ADCB Etihad Platinum Credit Card
Etihad Platinum Credit Card offered by Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB) is exclusively designed to meet the higher standards of the sophisticated individual today. The credit card comes with amazing benefits and privileges so as to complement the modern lifestyle of an individual. ADCB Etihad Platinum cardmembers get to have the best experience and get a chance to Rise Above the others. This card makes sure that the travel of the cardholder becomes a rewarding affair while using the card.
Features and Benefits of ADCB Etihad Platinum Credit Card
The platinum card comes with some power-packed features and benefits. They are as follows:
Extended Warranty and Purchase Protection
Etihad Platinum Cardmember can make use of this card to make purchases across the globe and enjoy enhanced protection and care. The coverage provided to the cardholder includes:
- Purchase Protection: This protection covers the cardholder against any accidental damage or theft caused to the new purchases made on their ADCB Etihad Platinum card for a period of up to 365 days. The reimbursement amount is capped at AED 5,000 per occurrence and AED 20,000 annually. The cardholder must file a claim within 48 hours from the occurrence.
- Extended Warranty: This ADCB Etihad card allows cardmembers to double up the original repair period offered by their retailer or manufacturer for up to 1 year. This helps in providing coverage for any repair or replacement costs. The reimbursement amount is capped at AED 2,500 per occurrence and AED 20,000 annually.
Legal and Medical Referral Services
ADCB Etihad Platinum Credit Card offers legal and medical referral assistance to its cardholders and their immediate family members while traveling together on their journey outside their principal residence country for a period of up to 90 days. A devoted 24-hour helpline – International SOS can be called while on foreign soil to avail 24-hour legal and medical services.
Etihad Platinum Card by ADCB offers protection to its card members in the event of death, involuntary employment loss, critical illness, or permanent disability. The cardholders can simply enroll themselves in the Credit Shield programmer simply by paying an affordable monthly fee. This program also safeguards the cardholder against the risk of death due to any reason for up to AED 100,000.
Transfer of Balance
The card members can transfer their outstanding balance from their credit card from other banks to Etihad Platinum Card and save with a comparatively lower rate of interest. Additionally, this can be repaid over a flexible tenure of up to 24 months.
The cardholder has complete control over the transactions on his or her card along with the setting of daily spending limits by using the card control feature on the ADCB app. This feature allows the cardholder to set daily and monthly spending limits, along with blocking all, online, in-store, or foreign transactions. Cash withdrawals from ATMs can also be blocked using this service.
This ADCB Etihad Card allows a maximum of 55 interest-free days as long as the cardholder continues to make payment against the outstanding dues in full every by the due date.
Convenient Payment Options
The cardholder has the flexibility to pay as little as 5% while carrying the remaining balance to the next month’s billing cycle. The payment for the dues can be made by using any of the various convenient payment options offered by ADCB:
- Mobile Banking
- Personal Internet Banking
- Auto-Debit Facility
- ADCB Branches and Cash Deposit Machines
The card can easily be managed by cardmembers by using either the Personal Internet Banking or the Mobile Banking platform. Additionally, payment for various services can be made using any of these platforms, such as:
- Utility bills
- Phone bills
- College and school fee
- Credit Card
Personal Payment Plan
Etihad Platinum Cardmember can split their daily purchase transactions made on the card at lower rates of interest and make the payment in easy installments of spread across flexible tenures of up to 24 months.
Credit Card Loan
Cardholders of ADCB Etihad Platinum Card can avail loan on their credit cards. They just have to call the bank and the amount is transferred in their account within 3 working days. They can avail this loan at comparatively lower interest rates and repayment can be done in easy installments of flexible tenures ranging up to 24 months.
Membership of Exclusive Etihad Guest Silver Tier
Fast-tracking of the status of Silver Tier to elite Etihad Guest Silver Tier is enabled by Etihad Platinum Card. This Platinum cardholder automatically gets enrolled in Etihad Guest Silver tier while fulfilling wither of the below-mentioned parameters:
- Accumulation of 18K tier miles via purchases with the Platinum Card in under a period of 6 months of the issuance of the card; or
- Completion of 2 return flights on the Etihad Airways in under 6 months of the card issuance.
The cardmembers are upgraded automatically to Etihad Guest Siler Tier in under 2 weeks of fulfilling either of the aforementioned parameters.
Privileges at Visa Luxury Hotels
Cardholders are entitled to exclusive privileges with the collection of over 900 luxury resorts and hotels of Visa. These perks include:
- Automatic upgrade of room on arrival
- Free in-room WiFi
- Complimentary breakfast daily
- Food and beverage credit worth USD 25
- VIP guest status along with a late check-out until 3 pm
Complimentary Lounge Access
The card members can enjoy 3 complimentary accesses to the premium airport lounges all across different cities if they travel with their Etihad Platinum Card. They can enjoy the services of the premium lounges without paying a penny. The cardholders can have refreshments, watch movies, and go online at the lounge.
Complimentary Golf Access
Individuals who have Etihad Platinum Card can play golf free of cost at some of the country’s best golf courses.
- They can play Golf free of cost around the year at the Yas Links Golf Club Abu Dhabi, Arabian Ranches Golf Club Dubai, Meydan Golf Dubai, and The Track.
- The card members just have to make a purchase of AED 5,000 on their Platinum card every single month so as to enjoy continuous access.
Rewards and Offers of ADCB Etihad Platinum Card
Listed below are some of the rewards and offers on the Etihad Platinum Card:
Tier Miles on the Purchases made
The purchases made on the card also makes the cardmember eligible to earn the Tier Miles. These Tier Miles are taken into account towards the attainment of the next tier along with maintenance of the current status of the tier in under the Etihad Guest Programme.
