Al Hilal Bank Credit Cards
Founded in 2008, Al Hilal Bank is an Islamic Bank headquartered in Abu Dhabi. This Islamic bank is renowned for offering various banking services which include Islamic treasury, personal, investment, corporate and wholesale banking to a wide range of customers. It is a proactive bank which constantly strives to provide quick solutions to the customer’s problems (if any) by attending their requests and efficiently solving problems on the spot. In order to make banking simpler, easier, and faster for its customers, Al Hilal has put principles, processes, and products precisely and effectively in place.
Out of many services it offers, Al Hilal offers secure credit cards to its customers. Al Hilal Bank credit cards are loaded with attractive offers and benefits and it attracts low costs and charges. The bank offers approachable and safe banking services for its customers in the UAE.
Types of Al Hilal Bank Credit Cards
Presently, there are 3 types of Al Hilal bank credit cards offered in the UAE market. In order to meet the requirement of the credit card applicant, each Hilal bank credit card is loaded with rewarding benefits and offers which are listed below:
1. World Elite Mastercard
Al Hilal World Elite Mastercard is best suited for avid travelers. It is designed to offer an extensive range of travel & lifestyle privileges and exceptional rewards.
Annual Membership Fee: Al Hilal Bank offers two World Elite Mastercard cards where card 1 charges no annual fee and card 2 charges an annual fee of AED 2,500.
Profit Rate (Murabaha): 2.79%
- As a bonus, the cardholder gets 340,000 Joud reward points when they get this Al Hilal Bank credit card.
- The cardholder earns 8.5 Joud reward points on AED 4 spent on local retail and 13.5 Joud reward points for spending AED 4 on international retail.
Note- Bonus Joud reward points are not available for card 1 which doesn’t charge any annual fees for the first year.
- Al Hilal bank offers World Elite Concierge service to the members of World Elite Available 24/7, this concierge offers assistance in both English and Arabic language for the convenience of the cardholder.
- Master Card For You is an app offered by the bank. The app enables the cardholder to view all the benefits and privileges they can avail on this Hilal bank credit card.
- The World Elite Mastercard member can avail 2 vouchers for the complimentary access of the VIP terminal at Abu Dhabi International Airport. They get to enjoy services like luggage collection, priority check-in, meet and greet along with more optional services and VIP treatment.
Note- VIP terminal access is not available for the card with no first-year annual fee.
- This Al Hilal Bank credit cardholder gets free of cost access to Wi-Fi at around 1 million hotspot locations across the world. For some airlines, it offers in-flight Wi-Fi. This Wi-Fi service is provided by Boingo, the leading Wi-Fi provider.
- The card member can enjoy unlimited free access to 850+ airport lounges in over 400 cities throughout the world. They can bring guests along with them.
- The cardholder can avail membership with Hertz President Circle which offers discounts over best available rate in the market, guaranteed one-car-class update complimentary, quicker rental reservations and returns, and priority access to the rental queue at many airports across the globe.
- The cardholder can avail one free night for booking two nights at an SPG hotel with this Al Hilal Bank credit card.
- This World Elite Master Card offers Black Membership with the GHA (Global Hotel Alliance) to its members. The membership includes benefits such as upgrade to double room, early check-in at 9 AM, late check-out until 6 pm, and guaranteed availability of rooms at around 33 GHA hotels in 76 countries.
- The card member gets access to the collection of World Elite Luxury Hotels and avail room upgrades, complimentary breakfast for two, early check-in and late check-out at over 1000 hotels across the globe.
- This credit card in Dubai also offers a 40% discount on travel visa services for UK, Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, Canada, Saudi Arabia, and Schengen countries. The cardholder can avail services like typing, filling of forms, priority appointment scheduling, and collection of documents.
- This Hilal Bank credit card offers various medical and travel insurance covers such as loss or baggage delay, trip curtailment or cancellation, trip delays, missed connections, travel accident, medical emergency expenses, emergency medical evacuation or repatriation, and daily in-hospital cash benefit.
- The card covers loss or damage of the rental car (if any) and loss damage waiver for the for World Elite Mastercard members.
Offers and Discounts
- This Al Hilal Bank credit card provides access to over 900 unlimited Buy 1 Get 1 offers on fine dining, hotels, premium spas etc. throughout the Middle East and Africa.
2. World Mastercard
Just like World Elite Mastercard, World Mastercard is also suitable for avid travelers. It is loaded with an extensive range of travel & lifestyle privileges and exceptional rewards.
Annual Membership Fee: Al Hilal Bank offers two World Mastercard cards where card 1 charges no annual fee and card 2 charges an annual fee of AED 1,000.
Profit Rate (Murabaha): 2.99%
- As a Bonus, the cardholder receives 100,000 Joud reward points when they get this Al Hilal Bank credit card.
