Al Hilal Bank is one of the leading banks in the UAE offering different types of banking product and services with unmatched benefits. Al Hilal also offers credit cards, services like personal finance, vehicle finance, wealth management, and a lot more. Banking with Al Hilal is a seamless experience with its impeccable banking services that are custom tailored to cater to the demands of its customers. Here we are going to talk about different kinds of bank accounts, deposits, and their benefits that’ll help you know more about Al Hilal.
Some Benefits of Having an Al Hilal Bank Account
Here are some common benefits for different types of AI Hilal Bank accounts.
- Withdraw cash with no fees at ADCB ATMs
- ADCB Deposit Machine for free cash deposits
- Free Net Banking services
- Free E-Statement
- Fully Shariah compliant
- Personalized account number
- Thumb impression recognition
- Free instantly issued personalized Visa Debit Card
- Full-time Automated Banking Service
- Monthly profit distribution
- Personalized cheque book
- Available in EUR, AED, GBP, USD, EUR, & CAD
- No initial balance required
Some Important Features of the Al Hilal Bank Account
Here is a list of major features of Al Hilal Account
- No minimum balance, fees, or charges
- Prize of AED 1 Million awarded every month
- 20 monthly prizes of AED 1000
- Monthly Profit Calculation/Distribution rate of 0.33% per month. It gets calculated on the average monthly balance.
- If you maintain a minimum average balance of AED 5,000, you can win the prizes.
- As many times you transfer an additional AED 5,000 on your balance, it gives an extra chance to win.
- If you transfer your salary in the amount of AED 5,000 to an Al Hilal bank account, you get an additional entry to the draw
Additional Benefits based on Account Types
Salary Transfer Account:
A salary transfer account is often used for crediting salary. If you have one with Al Hilal bank, you can enjoy these below mentioned benefits:
- Attractive profit rates
- First two free ATM transactions, if made within UAE only
- First three free online transfers per month, if made within UAE
- First online international transfer free per month (1st year only)
Seghaar Savings Account
Seghaar savings account are dedicated to kids with following benefits to offer:
- Fully Shariah compliant
- Win AED 1 MILLION a month
- You can get a zero balance account with no minimum balance maintenance requirement
- Either parent, or the Legal Guardian, can open the account
- Benefits of monthly profit distribution
- Thumb impression recognition facility
- You can get a personalized account number
- Instant issuance of free personalized Visa debit card
- Free E Statement
- Internet, Mobile, SMS Banking services are provided for free of cost
- 24/7 Automated Banking Service
Million a Month!
Get a chance to win AED 1 million a month by simply opening an Al Hilal savings account! Winning AED 1 million while keeping your savings afloat is now as easy as it can be. Simply maintain the minimum eligible funds in your Al Hilal savings accounts, and you will get a chance to win AED 1 million along with 20 prizes worth AED 1,000 every month.
Here is a list of all the benefits in store:
Al Hilal Savings Account Reward Information
- A chance to win AED 1 million once every month.
- Additional 20 different prizes worth AED 1,000.
- As this is a monthly draw, the prize sum of AED 1 million will have only 1 winner every month. The AED 1,000 prizes will have 20 winners every month.
- All the winners will be selected by a lucky draw.
- The rewards are offered in addition to the profit rates that you get with your AL Hilal savings account.
- The prize money will be credited to your Al Hilal bank account.
How Can You Be a Part of Al Hilal Monthly Draw?
- Transfer your salary to your Al Hilal savings account or maintain a minimum balance of AED 5,000 in your account.
- Every additional multiple of AED 5,000 as balance in your account will give you an additional chance with the draw. For instance, if you have AED 5,000 balance in your account, you will get one chance on the monthly draw. However, a balance of AED 10,000 will give you two chances on the draw, with an increase in chances as the multiples of AED 5,000 increase.
- If you choose to transfer your salary to the Al Hilal savings account, you will get yet another chance for the reward draw.
- The minimum salary required for salary transfer is AED 5,000. This salary transfer has to be done by your employer using the approved transfer channels only.
Top Features of Al Hilal Savings Account
- No minimum balance is required to open the account, and no minimum average balance is required to keep it active.
- Al Hilal savings account is a sharia-compliant and sharia-certified savings account that comes with a virtual as well as physical MasterCard debit card.
- Al Hilal savings account is a zero balance account. For the customer, it means that you don’t have to maintain a minimum balance in the account at all times.
- However, please take note that a minimum balance of AED 5,000 is required to take part in the AED 1 million rewards monthly draw.
- A minimum average balance of AED 5,000 is required to earn a profit on your deposited sum.
- You can use ADCB ATMs to withdraw cash from your Al Hilal zero balance account for savings without any charges.
- The monthly profit distribution formula is used for Al Hilal no minimum balance account.
- The Al Hilal no minimum balance account presents you with a monthly online statement and does not charge any fall-below fee.
Seamless Onboarding via UAE Pass
You can now easily open your Al Hilal savings zero balance account using the seamless services of UAE Pass credentials. Al Hilal is one of the first banks in the UAE to have integrated the UAE Pass onboarding system. UAE Pass is the very first national virtual identification system of the UAE. It has been developed and brought into existence by Telecommunication Regulatory Authority, Smart Dubai Organisation, and Abu Dhabi Digital Authority. To use the UAE Pass, you need to follow the below-given steps:
- Download the UAE Pass on your smartphone and register for creating an account.
- Registering with the UAE Pass will give you a universal virtual identity for both federal and local government entities.
