits each time they spend on their Amex Card. Card members get reward points for each dirham spent on the card. The accrued reward points may later be redeemed for a host of exclusive privileges and exciting benefits. Additionally, membership rewards points earned using American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card never expire.
How to earn Membership Rewards Points on American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card?
American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card members can earn Membership Rewards Points by putting spend on the card. For every 1 USD worth of spend on the card, cardholders earn 1 Membership Rewards point. Total Amex Membership Rewards Points accrued can be redeemed for a wide range of fabulous rewards, benefits and gift vouchers. To earn more and more Amex Membership Rewards Points, card members must ensure using their American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card instead of cash, or cheque. The total Membership Rewards points accrued on the American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card never expire and there is no limitation to the number of points one can earn on the card. However, it is important to ensure that once redeemed, gift vouchers cannot be modified or cancelled and the points debited, in lieu of the voucher, cannot be credited back to the Membership Rewards account.
How to Redeem Membership Points of American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card?
Quite like earning the American Express Membership Rewards points, it’s easy to redeem them too. American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card users can choose to redeem the Membership Rewards points for vouchers and gift cards for complimentary shopping, travel and hotel stays. Cardholders can also choose to redeem their accrued Amex Membership Rewards Points for a wide range of products including jewellery, accessories or electronics.
How to Enrol into the Membership Rewards Programme of American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card?
Getting enrolled into Amex Membership Rewards Programme is fairly simple and easy. There are two different ways through which American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card users may enrol for Amex Membership Rewards Programme. Users can:
- Log on to Amex Website and click on Online Services. Then they need to click on the ‘My Requests’ tab on left side. On the drop down menu, card holders can see the ‘Enrol into Membership Rewards’ option. They need to click on this tab and follow the easy steps mentioned there to get enrolled to Amex Membership Rewards Programme. Alternatively,
- Card members can contact the dedicated Membership Rewards Customer Service Team of American Express at (+973) 17 557722 or send an request in the email at MR[@]americanexpress[.]com.bh to get enrolled into Amex Membership Rewards Programme.
Documents required to Apply for American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card:
Here is a list of documents that interested card applicants need to have in order to apply for American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card:
For Employed Individuals:
If the applicant is an employed individual, they need to furnish the following documents to apply for American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card:
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of UAE National ID Card or Iqama
- Copy of statement of bank for the last three months for the salary account.
- Copy of an attested employment or salary certificate by the company. This must have the date of employment, designation, and annual income of the applicant. Or, a copy of pay slips for three months attested by the company.
- A signed copy of UAE Credit Bureau Consent Form.
For Self-Employed Individuals:
If the applicant is a self-employed individual, they need to furnish the following documents in order to apply for the American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card:
- Copy of the passport of the applicant
- Copy of the UAE National ID or Iqama
- Copy of the bank statement of the company/business/firm for the last three months
- Copy of commercial registration of the company, and certificate of incorporation or certificate of company registration. The applicant must ensure that the attachment displays the percentage of the ownership of the applicant in the company.
- A signed copy of UAE Credit Bureau Consent Form
Please note the above list of documents is for illustration purpose only and the documents required to apply for American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Cards may or may not include all or some documents as highlighted here.
How to apply for American Express Gold Card?
The process of applying for American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card is relatively easier and hassle-free. Interested card applicants can simply apply for this card online via the official website of American Express.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to applying for American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card for the uninitiated credit card applicants:
Step 1: Log on to the official website of American Express (Middle East)
Step 2: Click on ‘The American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card’ listed amongst the credit cards on the home page of Amex’s official website. Upon clicking the card link, applicants are redirected to the Dubai Duty Free Credit Card page.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ tab. This tab appears on the right hand corner of the web page. Upon clicking the tab, users are redirected to a new page where they are required to fill in their details.
Step 4: Once on this page, applicants are required to fill in their ‘employment status’ to clarify whether they are employed or self-employed. Then they are required to fill in their ‘Country of Nationality’.
Step 5: Once done, applicants are required to upload some vital documents. Here it is important to remember that the file size of each document, to be uploaded, must not exceed 1MB. These documents can only be uploaded in .tif, .gif, .jpg, or .png formats.
Step 6: Once done, applicants need to check all three options below the heading ‘Please confirm the following before you begin’.
Step 7: Now applicants need to click on ‘Start Application’ tab. Upon clicking, applicants are redirected to a different page that features an online application form. The applicant needs to fill in this form.
Applicants need to provide all their information in the online application form and upload relevant documents for American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card under different tabs namely:
- About You
- Your Finances
- Additional Benefits
- Supporting Material
- Terms and Conditions
- Review and Submit
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is One Time Payment?
Answer: One-time payments are payments that a card member initiates for every individual transaction on the card. One-time payments allow American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card members to control and consolidate their expenses.
Question 2: The complimentary retail insurance is provided for how many days?
Answer: American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card users get the complimentary retail insurance protection for a period of 90 days.
Question 3: What does ‘No Pre-set Spending Limit’ means?
Answer: No ‘Pre-set Spending Limit’ on the card means that the card members are allowed to make unlimited spending on the card. However, it is important to keep in mind that the purchases put on the American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card are approved depending on a wide range of factors including, but not limited to, spending pattern, credit history, etc.
Question 4: What is minimum age required to apply for American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card?
Answer: The minimum age to apply for American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card is 21 years or more.
Question 5: Is it possible to get supplementary cards with American Express Dubai Duty Free Card?
Answer: Yes! Card members can get supplementary cards with American Express Dubai Duty Free Card. Supplementary cards also earn the same benefits and advantage as the primary card. There is no fee for supplementary cards.
Question 6: Is there an annual fee for this card?
Answer: Yes. There is an annual fee of AED 175 for American Express Dubai Duty Free Card.
Question 7: How to make payments for American Express Dubai Duty Free Card?
Answer: Answer: Here’s a list of ways by which card members can payments for their American Express Dubai Duty Free Card :
- Direct debit from Emirates Islamic Current/Investment Savings Account
- Online payments
- Cash payments
- Cheque payments
Question 8: Can the duty free discount be availed in other airports?
Answer: No, American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card can be used to avail discounts only at Dubai International Airport.
Question 9: Does this card provide any offers from Emirates airlines?
Answer: No, American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card doesn’t offer any offers from Emirates Airlines. However, card members get an exclusive 10% off at Dubai Duty Free with the card.
Question 10: What is the interest free period on American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card?
Answer: American Express Dubai Duty Free Credit Card offers up to 56 days of interest-free credit. Upon the completion of interest-free period, there is a charge of 2.99% per month.
- ADCB Credit Cards
- ADIB Credit Cards
- Ajman Bank Credit Cards
- Al Hilal Bank Credit Cards
- American Express Credit Cards
- Aseel Finance Credit Cards
- CBI Credit Cards
- Citibank Credit Cards
- Commercial Bank of Dubai Credit Cards
- Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Dunia Finance Credit Cards
- Emirates Islamic Credit Cards
- Emirates NBD Credit Cards
- Finance House Credit Cards
- HSBC Credit Cards
- Mashreq Bank Credit Cards
- Mawarid Finance Credit Cards
- NAJM Credit Cards
- NBF Credit Cards
- Noor Bank Credit Cards
- RAKBANK Credit Cards
- Sharjah Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Standard Chartered Bank Credit Cards
- Union National Bank Credit Cards
- United Arab Bank (UAB) Credit Cards