Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, Al Hilal Bank is a leading Islamic bank in the UAE. The bank was established by the Abu Dhabi Investment Council in 2008 and currently has a vast network of more than 25 branches and over 100 ATMs across the country.
Al Hilal Bank intends to contribute to the prosperity and national growth of the country while increasing the popularity of Islamic banking globally. It offers a broad range of Shariah Compliant bank accounts to make banking easier and faster for the account holders.
Al Hilal Bank has a team of qualified professionals who attend to the customers’ queries quickly and solve their problems in no time. Here, we will talk about one of the best banking accounts it has to offer – Current Account.
Al Hilal Bank Current Account offers a range of unique features and benefits to its account holders. Keep reading to know more about the Al Hilal Bank Current Account.
Features & Benefits of Al Hilal Bank Current Account
Here is a list of features and benefits that the Al Hilal Bank Current Account offers.
- Shariah Compliant: Al Hilal Bank Current Account is Shariah Compliant and is governed by the requirements set forth by Shariah Law. The bank account performs financial activities that comply with the principles of Islamic Law.
- Thumb Recognition Facility: Al Hilal Bank Current Account offers a thumb recognition facility for the account holders to help them keep their accounts safe and secure.
- Multiple Currencies: The applicants can open and operate the Al Hilal Bank Current Account in multiple currencies, including AED, USD, EUR, GBP and CAD.
- Minimum Balance Requirement: The account holders need to deposit a minimum balance of AED 2,500 to open an Al Hilal Bank Current Account.
- Personalised Account Number: The Al Hilal Bank lets account holders choose their own bank account number based on their choice.
- Personalised Chequebook: With Al Hilal Bank Current Account, the account holders can get an instant personalised chequebook.
- Personalised VISA Debit Card: The account holders get a personalised VISA Debit Card with their Al Hilal Bank Current Account.
- Free Teller Transactions: Al Hilal Bank Current Account allows the account holders to make free teller transactions using their Current Account.
- Free Quarterly Account Statements: Al Hilal Bank Current Account provides account holders with free quarterly account e-statements. The bank sends these account statements to the registered mailboxes and helps account holders keep track of their financial activities.
- Automated Banking Facilities: With Al Hilal Bank Current Account, the account holders get 24x7 automated banking facilities like mobile banking, SMS banking, online banking and much more.
- No Monthly Fee: The account holders need not pay any monthly fee to keep their Al Hilal Bank Current Account active.
- Free Transactions at ADCB ATMs: Al Hilal Bank allows current account holders to make free transactions using ADCB ATMs and deposit machines. They can withdraw and deposit cash in their current accounts without paying any additional charges.
- Full-time Help and Support: Al Hilal Bank Current Account offers full-time help and assistance for the account holders. They can reach out to the bank’s helpline anytime to know their bank account details.
Get a chance to win AED 1 million a month simply by opening an Al Hilal savings account along with your Al Hilal current account! Winning AED 1 million while keeping your savings safe is now as easy as it can be. Simply maintain the minimum eligible funds in your Al Hilal savings accounts, and you will get a chance to win AED 1 million along with 20 prizes worth AED 1,000 every month.
Here is a list of all the benefits in store:
Al Hilal Current Account Reward Information
- A chance to win AED 1 million once every month.
- Additional 20 different prizes worth AED 1,000.
- As this is a monthly draw, the prize sum of AED 1 million will have only 1 winner every month. The AED 1,000 prizes will have 20 winners every month.
- All the winners will be selected by a lucky draw.
- The rewards are offered in addition to the profit rates that you get with your AL Hilal savings account.
- The prize money will be credited to your Al Hilal bank account.
How Can You Be a Part of Al Hilal Monthly Draw?
- Transfer your salary to your Al Hilal current account and maintain a minimum balance of AED 5,000 in your Al Hilal savings account.
- The minimum salary required for salary transfer is AED 5,000. This salary transfer has to be done by your employer using the approved transfer channels only.