- Upon spending AED 4 on local retail, the cardholder earns 6.5 Joud reward points and upon spending AED 4 on international retail, they earn 10 Joud reward
Note-Bonus Joud reward points are not available for the card that doesn’t charge annual fees for the first year.
- Master Card For You is an app offered by the bank that enables the cardholders to view all the benefits and privileges they can avail on this Hilal bank credit card.
- This Al Hilal Bank credit card member gets complimentary access to Wi-Fi at around 1 million hotspot locations across the world. On some airlines, it offers in-flight Wi-Fi. This Wi-Fi service is provided by the leading Wi-Fi provider- Boingo.
- The card member can enjoy unlimited free access to 850+ airport lounges in over 400 cities throughout the world.
- The cardholder gets membership of Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Five Star which offers 15% off on the best available rate in the market, free one-car-class update as per availability, quicker rental reservations, and returns, and priority access to rental queue at many airports across the globe.
- The cardholder gets one free night stay free for booking two nights stay at an SPG hotel using this Al Hilal Bank credit card.
- This Al Hilal Bank credit card offers a 40% discount on travel visa services to UK, Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, Canada, Saudi Arabia, and Schengen countries. The cardholder can avail services like typing, filling of forms and, priority appointment scheduling, and collection of documents.
- This Hilal Bank credit card offers various medical and travel covers such as baggage delay or loss, trip curtailment or cancellation, trip delays, missed connections, travel accident, medical emergency expenses, emergency medical evacuation or repatriation, and daily in-hospital cash benefit.
Offers and Discounts
- This Al Hilal Bank credit card provides access to over 900 unlimited Buy 1 Get 1 offers on premium spas, hotels, fine dining etc. throughout the Middle East and Africa.
3. Platinum Smart Covered Cards
As the name suggests, Al Hilal Bank Free Platinum Smart Covered Card is free for lifetime. It means that the card does not charge an annual fee. The profit rate of Murabaha remains fixed for the whole duration of this Al Hilal Bank credit card.
Annual Membership Fee: Being free for life, this Hilal Bank credit card charges no annual membership fee.
Profit Rate (Murabaha): 3.25%
- The cardholder can earn 1.5 Joud reward points upon spending AED 1 on local retail.
- The cardholder can earn 2 Joud reward points upon spending AED 1 on international retail.
Note- The reward points can be redeemed for booking flight tickets, hotels, car rentals, shopping, charity and more.
- This Al Hilal Bank credit card provides protection against the cost of repair/ replacement of the eligible product purchased using the credit card.
- The cardholder gets to enjoy double the repair period offered by the manufacturer’s warranty for the eligible product purchased using the credit card.
- The eligible product purchased using the Hilal Bank credit card is protected against theft or damage under purchase protection.
- The card offers a VIP card for an additional 10% savings on purchases made from any of the nine Chic Outlet villages.
- The cardholder can enjoy a 15% discount on the ticket price for the shopping express luxury coach service, chauffeur driver service, and shopping packages.
- This Platinum Smart Covered Al Hilal Bank credit card offers 10-25% off on purchases from key retailers like Tiffany & Co, Mont Blanc, Polo, Ego, Rolex, El Dar, Emporio Armani, and Omega.
- The Visa cardholder get a 20 percent discount at Jumeirah Dining establishments which include Le Beirut, Mundo, La Parilla (Jumeirah Hotel), Segreto (Jumeirah Madinat), Arboretum and Brasserie Angelique.
- This Al Hilal Bank credit card provides Visa TimeOut offers to the cardholder where they can enjoy a 25% discount on the bill.
- The card member can avail airport dining benefits with DragonPass. The offers can be availed on ‘DINE & FLY’
- They can dine-in at over 200 restaurants across the globe.
Note- The benefit can be availed at both MENA home markets as well as travel corridors.
- The cardholder can enjoy up to 12% off on hotel bookings using com. They just need to visit the website and book their next trip.
- They can enjoy 10% off on international rates on leisure and up to 20% discount on standard rates.
- This Al Hilal bank credit card offers up to 15% discount on retail rates at over 450 airport destinations all around the world. The card member can book services such as limo transfer, meet and assist, documents handover, visa at arrival, baggage porters, flowers at arrival and more.
- Hilal Bank credit card member can avail a host of services including referral of medical service provider, legal referral, medical advice on telephone, medical evacuation and repatriation, monitoring the medical condition during pre and post hospitalization, interpreter referral, dispatch of the physician to cardholder's location and essential equipment and medicine delivery.
- The cardholder can enjoy a discount of 15% on food delivery by following these steps:
- Download the ‘Visa Explorer’
- Click on Deliver and Place your order.
- At the time of check out, enter Visa15 in the promo code field.