- Create your biometric face recognition ID using the UAE Pass application.
- Use your UAE Pass credentials to use your face ID to access government and private services that accept UAE Pass verification.
- You can also use UAE Pass to share all the required documents digitally and put in virtual signatures.
- Similarly, you can simply use your UAE Pass credentials to open your Al Hihal zero balance account for savings.
Top Features of Al Hilal Current Account
- The minimum required age to open an Al Hilal current account is 21 years. Notably, you do not need any minimum balance to open the account.
- All UAE and GCC nationals, along with residents holding valid visas, can open this account.
- The Al Hilal current account is a zero balance account as well. This means that you are not required to maintain any minimum balance at any point in time.
- The Al Hilal current account is sharia-compliant and comes with a MasterCard debit card and a free chequebook.
- You do not get any fall-below fee and receive monthly statements for the account.
- No minimum average balance is required to keep the account afloat.
- You can open your Al Hilal current no minimum balance account using UAE Pass.
Eligibility Criteria for Opening Al Hilal Savings and Current Account
||Al Hilal Savings Account
||Al Hilal Current Account
UAE/GCC nationals and UAE residents
UAE/GCC nationals and UAE residents
Minimum Balance to Maintain
Minimum Balance to Earn Profit
What are the Types of Deposits AI Hilal Bank Offers?
When it comes to savings, Al Hilal bank offers two types of deposits. Both the deposits are Shariah-compliant and offer free Internet, Mobile, SMS & 24/7 Automated Banking facilities.
- Wakala Deposit
- Term Investment Deposit
||Term Investment Deposit
||Deposit starting from AED 5,000
||Term Investment Deposit starting from AED 5,000
||Maximum expected profit on maturity (completion of tenure)
||Up to 1.43%
||Flexible tenures up to 12 months
||Tenures of 1, 3, 6, 9 and 12 months available
||Maximum expected profit on maturity (completion of tenure)
||Monthly profit distribution auto rollover options at maturity
Eligibility Criteria to Open an Al Hilal Bank Account
You can have an Al Hilal Bank account if:
- You are a UAE resident
- You are 18 years, or above
Why Open a Bank Account with Al Hilal Bank
Here is a list of reasons to why can consider opening a bank account with Al Hilal bank.
- An account with minimum requirements: With Al Hilal, you can open up your bank account with minimum requirements. You don’t need an initial balance to open the account. Once you open an account, you get a VISA debit card and a personalized cheque book for free.
- Personalize your Debit Card/Cheque Book: With Al Hilal, you can decide how your name appears on your VISA debit card and your cheque book.
- Pick the Welcome Kit as per Your Convenience: Once you complete the account opening formalities online, you don’t have to go to the bank to collect your welcome pack, it gets delivered to your place. However, if you wish, you can drop by at the nearest branch to collect the same.
What all documents you may need for opening an Al Hilal Bank account?
Here’s all that you need to open an account with Al Hilal Bank:
- Your Passport or Passport copy
- Your Emirates ID or Emirates ID copy
- Your Signatures
How to Open Al Hilal Bank Account in the UAE
You can easily open an account with Al Hilal bank in three simple steps.
- Register Your Documents: You can easily download the Ahlan app and request for opening an account. Scan and upload the required documents like your Passport and Emirates ID.
- Share a few details: Next, step is to share a few details like your name, address, contact number, etc., as prompted by the app.
- Get the debit card at your doorstep: Once done, your account will be set up with zero balance and your welcome pack will be delivered to your address.
Frequently Asked Questions on Al Hilal Bank Account in the UAE
Q1: What is Al Hilal Ahlan?
Ans: Al Hilal offers an online banking app called Ahlan. The app provides you with a platform to open an account and facilitates you with Ahlan account related details too. You can download this app from Google Play or Apple App Store.
Q2: Are there any account opening fees or charges?
Ans: No. there are no charges for opening an account.
Q3: Is there a minimum balance required to maintain the account?
Ans: There are no initial charges to open a bank account with Al Hilal bank. You can simply open your bank account with a ‘Zero’ balance. You can, however, win AED 1 Million prize every month if you maintain a minimum balance of AED 5,000 per month.
Q4: Why should I open a Salary Transfer Account with Al Hilal Bank?
Ans: Apart from facilitating easy transactions, Al Hilal Bank salary account gives you an opportunity to win AED 1 Million every month on a salary transfer of AED 5,000.
Q5: What are the maximum draws that I can get for the Al Hilal reward program?
Ans: There is no cap on the number of draws you can get for the reward. It depends on the amount present in your Al Hilal savings account.
Q6: What is the maximum number of winners to win the AED 1million prize? Is there a maximum limit on winning the monthly draw?
Ans: There will be 21 winners every month. While one winner will win AED 1 million a month , the other 20 will get prizes worth AED 1,000.
Q7: Who regulates and supervises this reward winner monthly draw?
Ans: The Department of Economic Development will supervise the draws.
Q8: Where will I receive the money I win?
Ans: The reward money you win will be credited to your Al Hilal savings zero balance account.
Q9: How many draws am I eligible for if I have AED 8000 saved in my Al Hilal savings account?
Ans: Accountholders with AED 5,000 to AED 9,999 in their account are eligible for only 1 chance in the reward monthly draw. On the other hand, holders with AED 10,000 to AED 14,999 will get 2 chances at the draw. Simply put, the number of draws increases with every addition of AED 5,000.