- Al Hilal savings account must be opened to clear the eligibility criteria of the draw.
- Every additional multiple of AED 5,000 as balance in your account will give you an additional chance with the draw. For instance, if you have AED 5,000 balance in your account, you will get one chance on the monthly draw. However, a balance of AED 10,000 will give you two chances on the draw, with an increase in chances as the multiples of AED 5,000 increase.
Eligibility Criteria for Al Hilal Bank Current Account
||Al Hilal Current Account
||UAE/GCC nationals and UAE residents
|Minimum Balance to Maintain
|Minimum Balance to Earn Profit
Documents Required for Opening an Al Hilal Bank Current Account
Here is a list of documents required to open an Al Hilal Bank Current Account.
- Emirates ID
- Signatures of the applicants
- A copy of the original passport
- A copy of the passport visa page
How to Apply for Al Hilal Bank Current Account
Here are the three simple ways to apply for Al Hilal Bank Current Account.
1. Apply Online
The applicants can visit the bank’s website and fill out the online application form to open an Al Hilal Bank Current Account in minutes. They need to submit all the required documents to experience a streamlined account opening process.
2. Call Contact Centre
Al Hilal Bank offers a full-time available contact centre helpline to help account holders open bank accounts without any hassle. The applicants can call the bank’s helpline at 600 522 229 to open an Al Hilal Bank Current Account.
3. Visit Bank’s Branch
The applicants can also go to the nearest Al Hilal Bank’s branch to open an Al Hilal Bank Current Account. First, they need to fill the application form and then submit it with other essential documents at the branch.
Al Hilal Bank delivers your Welcome Pack within 48 working hours of placing the request. The bank verifies your Emirates ID and fingerprints to ensure additional security of your bank account.
Seamless Onboarding via UAE Pass
You can now easily open your Al Hilal savings zero balance account using the seamless services of UAE Pass credentials. Al Hilal is one of the first banks in the UAE to have integrated the UAE Pass onboarding system. UAE Pass is the very first national virtual identification system of the UAE. It has been developed and brought into existence by Telecommunication Regulatory Authority, Smart Dubai Organisation, and Abu Dhabi Digital Authority. To use the UAE Pass, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- Download the UAE Pass on your smartphone and register for creating an account.
- Registering with the UAE Pass will give you a universal virtual identity for both federal and local government entities.
- Create your biometric face recognition ID using the UAE Pass application.
- Use your UAE Pass credentials to use your face ID to access government and private services that accept UAE Pass verification.
- You can also use UAE Pass to share all the required documents digitally and put in virtual signatures.
- Similarly, you can simply use your UAE Pass credentials to open your Al Hihal zero balance account for savings.
Frequently Asked Questions on Al Hilal Bank Current Account
Q1: What is the minimum account opening balance for Al Hilal Bank Current Account?
Ans: The applicants can open an Al Hilal Bank Current Account with a minimum initial balance of AED 2,500.
Q2: What is the interest rate offered on balanced maintained in Hilal Bank Current Account?
Ans: The bank pays no interest on the balance maintained in your Al Hilal Bank Current Account.
Q3: Can I open my Al Hilal Bank Current Account in multiple currencies?
Ans: Yes, you can open and operate your Al Hilal Bank Current Account in multiple currencies, including AED, USD, EUR, GBP, etc.
Q4: Do I get a free chequebook or a debit card with my Al Hilal Bank Current Account?
Ans: The account holders get a free chequebook and a debit card with their Al Hilal Bank Current Account.
Q5: How can I open an Al Hilal Bank Current Account?
Ans: The applicants can open an Al Hilal Bank Current Account in three simple ways.
- Go to the bank’s website and fill out the application form
- Call the bank’s full-time available helpline number - 600 522 229
- Visit the bank’s branch and submit all the essential documents
Q6: Do I need to pay any account opening charges for Al Hilal Bank Current Account?
Ans: No, the applicants need not pay any account opening charges for Al Hilal Bank Current Account.