- The Platinum Smart Covered Card member gets access to Visa Luxury Hotel Collection (VLHC) which includes over 900 premium properties. All these properties offer exciting benefits such as guaranteed best available rate, status of VIP guest, complimentary in-room WiFi, $25 USD beverage or food credit, automatic room update on arrival, 3 pm check-out on request and complimentary continental breakfast throughout the stay.
Note- For more information, the applicants can check the official website of Al Hilal Bank.
- The member of this Al Halil Bank credit card can avail a 24/7 Emergency Road Assistance which includes services such as free emergency fuel delivery service, free card registration service (once a year), free battery boosting, free lockout service, free rent-a-car service for 24 hours in conjunction with an accident, free fixing of flat tyre, free Off road recovery service (once a year) and free accident towing service.
Features and Benefits of Al Hilal credit cards
Al Hilal Bank credit cards come with a variety of attractive and unique features. Here are some important features of the Al Hilal Bank credit cards that make them popular in the UAE:
1. Fees: The Platinum Smart Covered Hilal Bank credit card comes with no annual fee making it free for life. The fee levied on the other cards is nominal as well.
2. Rewards: The Al Hilal Bank credit card members can earn Joud reward points on each transaction. The accumulated points can be later redeemed for shopping, dining, flight tickets booking, hotel booking and much more.
3. Profit Rate: The Al Hilal Bank credit cards charge a very low rate of profit per month. Low-profit rates & high rewards offered by these cards make the cards attractive for the applicants.
4. Easy Banking: This bank provides its customers with different yet easy modes of banking:
- Internet Banking: The customers can access secure internet banking round the clock.
- Phone Banking: The customers can reach the bank executives 24/7 through the helpline number 600 522 229 within the UAE and +971 600 522 229 outside the UAE. Their phone banking service includes balance inquiry, last 5 transactions, statement request, cheque book request, finance outstanding, installment due amount and date, deposit outstanding, credit card available balance, credit card statement, utility payments from account and credit cards and fund T (same CIF, different CIF).
- Branches & ATM: The customers can visit the bank branch and avail various services. They can easily locate the nearest branches and ATMs by logging on to the official website of the bank.
5. Customer Care Service: In order to provide them with efficient customer service, Al Hilal Bank offers its customers around the clock access to the call centre.
6. Travel Privileges: These Hilal Bank credit cards offer a variety of travel benefits which include discounts on hotel bookings, unlimited access to airport lounges, car rentals, free access to WiFi, room availability, early check-in and late check-out, room upgrades and more.
7. Lifestyle Privileges: Al Hilal Bank credit cards offer various lifestyle benefits such as discounts on food delivery, road assistance, discounts and offers on premium properties, discounts on shopping with select retailers, dining offers and much more.
The bank offers an app Master Card For You. It enables the cardholders to check the benefits and privileges available on Al Hilal bank credit cards. This app is available for both Android and iOS platforms.
Al Hilal Bank Credit Card Fees and Charges
Here are applicable annual fees and profit rates for different Al Hilal bank credit cards available in the UAE market.
|Card Name||Annual Fees(in AED)||Profit Rate (in percentage)||Late PaymentCharge(paid to Charity)(in AED)||SupplementaryCard Fee for up to 3 Cards (in AED)||Fee for Non-AEDTransactions(Exchange Markup)(in %)||Cash WithdrawalFee(in %)||SupplementaryCard Fee (in AED)|
|World Elite Mastercard||2500||2.79||100||Free||2.99||3||105|
|Platinum Smart Covered Card||Nil||3.25||100||Free||2.||3||105|
(Updated as on February 2019)
Here are applicable charges for all the cards:
- Late Payment Fee: AED 100
- Replacement Card Fee: AED 200
- Card Re-Issuance Fee: AED 200
- Duplicate Statement (up to 3 months): AED 25
- Duplicate Statement (over 3 months): AED 50
- Temporary Credit Limit Enhancement Fee: AED 100
- Fee for Non-AED Transactions: 2.99% (2.75% in case of Platinum Covered Smart Card)
- Returned Cheque Handling Fee: AED 100
- Copy of Sales Voucher: AED 40
- Cash Withdrawal Charge: 3%
- Hotel (T & E) Sales Copy Request: AED 100
- Outstation Cheque Processing Fee: AED 30
How to Apply for an Al Hilal Bank Credit Card?
The credit card applicants who want to avail the benefits of Hilal Bank credit cards can apply for the same at any Al Hilal bank branch, through the online application or through the call.
- Online Application: The online application is one of the most common ways of getting a credit card these days. Al Hilal offers a user-friendly and secure online banking platform so the credit card applicant can evaluate and select a suitable Hilal Bank credit card and apply for it online.
- Branch Application: The applicants who don’t want to apply for the card online can visit any of the Al Hilal branches in UAE, select an Al Hilal Bank credit card and apply for the same.