- 1 Etihad Guest Tier Mile for each USD 1 of the qualifying purchase is earned, both overseas and domestically.
- The bank awards the Tier Miles subject to a maximal of 25K Tier Miles for the Platinum cardholders. This is only applicable for qualifying purchases and has a validity of 12 months basis the calendar year.
Etihad Platinum Cardmembers can earn various rewards by spending with the Platinum Card be it dining, shopping, travel, or entertainment expenses across the globe.
- 1.25 Etihad Guest Miles for every single USD 1 can be earned spent internationally.
- 1 Etihad Guest Mile for every single USD 1 can be earned spent locally.
- 1.25 Etihad Guest Miles for every single USD 1 can be earned spent with Etihad Airways.
- Purchases made in the categories of Education, Utilities, Government Services, and Supermarkets will draw 0.75 Etihad Guest Miles for every USD 1.
Monthly Bonus Miles
Out of gratitude towards the customer’s patronage, the 1,000 Etihad Guest Miles as a monthly bonus on every succeeding monthly spending equal to or more than USD 1,000.
Welcome Bonus Miles
12,000 Etihad Guest Miles for the duration of the first year of issuance of the card is offered by Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB). Welcome Bonus Miles can be redeemed for their flights and upgrade across the growing list of exotic destinations on Etihad Airways’ network and its associates.
The cardholder can enjoy a discount of up to 12% when making hotel bookings with Agoda’s official website using the ADCB Etihad Platinum credit card.
Cardmembers are entitled to a discount of 8% at the point of checkout when booking on the hotels.com’s official website. This can simply be redeemed by adding the ADCB Etihad Platinum card and using the promo code ‘VISA8.’
2 for 1 Visa Offers
Be it food or entertainment, the cardholder can access exclusive 2 for 1 deals offered on this ADCB Visa card along with more than 5,000 discount deals on travel simply with the Visa MENA app that can be downloaded from the Apple or Google Play Store. In order to get started, the cardholder just has to input his or her ADCB Etihad Platinum card.
Discounts on Lifestyle and Dining
The cardholder is eligible to enjoy discounts of up to 30% across more than 1400 dining outlets across the UAE. On top of that, he or she also has access to numerous offers on shopping, travel, entertainment, among more.
Offers at Yas Attractions
Etihad Platinum Card member can avail exclusive benefits at the three of the largest theme parks in the country, namely Warner Bros. World, Yas WaterWorld and Ferrari World.
- A discount of 15% on the annual passes and General Admission Tickets.
- The card member receives a Complimentary Quick Pass worth AED 150 for priority queues and priority access to the rides at ticket counters.
- A discount of 10% on Food and Beverages
- Up-gradation of comp tickets on the next premium
- A discount of 15% on Merchandise
- An interest payment plan of 0% is available on all the purchases of more than AED 500 made at the Yas WaterWorld and Ferrari World.
ADCB Etihad Platinum Card Fees and charges
|Particulars||Fee and Charges|
Cash Advance Fees
AED 105 or 3.15% (whichever is higher)
Finance charges are evaluated on the daily closing balance from the date of transaction until the date of payment: Retail Transaction
Late Payment Fees
(in case the minimum due payment is not paid by the due date of payment)
Card Replacement Fees
Over Limit Charges
Returned Cheque Charges
Duplicate Statement Fees
Copy of the Sale Voucher or Invoice
Credit Shield Fees (optional)
1.0395% (of the outstanding at the billing cycle)
Processing Fees on 0% interest payment plans at the partner merchants and credit loans
Charges for Liability/no liability letter
Temporary Credit Limit Increase Fees
Due Date of Payment from the Date of Statement
Minimum Due Payment
AED 100 or 5%(whichever is higher)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Is there any membership to be paid to enroll for ADCB Etihad Platinum Card?
Ans: Yes. The applicant does not have to pay an annual membership fee of AED 525 in order to enroll for ADCB Etihad Platinum Card.
Q2: What is the rate of interest charged on Etihad Platinum Card?
Ans: 3.25% rate of interest is charged on Etihad Platinum Card by ADCB.
Q3: What is the Etihad Guest Miles Programme?
Ans: Etihad Guest Miles Program is a reward program designed by Etihad Airways for loyal and frequent flying members.
Q4: How can I redeem my Etihad Guest Miles?
Ans: You can redeem Etihad Guest Miles instantly and avail free upgrades, book free flights, and more. It is easy to spend your miles with Etihad Airways. You can also avail various benefits of shopping opportunities at Rewards Shop. You can also use these Etihad Guest Miles to experience Pearl Business Class flights and the Diamond First Class.
Q5: Can I obtain a cash advance using my ADCB Etihad Platinum Card?
Ans: Yes, you can obtain a cash advance of up to 60% of your available credit limit using this ADCB Etihad card.
- ADCB Credit Cards
- ADIB Credit Cards
- Ajman Bank Credit Cards
- American Express Credit Cards
- Aseel Finance Credit Cards
- CBI Credit Cards
- Citibank Credit Cards
- Commercial Bank of Dubai Credit Cards
- Deem Finance Credit Cards
- Dubai Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Emirates Islamic Credit Cards
- Emirates NBD Credit Cards
- Finance House Credit Cards
- HSBC Credit Cards
- Mashreq Bank Credit Cards
- Mawarid Finance Credit Cards
- NAJM Credit Cards
- NBF Credit Cards
- Noor Bank Credit Cards
- RAKBANK Credit Cards
- Sharjah Islamic Bank Credit Cards
- Standard Chartered Bank Credit Cards
- United Arab Bank (UAB) Credit Cards