ADIB Current Account
ADIB Current Accounts have been customized to meet the diverse needs of its customers. A current account permits the account holder to make any number of withdrawals in a given day.
ADIB has two variants of the current account i.e. ADIB Current Account and ADIB Electron Account (current account without cheque book). Each of these bank accounts caters to the specific need of the account holder. Customers can choose from the assortments of current accounts in order to find the best one that suits their needs the most.
ADIB Current Account Features & Benefits
Both of the ADIB Current Accounts are based on the Qard Hasan (an Islamic principle) where the account holder’s deposits are regarded as a ‘non-profit bearing loan’ to the bank. Following are the key features & benefits of the ADIB Current Accounts:
- Unlimited Teller Transactions: The account holder can use the teller service at any of the ADCB branches across the UAE free of cost in order to fulfill their daily banking needs. They can choose from 80+ ADIB branches throughout the UAE including 24/7 branch at the Abu Dhabi Airport, 10-to-10 branches, & Dana Women’s banking branches.
- Complimentary ‘ADIB Visa Electron Debit Card’: ADIB offers this debit card for free in order to ensure instant & secure access to the bank account at any of the retail outlet or ATM. The account holder can also shop with this debit card at thousands of retail stores across the world.
- Minimum Balance Requirement: The account holder needs to maintain a minimum balance of 3000 AED.
- ADIB Mobile App: The account holder can use the bank’s mobile banking app in order to pay bills, send money in and outside of the UAE, recharge phone & Salik credit, check account statements and balances, navigate to the nearest ADIB ATM &branch, apply for financing & a lot more.
- Standing Transactions: It lets the account holder make payments automatically for a range of regular transactions including installments, donations, bill payments, and transfers on chosen dates.
- 24/7 Banking Services: The account holder can enjoy 24x7 e-ADIB banking services, Telephone banking, and SMS banking service with this ADIB account.
- Account Statements: ADIB will send the account statements via postal services to the account holder on a monthly basis in case of ADIB Current Account and on a quarterly basis in case of ADIB Electron Account.
- Free e-statements: e-Statements will be delivered to the account holder’s mailbox every month at no extra cost.
- ADIB WebSecure: This new security feature ensures safe & secure online shopping experience.
Additional Features & Benefits of the ADIB Current Account
- Chequebook: The bank offers 1st chequebook (which is available in AED currency) at free of cost while for additional ones, the account holder needs to pay 25 AED.
- Overdraft Facility: The account holder can avail instant overdraft facility to fulfil their extra cash needs with this bank account by transferring a minimum salary of 8000 AED.
- Choice of Currency: ADIB offers the flexibility to maintain this ADIB account in any of the currencies that are mentioned below:
- AED, GBP & US Dollar.
- The ADIB ATM card can be used in AED currency only.
Eligibility Criteria to open an ADIB Current Account
The following is the eligibility criteria for opening the ADIB Current Account:
|ADIB Accounts||Eligibility Criteria|
|ADIB Current Account||
|ADIB Electron Account||
Documents Required to Open an ADIB Current Account
Here is the list of documents that are required to open current accounts with ADIB:
|ADIB Current Account||
|ADIB Electron Account||
How to Open an ADIB Current Account in the UAE
The applicant can open an ADIB Current Account through the following ways:
- Online: In order to open an ADIB Current Account online, the applicant can visit the official website of the bank and choose the desired current account offered by the ADIB.
- Offline: Alternatively, the applicant can visit the nearest bank branch to open a bank account
- Through Phone: The applicant also has an option to open the ADIB Current Account through phone banking. All they need to contact the bank representative via phone on:
a.) 8002828 (toll-free number) within UAE and
b.) +971 26100600 outside the UAE.
How to Close an ADIB Current Account in UAE
In order to close the ADIB Current Account, the account holder may need to visit the nearest bank branch in person or call a customer service phone number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1. What if I will not be able to maintain the minimum balance in any of the ADIB Current Accounts?
Ans: You will need to pay 25 AED as a non-maintenance charge if your account balance goes below 3000 AED during any month.
Q.2. Does ADIB offer any Debit/credit card to the account holder?
Ans: Yes, the bank offers ‘ADIB Visa Electron Debit Card’ free of cost to the account holders of ADIB Current Account and ADIB Electron Account. This debit card caters secure & instant access to the bank account at any ATM or retail outlet.
Q.3. How is the ADIB Current Account Shariah Compliant?
Ans: Both of the current accounts offered by ADIB are based on the Qard Hasan (an Islamic principle) where the account holder’s deposits are regarded as a ‘non-profit bearing loan’ to the bank. The bank will have the obligation of returning the lent amount as and when the account holder requests.
Q.4. How do I use SMS banking?
Ans: You can call on ‘600 54 3216, select your language, & dial ‘0’ in order to speak to one of the ADIB’s agents & subscribe to ADIB SMS for free.
Q.5. How can I check my account’s balance?
Ans: In order to check your account’s balance, SMS ‘BAL’ to 2400.
Q.6. Can I use phone banking for free?
Ans: Yes, you can use phone banking free of charge.
Q.7. How can I open an ADIB Current Account online?
Ans: In order to open an ADIB Current Account, you can visit the official website of the bank and choose the desired current account offered by ADIB. Click on the ‘apply now’ button, fill in the required details, and submit it to the bank. Then, the bank representative will contact you for further information and for processing your bank account application form.
Q.8. What are the standing instructions?
Ans: Standing instructions allow you to make payments automatically for a range of regular transactions including installments, donations, bill payments, and transfers on chosen dates.
- ADCB Bank Accounts
- ADIB Bank Accounts
- Ajman Bank Accounts
- Al Hilal Bank Accounts
- Al Khaliji Bank Accounts
- Arab Bank Accounts
- CBD Bank Accounts
- CBI Bank Accounts
- Citibank Accounts
- Dubai Islamic Bank Accounts
- Emirates Islamic Bank Accounts
- Emirates NBD Bank Accounts
- FAB Bank Accounts
- United Arab Bank Accounts