- On-call Application: For applying for Al Hilal credit cards on call, the applicants can call on 600-522229. The call centre executives are available 24/7.
Al Hilal Bank Credit Card Limit
The maximum credit that a cardholder can avail on their card is known as the credit card limit. Various Hilal Bank credit cards come with separate credit limits based on the applicant’s credit history and financial status.
Why Choose Al Hilal Bank Credit Card?
Al Hilal Bank offers a plethora of services to its customers. Al Hilal Bank credit cards provide a variety of benefits to the card members which make the bank a go-to option for the customers. These are a few benefits offered by Al Hilal bank which make the customers choose their credit cards over others:
- Customer Service: Hilal Bank credit cards offer round the clock customer service by providing the cardholders access to their call centre. Friendly agents guide & support the applicants/cardholders in a very informative way resolving their queries effectively.
- Reward Points: These credit cards offer points of rewards (as Joud rewards) against purchases. The accumulated rewards can be redeemed for booking air tickets and hotels, buying gift vouchers, shopping and availing many attractive deals.
- Variety in Options: Considering the various kinds of applicants & their varying financial needs, Al Hilal offers different kinds of credit cards which provide a wide range of rewards, benefits, lifestyle & travel privileges, discounts etc. The credit card applicants are free to pick the card of their own choice which suits their financial requirements.
- Accessibility: Functioning in various locations around all Emirates in UAE, Al Hilal has a large number of banking centres that makes it accessible for the customers easily.
Al Hilal Bank Credit Card Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1. What is a supplementary card?
The supplementary card is a credit card which is offered to the family of the primary cardholder. Supplementary card functions in the same way as a primary credit card. It is even eligible for the same privileges offered to the primary cardholders. However, the reward points earned on supplementary cards are credited to the primary cardholder’s account.
The cardholders can get up to 3 supplementary Al Hilal Bank credit cards without any fees or charges. Any additional supplementary card apart from the 3 free supplementary cards will attract a fee of AED 100. The supplementary Al Hilal Bank credit card comes with credit limit which is provided to the primary card.
Q.2. What does a cash advance mean?
Cash advance is the cash withdrawn from any branch or ATM through a credit card. Credit card experts suggest keeping the withdrawals as minimum as possible because credit cards levy high-interest charges on a cash advance.
Al Hilal Bank credit cards charge a cash advance fee of 3% and the cash advance percentage is 60%.
Q.3. What is a late payment fee?
Every credit card provider charges an annual membership fee and interest on various purchases made using the credit card. These charges are stated as minimum monthly payments that the cardholder is expected to pay by a pre-specified date. If the payment is not made by the due date, the cardholder is charged late payment fees. The credit history of the card member can get negatively affected by late fees.
Late payment fee for Hilal Bank credit cards is 100 AED which is to be paid to the charity.
Q.4. What is an over-limit fee?
If the outstanding balance exceeds the set credit limit, the Al Hilal Bank credit card member will have to pay an over-limit fee. Cash Advance, interest, and other charges are all a part of the outstanding balance of an account.
Q.5. What is a credit card balance transfer?
The transfer of the amount of one card account to the other credit card account is known as a balance transfer. Some credit cards levy a fee in order to complete the balance transfer.
Q.6. What are 0% Instalment Payment Plans?
Under 0% Instalment Plan, you can simply convert your purchases made using your credit card at the partner or selected merchants into monthly installments at zero interest.
Q.7. What do I do if my Hilal Bank credit card is lost or stolen?
If your Al Hilal Bank credit card is lost/ stolen, report it as soon as possible with the bank representatives. More the time you take in to report the stolen/missing card, the more risk you are exposed to.
Q.8. How will I know about the special offers & discounts that are related to my Al Hilal Bank credit card?
Being a card member, in order to stay updated regarding the special offers which you may be eligible for, check the official website of the bank regularly.
Q.9. Is my supplementary card is eligible to earn the same Joud reward points as my primary card for monthly spends?
Yes, you can earn the same Joud reward points for monthly spends put on your supplementary card. Though, all the points will be accumulated in the primary account.
Q.10. Where can I use my Joud Reward Points after redemption?
You can redeem your Joud reward points for shopping, charity, hotel booking, flight booking, Etihad Guest miles and more.
- ADCB Credit Cards
- ADIB Credit Cards
- Ajman Bank Credit Cards
- American Express Credit Cards
- Aseel Finance Credit Cards
- CBI Credit Cards
- Citibank Credit Cards
- Commercial Bank of Dubai Credit Cards
- Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Dunia Finance Credit Cards
- Emirates Islamic Credit Cards
- Emirates NBD Credit Cards
- Finance House Credit Cards
- Mashreq Bank Credit Cards
- Mawarid Finance Credit Cards