5 Tips for Maintaining Your Car in the Summers
Summers are just around the corner. If you have auto insurance in UAE, your vehicle is probably safe, but you need to do some preparations beforehand for the dog days of summer. As you already know, summers in Dubai and across the UAE can be tough for both living and non-living alike, and cars are no exception.
Have a quick read to know how you can prepare your vehicle for the summer roast -
1) Car Air-Conditioning: Check
The first thing that probably comes to your mind with the rising temperature is how to make car AC more effective. With the temperature soaring to 50 degrees Celsius in our city, the best way to use car air conditioning is to get it checked before the temperature reaches its peak.
Your car air-conditioning maintenance will include gas refilling, cleaning of the filters, leakage fixing etc. To be on the safer side, it is advisable to get your car AC checked at least once a year from your car manufacturer or at some workshop.
You can also read car AC care tips online if you want to know about it in detail.
2) Check Your Battery Conditions
Extreme temperatures can exhaust your car batteries as well. If your car has been running on the same batteries for two consecutive years, then this may be the perfect time to get them checked.
If you are worried over if it will last through the summer or needs immediate replacement, you should take it to the nearest workshop and they will check the actual battery charge level.
It will help avoid a situation where your car’s battery suddenly dies or while it is parked and you get stuck.
3) Tinted Windows
It is one of the most common and effective solutions to beat the heat while driving your car. If you are fond of them, you can try them this summer.
As it is, even air-conditioning becomes ineffective with the penetration of heat. Using tinted films can make your car AC effective, especially when it’s hot and sunny outside
If you use good quality films, then it will considerably reduce the effect of heat and light that passes through the car windows.
4) Use of Car Sunshades
Ah! They can be life saviors, especially when the sunlight falls right on the face, penetrating through the car windows. Make them your best friends this summer. It will keep your car interior cool by reflecting the direct sun rays.
If you want to ditch the conventional way, you can try the latest solar-powered car fans. It is the new thing in town. Simply fix them on the windscreen and let your car cool down while you are away.
5) Checking Tyre Pressure Can Save Your Life
The first thing that is affected by summers is the car tyres. Due to extreme temperature, cases of tyre-bursting have become frequent in our city. And, it is one of the most common reasons for accidents on our city roads.
When temperature increases, the tyres inflate due to the expansion of air inside the tyres and it eventually bursts, succumbing to the high pressure. Even auto insurance in UAE will not cover the damage caused due to old worn-out tyres.
Tip – You must have seen free tyre-pressure control machines at petrol stations. You can also go to a nearby gas station and get the pressure level of your tyres checked. To ensure your safety, it is recommended that you get your spare tyre checked as well.
Important Tips to Remember
- Keep an eye on the temperature of your car’s engine
- Always use the engine coolant instead of water
- Radiator keeps the car engine cool. You should regularly check the radiator for any leaks.
- Also, check your car tyre pressure every week.
- Check the normal wear and tear of your car tyres and replace them if the tread is less than 1.6mm.
- After starting your, do not turn on the AC immediately. Wait for a couple of minutes and then switch it on.
- Roll down your car windows before you sit in the car, it will help in air circulation.
- If the warranty period of your battery is over, get it replaced to avoid getting stranded on-road.
- Maintain the optimum level of coolant and the engine oil.
- Get your car AC serviced to ensure optimum gas levels and maximum cooling in the car.
- Follow the car maintenance tips as prescribed by your car mechanic to avoid any breakdown of the car.
In a Nutshell
We hope, the above-mentioned tips will help keep your car in a good shape and that your car doesn’t leave you stranded in the middle of the road.